2022 Hot Stove

Valuist

EOG Master
Very nice win for the Tigers today. Playing them live could have been a very nice return. Pollack misplayed two balls in the 9th that cost the Sox the game.

I didn't get to see that but I thought they got Pollack to improve the outfield defense.

Valuist

EOG Master
Stroman has done well in 3 career starts at Coors. 3 starts, 22 innings only 14 hits and 2 walks and 4 earned runs.

Valuist

EOG Master
Maddon intentionally walks Seager w bases loaded to bring in run

Wtf is going on in this world?!?@

Insane.

The 2016 Cubs won the World Series in spite of Maddon. Definitely not because of him.

Mark Leiter Jr gets the start at Coors today. His first start in Coors. He did pitch 4 1/3 in relief there in 2017 and allowed only 2 hits and 0 runs. If he thinks it will be that easy again, he may be in for a rude awakening.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Talk about calling outside pitches for strikes, the ump in the A's and Bluejays game today is a classic, have no wager on the game, WTF havent seen it this bad in a long time lol

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Insane.

The 2016 Cubs won the World Series in spite of Maddon. Definitely not because of him.

Mark Leiter Jr gets the start at Coors today. His first start in Coors. He did pitch 4 1/3 in relief there in 2017 and allowed only 2 hits and 0 runs. If he thinks it will be that easy again, he may be in for a rude awakening.

Good call
Leiter's line yesterday

IP H R ER BB K HR
3.1 5 7 7 4 4 1

Valuist

EOG Master
I'm about 20 miles from the Indians/Cleveland Baseball Club's stadium and its 34 degrees. Maybe, just maybe it might get to 40 degrees. Alex Wood going for the Giants. Wood started his career with Atlanta, went to the Dodgers, then one season in Cincinnati, back to the Dodgers and then the Giants. With those teams, very few opportunities to play in frigid cold. Yes, the Dodgers go to Coors three times a season but none of Wood's starts there were below 50 degrees. What about Cincinnati? Plenty of chances to play in Chicago, Pittsburgh and St Louis early in the season. But Wood was out and didn't pitch until July of his season with the Reds. I found one game: a start Wood made in April of 2017 at Wrigley while with the Dodgers. It was 41 degrees and Wood only went 3 2/3 innings and walked 5. While we think of cold hurting hitters, there's some pitchers who have issues gripping the ball in cold.

Valuist

EOG Master
Cubs and Rockies: how do you like Smyly today? I don't. He may be useful as a back end of the rotation guy for the Cubs and I found a 73 1/2 and bet that RSW total over. But today the outlook for him is very ominous. One one career start at Coors: in July of 2016 he went 5 innings, 9 hits allowed, 5 earned runs, 2 walks and suffered the loss. Actually that outing might not be considered horrible by Coors standards. The concern is the changing pitch mix. At Coors, you want lots of fastballs and changeups; limit pitches of movement. Granted only 1 start so far but Smyly's curveball usage has gone up from 29% to 36% to 42% to 51.5% since 2019 and his fastball usage has suffered a steep decline.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Jeff Nelson should probably not be allowed to ump behind home plate after yesterday's game in Toronto until some review or explanation. His accuracy score on called strikes I believe was 68% which doesn't get you into ump school. Toronto manager was tossed because of it

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I'm about 20 miles from the Indians/Cleveland Baseball Club's stadium and its 34 degrees. Maybe, just maybe it might get to 40 degrees. Alex Wood going for the Giants. Wood started his career with Atlanta, went to the Dodgers, then one season in Cincinnati, back to the Dodgers and then the Giants. With those teams, very few opportunities to play in frigid cold. Yes, the Dodgers go to Coors three times a season but none of Wood's starts there were below 50 degrees. What about Cincinnati? Plenty of chances to play in Chicago, Pittsburgh and St Louis early in the season. But Wood was out and didn't pitch until July of his season with the Reds. I found one game: a start Wood made in April of 2017 at Wrigley while with the Dodgers. It was 41 degrees and Wood only went 3 2/3 innings and walked 5. While we think of cold hurting hitters, there's some pitchers who have issues gripping the ball in cold.

I took +1.5 runs +24 down 0-2 2nd inn
GL

Valuist

EOG Master
Is today the day a game finally goes over at Camden Yards? I wouldn't get in front of this streak. Since the LCF fence was moved back 30 feet, there have been 8 games. 7 unders and a push. And amazing how that's made a hideous Oriole bullpen to now be leading in bullpen WAR after April.

Heim

EOG Master
I can see why Larry Vanover is considered a pitcher's ump.

He called a strike three on Marsh a foot outside with Trout
up next to load the bases.

Baseball needs to implement the challenge rule on egregious calls
like this.

Valuist

EOG Master
Have to look over in that Halos/White Sox game at 8 1/2. LAA leading MLB in WRC+. The White Sox haven't hit great but certainly have the personnel to hit Lorenzen. Keuchel has faced LAA many times as their hitters have 120 PA vs him. But Keuchel just a shell of the pitcher who actually won a Cy Young. White Sox bullpen, expected to be one of the best, has struggled quite a bit so far.

Heim

EOG Master
Have to look over in that Halos/White Sox game at 8 1/2. LAA leading MLB in WRC+. The White Sox haven't hit great but certainly have the personnel to hit Lorenzen. Keuchel has faced LAA many times as their hitters have 120 PA vs him. But Keuchel just a shell of the pitcher who actually won a Cy Young. White Sox bullpen, expected to be one of the best, has struggled quite a bit so far.

Nutty 9th got you there. Iglesias imploded.

MrTop

EOG Master
Cano, 39, who is owed $24 million each of the next two seasons, is hitting just .195 with one home run and three RBIs in 41 at-bats this season.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I like the Twins lineup tonight with their top rookie Miranda at 3rd instead of the vanilla Gio Urshela. Also have the other catcher in, with Sanchez on bench. Also a better lineup with no Sano at this point.

Valuist

EOG Master
Clevinger is back, and facing his old team, the Cleveland baseball club. He has made a total of 8 starts since the end of the 2019 season.

MrTop

EOG Master
Steve Cohen’s Secret Weapon for the Mets: His Hedge Fund

Some employees from the billionaire’s firm, Point72 Asset Management, are moonlighting in crucial roles for his baseball team. Many are tasked with improving data analysis and technology.​

Valuist

EOG Master
Steve Cohen’s Secret Weapon for the Mets: His Hedge Fund

Some employees from the billionaire’s firm, Point72 Asset Management, are moonlighting in crucial roles for his baseball team. Many are tasked with improving data analysis and technology.​

I hope their models realize the degree of how the markets are imploding. Then again, maybe the Mets take their minds off how much money is getting flushed down the toilet daily by the hedge fund.

Valuist

EOG Master
Imagine having a fantasy lineup, the Cleveland/White Sox game is late so you go to bed thinking you wasted your time using Naylor.

Since the start of 2021, the White Sox bullpen was supposed to be all that. It definitely has NOT been that.

MrTop

EOG Master
Imagine having a fantasy lineup, the Cleveland/White Sox game is late so you go to bed thinking you wasted your time using Naylor.

Since the start of 2021, the White Sox bullpen was supposed to be all that. It definitely has NOT been that.

is it the relief or next to last in fielding?