NBA Playoffs...

choslamshe

EOG Master
Feel kinda bad that we didn't get to see what these Nuggets are all about. Miami had a phenomenal run, but when you do that as a bottom seed and eventually meet your match, it can get ugly. This was one of the ugliest finals in recent memory.

Heim

EOG Master
Miami never did figure out how to guard Jokic when he got the ball at the free throw line.

Biggest bucket was the Brown put back late to put them up one with a little over a minute.

Heim

EOG Master
If there was a minor MVP it would definitely be Gordon....he shut down Butler and perked up offensively. His block on Lowry
from outside was huge late. Not sure what Lowry was thinking trying to shoot over a guy 6'8"

boston massacre

EOG Master
If there was a minor MVP it would definitely be Gordon....he shut down Butler and perked up offensively. His block on Lowry
from outside was huge late. Not sure what Lowry was thinking trying to shoot over a guy 6'8"

Once Denver Let Their Guard Down In Game 2/ 4th Q., Malone Made Sure It. Never Happened Again.

Their Defense, Fighting Over Screens, Was Superb.

kane

EOG master
The league really needs the Celtics to come back, they can sell a Celtics/Nuggets final, Heat/Nuggets would be a ratings nightmare
With smaller markets in Denver and Miami comprising the NBA Finals, however, the league's championship series didn't fare as well in the ratings department.

Overall, the series averaged 11.65 million viewers, which according to Anthony Crupi of Sportico made it the "fifth least-watched Finals of the modern Nielsen era, which kicked off with the introduction of the portable people meter in 1987. Disregarding the asterisk-laden 2020 and 2021 Finals series, Miami-Denver only managed to top the San Antonio Spurs' sweep of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2007 (9.29 million viewers) and the little-seen Spurs-New Jersey Nets pairing in 2003 (9.86 million)."

choslamshe

EOG Master
Doesn't surprise me. The "stories" of Denver winning their first and Jokic's dominance, and the cinderella story that were the Heat, were interesting.

The matchup was horrible, the games were just as bad.

With smaller markets in Denver and Miami comprising the NBA Finals, however, the league's championship series didn't fare as well in the ratings department.

Overall, the series averaged 11.65 million viewers, which according to Anthony Crupi of Sportico made it the "fifth least-watched Finals of the modern Nielsen era, which kicked off with the introduction of the portable people meter in 1987. Disregarding the asterisk-laden 2020 and 2021 Finals series, Miami-Denver only managed to top the San Antonio Spurs' sweep of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2007 (9.29 million viewers) and the little-seen Spurs-New Jersey Nets pairing in 2003 (9.86 million)."
Captain Obvious patting himself on the back for figuring out that the Heat/Nuggets would be a ratings nightmare. The rest of us were in the dark.

Last edited:
Bruce Brown will be gone next year but as far as the core goes nobody's going anywhere.

There's an outside shot MPJ gets traded eventually but it would be for another max player.
I'm sure it was the Champagne talking but Bruce is actually talking about running it back with the Nuggets. This would be huge and I still think highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. He would probably be passing up a 10 million dollar raise! How often does that happen in todays sports world?

MrTop

EOG Master

a lot of money moving to miami area... could it change?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I will go raiders obvious and post the Nuggets are Joker. Everybody else is supporting cast. This year he stepped up his game to elite status. That's why they won.

For anyone that's actually followed basketball the Malone love is hilarious....
why? He's a coach that truly motivated his team. That's tough to do today. He had more weapons than Spo and he used it to capacity. Players, coach all went to Malone this round. Maybe that's not the case if they meet in another championship, but you can't deny what we all saw.

