College Football -- Sept 14-16

YTD: 13-15 (-20.6*)
(Someone corrected my math last week, saying I was down -20.6* and not -21.7* as I had myself. I love that there are guys out there taking care of things like that.)

10* plays: 1-1
As easy as my 10* on USC in week 1, my selection of Texas last week was pitiful. Looking back, I can see that I was influenced by the media more than I want to be, and it inspired a critical misjudgment. Sorry about that. I want you to be able to trust my 10* plays.

7* Louisville -4
There's just something about this game that winks at me. I remember a few years ago when FSU was ambushed here, in a day when FSU was tougher than the rest. Can you imagine how big this game with Miami is to the people in Louisville, and how much energy will be rocking in the stadium Saturday? Miami showed how good their defense was against FSU, and they'll need it against these guys, with or without their Bush. The Canes will find things different on the road, visiting the Big East team that essentially took their place.

5* Mississippi St -10
OK, I admit, I bought this down to -10. I can't trust the Bulldogs with more than that. Yet after going scoreless in their first two games against tough defenses, the young Dawgs are going to discover that they enjoy scoring, and once they get the hang of it, they might do it a few times. They need to build some offensive confidence, and a small scale blowout will do them worlds of good. For one thing, State's defense is totally SEC-ready. They can play with anyone. Tulane won't have much offensive success against this bunch. And here is a name to remember for MSU: Anthony Dixon, a true freshman RB. This guy is around 6-2, 230, and he runs hard. He will be a punisher against teams like this. He was supposed to miss last week with a broken finger, but when the starting RB went out, he went in and played well. Watch him wear down Tulane, and perhaps get a couple of TDs himself.

5* Vandy +6
Arkansas takes their vaunted freshmen attack on the road, and it might not be a pretty sight. The Hawgs have some guys who are going to grow up and be pretty dang good, but their first game in a strange stadium might work to their disadvantage, even with Vandy's relatively listless crowd. The Dores already played Michigan and Bama close, and they can do it again, if not steal the outright upset.

Re: College Football -- Sept 14-16

Thanks, Closer. Best of luck to you.

I'm already upgrading that Vandy play to a 7*. I realize that this line could come down by Saturday, and I like the play a lot.

7* Vanderbilt +6

pvcpipe

EOG Master

best of luck to you, ny reb. i am on miss st -11. i can't play vanderbilt this week, although they were my strongest play last week. their hf advantage is nil, and i'm having a problem getting a quality read on arkansas.

Adding:

5* West Virginia -16
My first impulse was to strongly consider taking the Maryland Terrapins in this game. 16 points is a lot to give, and Maryland has a fairly good team, don't they? Couldn't this be a nice dog play? Well, upon further review, I think West Virginia is going to use a rare nationally televised game to pound the Terrapins and upgrade their perception among viewers and voters. I predict there will be a lot of scoring, and the Mountaineers are going to do most of it. In fact, this could get downright ugly. West Virginia wins 42-17.
<!-- / message -->

Thursday night goes 2-0 (+10*)

Teaser was easy.

That cuts our deficit in half and is a good way to start the weekend.

Big games yet to come.

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

nice work; reb

gl

keep 'em comin' man..!!

you're gittin' hot..!!!

gl

;) :p

Thanks, Kelp. I appreciate your support.

It's getting to that time of the week when write-ups get shorter and plays get bigger. Here is what I have for now.

7* Cincinnati +30
See no reason why the Buckeyes would have a thirst for running up this score. Main thing will be to get out without injuries.

5* TCU +2
Just in case anyone wonders, I always buy the half point. It is just something I do to reduce losses. I love TCU at home. Can you imagine what this game must be to them? This is like their super bowl, and they would like nothing better than to send 'big-time' Texas Tech home with a L.

5* Missouri -14
This is a little out of my league, but Missouri has looked awfully good early this season while New Mexico is having a down year. I have an idea this one could get out of hand early, and Mizzou will hang on to cover.

5* BYU +7
BYU wants revenge while BC might still be a little high from beating Clemson.

Looks like I'll have either one or two 10* plays late tonight or early tomorrow. Watch for my updates.
<!-- / message -->

5* Western Michigan +10
This is more a play against Virginia than a play on Western Michigan. Don't think Virginia will win in double digits.

All my plays:

All my plays:

10* LSU +4
10* Florida -3
7* Louisville -4
7* Vanderbilt +6
7* Cincinnati +30
5* Miss St -10
5* BYU +7
5* TCU +2
5* Missouri -14
5* Western Michigan +10
5* Ole Miss +4
5* Florida St -4
<!-- / message -->

Two more plays that are 'out of my league.'

5* Michigan +6
5* Nevada Reno -2

Remember, 5* plays are my action plays. This is by far my busiest Saturday so far, although even with high volume I generally do fine.

For top plays, stick to my 10*s and 7*s.

Good luck to you.
<!-- / message -->

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

.. i like nev; and played it at mon opening

i hate mich; feel they are overrated; but somehow; they play the irish tuff

gl

:)

I liked a lot of games this week, and I love action.

For the more business-minded, I am very selective about my 10* and 7* games. I just have 5 of those plays today. If I were a service, those would be the games I would release, lol.

Couple of notes before the LSU/Auburn game starts. This should be a great, great college football game. These two heavyweights are going to slam it out today, and I think when the dust settles LSU will be the winners. I love underdogs that I think will win the game outright.

I honestly didn't think I would be on Ole Miss again this week. It was a designated no-play, with even a slight lean to Kentucky. When I saw that 75% of the public are on Kentucky, plus the Rebels looked super terrible last week on national tv, and the line is not moving, plus some things I've heard about the Rebels this week, well, just had to throw a 5* on the guys.

Either Louisville will be exposed as overrated, or they will show that they belong on the national scene. I have a feeling that the Cardinals are going to make a staggering statement today.

Are the Seminoles ever going to be able to run the football again? That is the weirdest thing. They have all-world players and supposedly all-world coaches, and they can't run the football. They even have 2 of the top RBs that have come out of the prep ranks in the last few years. They have talent on the OL. Why can't they run? And what on earth will they do against Clemson?

Ah, I love this game. FSU wins by double digits.

The Florida/Tennessee game will be a contrast in coaching staffs -- one on the way up and the other on the way down. I'll let the game tell you which is which, but you know who I have a 10* play on.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

For the previous week, and the thread above, I went 8-5-3 (+11*). I will now discard the irrelevant stat for pushes for the overall record.

For the season, I am 21-20 (-9.6). We reduced our deficit by half, and hopefully next weekend we go ahead to stay.

Usually solid 10* plays are now 1-2. Sorry.

A weird weekend, I made some obvious mistakes, I'll learn and get better.

The best is yet to come.

Best of luck in all your dealings.
<!-- / message -->