2021 Baseball Picks, Fades, Info, Group Discussion

Please explain to me how Utah is 10 on the road,after 12' at home. This is Minn first home game since the Floyd verdict,and with them playing a game tomorrow on the road will go all out To factor in this much for Utah losing at home with a quick tournaround is suprising. I made the line 6' at most, no Donavan Mitchell for Utah.

Utah just lost at home to Minny. Looking for revenge?

Oakland is a must fade in first game after ending long winning streak.

BOL. Maybe someone, but not both, will be happy after the game tonight:

Oakland -1½ +145 over TAMPA BAY

7:10 PM EST. Sean Manea (LHP - OAK) has a nice 5/22 BB/K split after 24 innings covering four starts, Dude just keeps posting solid ratios across the board with pinpoint control and a 12.9% swing & miss rate. What sticks out to us is that Manea will face a Rays’ squad that is awful against southpaws with a .696 OPS, a .228 BA and more K’s against lefties than any team in the majors.

Rich Hill (LHP - TAM) looks to turn things around against an Oakland club that’s had more success against LHP (.768 OPS) versus RHP (.689 OPS) and ranks second in OPS on the road thus far (.759). Hill has allowed exactly four earned runs in every start this season, resulting in an 8.82 ERA, 1.53 WHIP, and 0/75% dominant start/disaster start split. Hill has made it out of the fifth inning once, and has surpassed 80 pitches twice. In addition, his 11.4% swing & miss rate and 30% K% from 2019 seems to be a sign of the past, as he’s generated a 7.4% swing & miss rate and 19% K% in ’21. Oakland comes in hot and also has a serious advantage in every pitching and hitting category. That’s enough for us to move in.

https://www.sportswagers.ca/mlb/picks.php?pid=25227

Valuist

EOG Master
This KC team looked like a good candidate to move forward this year. I know the recent series was only Detroit, but I like this ability to win close games (6-0 now in one run games).

KC (14-7) is at the Pirates (11-11) tomorrow. Junis (R) vs Anderson (L).... -105 vs -103 (Pinnacle). KC has won 5 straight, Pittsburg their last 2.

Sherwood was saying the other day that Pittsburg was expected to lose over 100 games this season & are going to regress.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
KC (14-7) is at the Pirates (11-11) tomorrow. Junis (R) vs Anderson (L).... -105 vs -103 (Pinnacle). KC has won 5 straight, Pittsburg their last 2.

Sherwood was saying the other day that Pittsburg was expected to lose over 100 games this season & are going to regress.
Tyler Anderson has good stuff

Valuist

EOG Master
Why is Philadelphia favored on the road at St Louis? Sample sizes for the pitchers still pretty small. Martinez hasn't been good, except for his last start, which was pretty good. Phillie bullpen still can't be trusted.

Another time MGM is going to give me Max Scherzer on the 5 innings line for free? Game line is Was -115, same for the 5 innings. Only at MGM too, the others are marking up the Nats on the 5 inning. Interesting position they keep offering on one of the most reliable starters around.

Another time MGM is going to give me Max Scherzer on the 5 innings line for free? Game line is Was -115, same for the 5 innings. Only at MGM too, the others are marking up the Nats on the 5 inning. Interesting position they keep offering on one of the most reliable starters around.

Only -115 on the 1H line? The other side is +130 now at Pinnacle for a nice scalp.

"Yes, Pittsburgh has moved to a Pro’s v Joe’s."

----

"Highest public concentrations...

Kansas City -110"

TSP

Valuist

EOG Master
Why is Philadelphia favored on the road at St Louis? Sample sizes for the pitchers still pretty small. Martinez hasn't been good, except for his last start, which was pretty good. Phillie bullpen still can't be trusted.

Market too low on Carlos Martinez? Surprised he was a home dog vs Eflin.

In the long run your bettor off keeping the bet than scalping, if you experience pinnacle taking the money when scalping.

Wish I had scalped, oh well maybe MGM has properly predicted the decline of Max. Strange how all the other books had an adjustment, they definitely had to be taking a side there

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Anyone see the Bottom of the 8th in Cleveland tonight?

Alex Colome on the mound for Minnesota, who has just been brutal...

-Franmil Reyes strikes out on 8 pitches... the 3rd strike was called and was at least 3 inches outside.
-Josh Naylor gets hit with the 4th pitch. Trainer comes out, brief delay, he stays in the game.
-Jake Bauers walks on 5 pitches, the 4 balls nowhere near
-Roberto Perez strikes out swinging on 4 pitches
-Andres Gimenez walks on 5 pitches, Ball 2 was pretty clearly a strike
-Cesar Hernandez walks on 4 pitches. Ball 4 was a strike and Colome throws his hands up at the ump in frustration. Naylor scores

Jorge Alcala replaces Colome. Alcala has an absolutely electric arm but has *ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA* where the ball is going.

-Jordan Luplow gets hit with the 6th pitch... 99 mph to the left shoulder. Stays in the game. Bauers scores
-Jose Ramirez strikes out on the 7th pitch.

End inning.

That all took 39 minutes. When you count all the commerical breaks, injury delays and Cruz's strikeout to end the top half of the 8th, over 45 minutes passed between Buxton's homer and Alex Kirilloff's lineout to start the 9th. That's 45 minutes without A SINGLE BALL put in play.

This inning was a microcosm of everything that's wrong with MLB... hitters doing nothing but swinging for the fences, pitchers for whom the only emphasis is velocity, and some really bad plate umpiring (which is overall the worst I've ever seen it this year.)

Coming into tonight's games, the league was batting .232 as a whole, and the Reds led the National League with a .247 team batting average.

I get that these numbers will probably come up somewhat as the weather warms.

I'm not sure about this, but I seem to also remember hearing that the pitching is on pace to hit a record number of batters this year, and it's not even close. (Admittedly small sample size) That's just straight up dangerous.

Something HAS to change, but I'm not sure what....

"LA loses 3rd straight for first time since '19
Buehler strikes out 10 Reds, but bullpen can't hold narrow lead

...LOS ANGELES -- During the Dodgers’ current funk, the offensive struggles have been at the forefront of a lot of their issues. In Tuesday’s 6-5 loss to the Reds at Dodger Stadium, the offense performed slightly better, putting up five runs on the board for just the third time in their last nine games, but the pitching wasn’t quite up to Los Angeles’ standards.

The loss marked the first time since Aug. 29-31, 2019, that the Dodgers have dropped three in a row. They’re 2-7 in their last nine games and are 9-8 on the season against teams that aren’t the last-place Rockies.

https://www.mlb.com/news/dodgers-lose-third-straight-for-first-time-since-2019

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Anyone see the Bottom of the 8th in Cleveland tonight?

Alex Colome on the mound for Minnesota, who has just been brutal...

-Franmil Reyes strikes out on 8 pitches... the 3rd strike was called and was at least 3 inches outside.
-Josh Naylor gets hit with the 4th pitch. Trainer comes out, brief delay, he stays in the game.
-Jake Bauers walks on 5 pitches, the 4 balls nowhere near
-Roberto Perez strikes out swinging on 4 pitches
-Andres Gimenez walks on 5 pitches, Ball 2 was pretty clearly a strike
-Cesar Hernandez walks on 4 pitches. Ball 4 was a strike and Colome throws his hands up at the ump in frustration. Naylor scores

Jorge Alcala replaces Colome. Alcala has an absolutely electric arm but has *ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA* where the ball is going.

-Jordan Luplow gets hit with the 6th pitch... 99 mph to the left shoulder. Stays in the game. Bauers scores
-Jose Ramirez strikes out on the 7th pitch.

End inning.

That all took 39 minutes. When you count all the commerical breaks, injury delays and Cruz's strikeout to end the top half of the 8th, over 45 minutes passed between Buxton's homer and Alex Kirilloff's lineout to start the 9th. That's 45 minutes without A SINGLE BALL put in play.

This inning was a microcosm of everything that's wrong with MLB... hitters doing nothing but swinging for the fences, pitchers for whom the only emphasis is velocity, and some really bad plate umpiring (which is overall the worst I've ever seen it this year.)

Coming into tonight's games, the league was batting .232 as a whole, and the Reds led the National League with a .247 team batting average.

I get that these numbers will probably come up somewhat as the weather warms.

I'm not sure about this, but I seem to also remember hearing that the pitching is on pace to hit a record number of batters this year, and it's not even close. (Admittedly small sample size) That's just straight up dangerous.

Something HAS to change, but I'm not sure what....
The league is batting .232, 12% of SP's pitch into the 7th, but the games are 3:08 now. Something has to chance, shortening the games to 7 innings isn't the solution.