2022 death pool

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Pope Benedict XVI, who resigned as pontiff in 2013 during a clerical sexual abuse scandal that engulfed the Catholic Church, has died. He was 95.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Nate Colbert.
One of the very few great players for those early Padres teams.

I was very surprised to read that he had played for several other teams other than the Padres. I assumed he was a Padres lifer,

Nate Colbert was a three-time All-Star for the San Diego Padres in the 1960s and ‘70s and remains the franchise’s home run leader.

Colbert signed with his hometown St. Louis Cardinals as a free agent in 1964 and was then chosen by the Houston Astros in the 1965 Rule 5 draft. He played for the Astros until 1968, when the San Diego Padres were established and chose him in their expansion draft. Colbert became an early star for the Padres, a three-time All-Star in the 1970s and a powerful hitter. He hit five home runs in one 1972 doubleheader, one of only two MLB players to do so. His 163 home runs over six seasons with the Padres remains the team’s record. Traded to the Detroit Tigers in 1975, Colbert also briefly played for the Montreal Expos and Oakland A’s before his retirement in 1976 due to back problems.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
By the time Nate Colbert came to the Tigers in 1975 (age 29), he was washed up. He played 45 games for the tigers hitting .147, 4 HRs before he was sold to Montreal. The 1975 baseball season preview book I had described him as Big Bopper Gone Bad.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Kavanaugh is squishy as well.
How did those 2 get there? They got there because donald trump does what he's told. Same way chris wray got there, kelly, and all the rest of the back stabbers he hired. He listened to people that hated him and did exactly what they wanted.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Why did trump hire bill barr? Because people that wanted to undermine him told him to. he could have placed a reliable allay as attorney general, trump is an idiot and nothing will be better next time.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Why did trump hire bill barr? Because people that wanted to undermine him told him to. he could have placed a reliable allay as attorney general, trump is an idiot and nothing will be better next time.
He’ll spend four years trying to settle scores.