Detroit Lions 2022 Season Thread

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
All winnable games for the Lions. The only one that worries me is Green Bay in January, you just never know what type of weather you will get.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
San Fag is on the clock. TBD if they can regroup without Grappo. They have a chance because of that defense. If not, Eagles or Cowboys.

boston massacre

EOG Master
The Lines Maker.

Explain That To VD.

Don't Want To Go Above Anybody's Intellect Level, But Alabama, On A Neutral, Opens Alabama 8 Over TCU.

Point Spreads Correlate With The Talent Level , In A Match Up Of 2 Teams.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Detroit Lions need to keep winning and get help to make NFL playoffs: Here's the path​

Detroit Lions need to keep winning and get help to make NFL playoffs: Here's the path

Interestingly, using the 538 simulator, right now the Lions have about an 8% chance of making the playoffs. If the Lions win their next 3 (Min, @Jets, @Panthers) and the NY Giants lose their next 3 (Phil, @Was, @Min), the Lions will have about a 50/50 chance (53%) of making the playoffs.

Seems somewhat reasonable!

Last edited:

choslamshe

EOG Master
Huge Vikes fan here but I have to admit, hard not to root for these guys. A ton of talent on offensive and the D is getting some confidence now.

I think they come out and smack the Vikings this week. Potential for close to 500 yards of offense against this "bend, don't break, but sometimes we flat out break" D.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
It's a crap shoot that this squad makes it to the playoffs in 2022, too big of a hole early on. 2023, no reason this squad, plus whatever pieces they add can't be The Greatest Show on Turf II

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Interestingly, using the 538 simulator, right now the Lions have about an 8% chance of making the playoffs. If the Lions win their next 3 (Min, @Jets, @Panthers) and the NY Giants lose their next 3 (Phil, @Was, @Min), the Lions will have about a 50/50 chance (53%) of making the playoffs.

Seems somewhat reasonable!
The Det-Jets game will be very interesting. Goff usually falls apart vs stout defenses.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions are a top 10 team, all the Goff haters are total dipshits

The way the Lions are playing reminds me of game 3 or 4 of the Rams season with Warner, you knew something special was happening. Rams then were still like 40-1 to win the superbowl. Greatest Show On Turf. Lions are clicking, too bad they wasted the first half of the season, but if they should sneak in, yes, they could do some damage. Bet them the other day to get into the playoffs but forget what odds I got, lol

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Giants beat Eagles, Lions all but eliminated but I need the Giants.

Lions need Eagles to beat Giants, Giants beat WTF. Gain 1 on both.

I can't get everything I special needs. Some scenario is going down.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The odds of Lions making the playoffs are higher than the Giants beating the Eagles and Cowboys especially since they lost twice to the Cowboys.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
So I would normally go with the Lions but I bet the Giants and need them for a cash me ouside offer which could be several dimes. Hence my Dell Dude dilemma.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
How about that, Jameson Williams the rookie out of Alabama who was injured in the title game catches his first TD, wide open! Dell Dude is probably excited!!!!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Giants losing. Fuck them. Geno playing at 4pm. Going to have to be a have at it as I have them @ 50-1 to win the west.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Traveled back from New York this weekend, missed most of the game. Fitting Hockenson fumbled the ball for the last play!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions are +1.5 at fan duel currently, +1 at draft kings, +1 at barstool and -1 at Pinnacle vs the Jets next Sunday. Total is 47 to 48

ComptrBob

EOG Master
538.com has the Lions playoff chances at 23%. With a win over the Jets next week, it goes to 38%.

Steve Kornacki, on NBC halftime, has it as 21%. (Tripled from 7% with results today)

Last edited:

choslamshe

EOG Master
Lions easily better than Commanders, Seahawks, Giants.

I hope they sneak in. Tougher out than Minny or Dallas at the moment