kane

EOG master
I will go raiders obvious and post the Nuggets are Joker. Everybody else is supporting cast. This year he stepped up his game to elite status. That's why they won.
Dell, he didn't step up his game this year, he's been playing at an elite level for several years now, there's a reason he won back to back MVP's, and could have easily made it three in a row this year, he's a player that can't be stopped, or even contained, his greatness is a given every night, to me the key to their team is Jamal Murray, he's Robin to Jokic's Batman, when Murray is great the Nuggets are great, when he's off they're beatable, and he was great in the finals, throw in a few solid role players, and you have a championship team

kane

EOG master
I'm sure it was the Champagne talking but Bruce is actually talking about running it back with the Nuggets. This would be huge and I still think highly unlikely but stranger things have happened. He would probably be passing up a 10 million dollar raise! How often does that happen in todays sports world?
We'll see what offers he gets, but I would be floored is he took a significant pay cut to stay in Denver, we're not talking about a guy who's made millions in his career and can afford to take less to stay, he just won a ring, now it's time to get paid, I can see him staying if the money is close, but all it takes is one team to make him an offer he can't say no to, really good player who's improved during his time in the league, credit to him for working hard and getting better each year, I have to think there will be a lot of interest in him, plenty of contenders would like to have him coming off the bench, and of course Denver would love to keep him, we'll see how it plays out

kane

EOG master
He would probably be passing up a 10 million dollar raise! How often does that happen in todays sports world?
Yeah, it's rare for an athlete to take less, one guy that stands out is Udonis Haslem, he spent his entire 20 year career in Miami, there were several times he turned down more money elsewhere to stay in Miami, in fact one time when he was a FA, the Nuggets offered him a contract that was significantly more than what the Heat offered, but he stayed

kane

EOG master
MIAMI - There is some irony in the Denver Nuggets being the last team that Udonis Haslem will ever suit up against.

They were the team that almost got him out of Miami.

In the summer of 2010, when most of the eyes in the NBA free agent world were on Miami for three other reasons - LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade - the Nuggets made a serious run at signing Haslem. The offer: five years, $34 million. And he was seriously tempted.

Haslem, who eventually re-signed with the Heat for five years and $20 million.

Throughout his career, Haslem left a lot of money on the table to stay where he was, not something you see often

Dell, he didn't step up his game this year, he's been playing at an elite level for several years now, there's a reason he won back to back MVP's, and could have easily made it three in a row this year, he's a player that can't be stopped, or even contained, his greatness is a given every night, to me the key to their team is Jamal Murray, he's Robin to Jokic's Batman, when Murray is great the Nuggets are great, when he's off they're beatable, and he was great in the finals, throw in a few solid role players, and you have a championship team
Murray is really good but Denver was 48-34 last year and Murray was out the whole year. Porter only played 9 games last year. Old man Green started last year and brought nothing.

We'll see what offers he gets, but I would be floored is he took a significant pay cut to stay in Denver, we're not talking about a guy who's made millions in his career and can afford to take less to stay, he just won a ring, now it's time to get paid, I can see him staying if the money is close, but all it takes is one team to make him an offer he can't say no to, really good player who's improved during his time in the league, credit to him for working hard and getting better each year, I have to think there will be a lot of interest in him, plenty of contenders would like to have him coming off the bench, and of course Denver would love to keep him, we'll see how it plays out
If he ops out the most the Nuggets can offer him is 7.7 million. He should be getting offers well over double that. The Nuggets would be able to offer him a sizable raise after next year though if he does choose to stay.

kane

EOG master
the most the Nuggets can offer him is 7.7 million. He should be getting offers well over double that
If the gap in pay is expected to be that wide, there's no way he can stay, who in their right mind would sign for half of what another team is offering, Brown was great for them, there's no doubt, but he's replaceable

Who was the better coach in the finals? Don't post some silly emoji that the kiddies post. Unless you had your mind made up before the games started it was Malone.
The Nuggets had 6 of the top 8 players in the series, swap the coaches and it's a sweep.. Losing that double digit lead in the 4th was on Malone.

The Nuggets had 6 of the top 8 players in the series, swap the coaches and it's a sweep.. Losing that double digit lead in the 4th was on Malone.
It's a simple question, who was the better coach in the finals? Not the regular season, not earlier playoff rounds, not switching teams. Spo was slow reacting to Gordon being too big for Miami. I saw it immediately and said Miami needs Love. Spo had to think about it, go over tape, and then he figured it out for game 2. Spo was a step behind Malone all series x's and o's, motivation, everything. That Denver defense in the 4th quarter was amazing and Denver isn't a great defensive team. No players were walking up the court. Malone had that team firing on all cylinders.