EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (VALUIST is our December contestant)

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Years ago, EOG adopted a hands-off approach to forum discussions.

We had only one rule: Free speech but no hate speech.

Elon Musk is going with the same approach at Twitter.

Let's see how the strategy works for him.
Had to be decades ago. The term softie comes to mind these days with excessive free speech and a failure to regularly check on inboxes. At least that phase has since remained consistent.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Good luck....I'm on Jets too since White became QB....but tough to bet high on them as Saleh is another coach in over his head

Valuist

EOG Master
Adding two NFL plays.
Raiders -6 (-109) for Thursday night
Cincinnati -6 (-105) for Sunday

Maybe Mayfield will come to the rescue for the Rams. A subpar QB with a new playbook and a short week. What could go wrong?

His former team is dysfunctional. Watson's performance vs Houston was abhorrent. Maybe things turn around.....in 2023. The Browns offense netted 4 points vs the worst team in the NFL. 2 field goals and minus 2 for the safety against them. They've had the Bengals number recently, but I think this team is already thinking offseason.

1670416155996.png

Valuist

EOG Master
Good luck....I'm on Jets too since White became QB....but tough to bet high on them as Saleh is another coach in over his head

I saw a decent amount of the Jets/Vikings game and I don't know how long the Vikings can keep this horseshoe up their a$$. Jets outgained them by 199 yards, put the Vikings D on the field for 83 plays and got into the red zone SIX times. Those 6 RZ tries resulted in 1 TD, while Minnesota was 3 for 3. I want to bet Detroit but this is a game to wait; the public will be on Minnesota later in the week.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I saw a decent amount of the Jets/Vikings game and I don't know how long the Vikings can keep this horseshoe up their a$$. Jets outgained them by 199 yards, put the Vikings D on the field for 83 plays and got into the red zone SIX times. Those 6 RZ tries resulted in 1 TD, while Minnesota was 3 for 3. I want to bet Detroit but this is a game to wait; the public will be on Minnesota later in the week.

Agree about Vikes horseshoe but Jets loss on Saleh

Is this a joke? Detroit is a public darling. After easily covering against the Bills on Thanksgiving they went on the road and put a 31-18 beat down on the the Giants. Last week they were one of the most heavily bet public teams and crushed the Jags 40-14 and you think Joe Public is going to turn their back on them now?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It is December 7 and JK has made 1 contest related post. What does it take to get this guy to do his job? Would make a great Biden Homeland Security Director.

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated
Adding two NFL plays.
Raiders -6 (-109) for Thursday night
Cincinnati -6 (-105) for Sunday

Maybe Mayfield will come to the rescue for the Rams. A subpar QB with a new playbook and a short week. What could go wrong?

His former team is dysfunctional. Watson's performance vs Houston was abhorrent. Maybe things turn around.....in 2023. The Browns offense netted 4 points vs the worst team in the NFL. 2 field goals and minus 2 for the safety against them. They've had the Bengals number recently, but I think this team is already thinking offseason.

View attachment 7467619
Bengals can't win 11 this year can they??

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Now December 8th and JK still AWOL. He abandoned Woody and he is doing it again. Fake JK has 3 posts and flake JK has 6 posts but only 3 contest related. Thread starter, flirting with Valuist and 0-1 handy loser.

Valuist

EOG Master
That was a brutal beat. I go to bed with the Raiders up 16-3 midway through the 4th quarter. The spread cover was still in question, but even if the Rams get a TD, its still a push. I wake up and see it basically was a replay of the New Orleans/Tampa game from Monday night. The home team, trailing 16-3 late in the game, rallies for 2 TDs in final 3 minutes to pull out a 17-16 win. Except this was Baker, not Brady.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
That was a brutal beat. I go to bed with the Raiders up 16-3 midway through the 4th quarter. The spread cover was still in question, but even if the Rams get a TD, its still a push. I wake up and see it basically was a replay of the New Orleans/Tampa game from Monday night. The home team, trailing 16-3 late in the game, rallies for 2 TDs in final 3 minutes to pull out a 17-16 win. Except this was Baker, not Brady.
Try going 98 yards with no timeouts with a qb who was on the team for two days

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Lulz. A soft flick f the ball out of Baker's hands turned a running clock sack into a stopped clock 15 yard penalty.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This is a bigger joke than this contest. Bakers started celebrating after the ball was flicked. Like that Keye and Pele soccer parody.

So many rules were broken but they're going to count it!

Abundy

EOG Addicted
ShowsYou the brain of some of these football players. No timeouts. How about protecting the end end zone. Anything in front of you game is over.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
ShowsYou the brain of some of these football players. No timeouts. How about protecting the end end zone. Anything in front of you game is over.
Mayfield said after the game they should have played zone not press coverage for that exact reason. Heres the interview
CLICK WATCH ON YOUTUBE TO VIEW

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'm no Justin 7 but 1 plus 4 plus 1 minus December 9 is 3 missing plays which is probably not not good when you need 18 wins in 31 days.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played by month's end.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

Nothing says 18 wins, only 60%. 16-10 (4 non plays) a winner?

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Nothing says 18 wins, only 60%. 16-10 (4 non plays) a winner?

You have to make 30 plays unless 60% or better is guaranteed even if the remainder are counted as losses. Thus 16-10 would be counted as 16-14 with 4 losses by forfeit.

This is a pretty obvious condition, since otherwise once you got 60% or better, you could just quit, say at 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 6-3, etc.

Note without Rule #7, once you got 6 more wins than losses and an even # of games left, you could just select both sides of a game to guarantee 60% (possibly even one side one minute before midnight and the other side one minute after midnight).

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Hand winner. Unfortunately Valuist has to go 16-6 instead of 16-8 because of failing to make picks 3(three) Jason Days.