#1 NFL Draft pick?

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
The best pick in the 1ST ROUND .......will be Cooper DeJean, Iowa

Hoping the Packers trade up for him.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
I just looked him up – he’s listed as a cornerback and punt returner.
My jaw dropped when I saw his picture – he’s a white guy!
I seriously doubt that the Packers, or anyone else, will trade up in the first round to get a white cornerback. Laughingstock if they do.
The last several hundred full-time NFL cornerbacks have all been black.
Sounds to me like he could be a safety. Very athletic and fast.
I’m saying, there’s a chance.
But elite white cornerbacks are as rare as elite black mathematicians.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fields = youtube QB

Exactly.

Justin Fields is spectacular but not solid.

Maddening.

He's like the flashy shortstop from the Dominican Republic who makes all the flashy plays in the early innings and then blows the routine play in the ninth inning.

No thanks.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I just looked him up – he’s listed as a cornerback and punt returner.
My jaw dropped when I saw his picture – he’s a white guy!
I seriously doubt that the Packers, or anyone else, will trade up in the first round to get a white cornerback. Laughingstock if they do.
The last several hundred full-time NFL cornerbacks have all been black.
Sounds to me like he could be a safety. Very athletic and fast.
I’m saying, there’s a chance.
But elite white cornerbacks are as rare as elite black mathematicians.

If CRAZY PETE was employed in corporate America, he would be attending DEI training tomorrow morning at 9.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Via Lombardi:
SI NFL guy said bears are looking for a sam darnold kind of deal....Lombardi said he spoke to many people at the combine and there was no interest in Fields
The best way to get a false narrative out there is to feed a dope like Lombardi a line of shit

This guy could get yesterday's weather report wrong

Heim

EOG Master
I don't think it's a bad idea to make Fields a 'H' back. Utilize his speed and athletism. Didn't Pryor change positions in the NFL?

blueline

EOG Master
The best way to get a false narrative out there is to feed a dope like Lombardi a line of shit

This guy could get yesterday's weather report wrong
in June you posted this:

Lombardi is the absolute #1 dude for nfl information when it comes to throwing water on hot takes. Justin fields is his whipping boy. Tua was too at one point but not so much.

Trey Lance. Lol

He probably asked for time off. I think he is finishing up writing a book so maybe he needs to meet a deadline.

He is a must listen to with the Lombardi line and his GM shuffle.
Love it

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I would just keep Fields. It's the smart choice for the fact you know what he can and can't do. I just read that article where he does have a lot of backing to stay.

Just get more picks and draft positional players. Keep stacking the team around Fields. Draft Marvin Harrison Jr. and whoever else with the picks and future picks you get from trading down.

The offense would be more exciting with MHJ and you can even stack your defense even more with Verse or the guy from UCLA. This path guarantees you're in position to compete for years to come. Going the Williams and Odunze or Nabers is way more of a risk. Big time.

If I had the powe I would trade down with Washington or New England and draft MHJ. That's what I would do

Can always bring in a veteran QB to manage the offense like Flacco did if Fields gets hurt. Dude is a grandpa and found success.

Sweat by himself altered the trajection of Chicago to me. They can win now. Sweat can mentor Verse or the ucla guy. Two guys on opposite ends going after the QB.

Last edited: