2022 Hot Stove

Heim

EOG Master
I made a futures bet on SEA +500 to win the West. I think it has a decent shot especially if Correa doesn't resign with HOU.

kane

EOG master
Just comes down to who offers the most $$$. Now he can play in 3 years worth of meaningless games. Wash, rinse, repeat.
It's the same thing with Kris Bryant signing with Colorado, he sure as hell didn't go there expecting to compete for a championship

Heim

EOG Master
Unnoticed, Halos fortifying middle relief with Archie Bradley and White Sox Tepera.

They have the bats

kane

EOG master
hey have the bats
Speaking of having the bats, the Phillies signed Nick Castellanos, that lineup is fucking loaded, not sure about their pitching and defense, but that team will have no problem scoring

kane

EOG master
Unnoticed, Halos fortifying middle relief with Archie Bradley and White Sox Tepera.

They have the bats
They can be sneaky good this year, they could use a big year from Thor now that he seems healthy

Valuist

EOG Master
I don't like the Halos at all. This was a sub .500 team who was 25-14 in one run games, sub 100 WRC+ but 109 with runners in scoring position. Definitely on the fortunate side last year.

kane

EOG master
I don't like the Halos at all. This was a sub .500 team who was 25-14 in one run games, sub 100 WRC+ but 109 with runners in scoring position. Definitely on the fortunate side last year.
Trout missed almost the whole season

Valuist

EOG Master
But Trout always misses a lot of time. He's averaged 45 games missed the last 5 seasons. Look at their starting pitching. Thor has made 25 or more starts twice in last 5 years. They look like they need openers about half the time. Don't like this team at all.

With Oakland unloading key players, Seattle very fortunate last year, and Texas with no pitching and the Angels, Houston should fall into 100 wins.

Heim

EOG Master
The Halos were +460 (West) before the Correa signing.

I passed. They still have issues in right and shortstop.

And LF Upton is hit and miss at bat.

Valuist

EOG Master
Remember how just last year, Cubs ownership was crying poor? Apparently they aren't THAT poor. The family along w/hedge fund guy Ken Griffin, are looking to buy Chelsea from the Russian oligarch.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Remember how just last year, Cubs ownership was crying poor? Apparently they aren't THAT poor. The family along w/hedge fund guy Ken Griffin, are looking to buy Chelsea from the Russian oligarch.
There’s been a lot of talk about it as they haven’t been very active in signing players. The Sac Kings owner is another that wants Chelsea. The estimated selling price is north of $3 BILLION.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
agree on batting in coors. I wonder what his away stats were? His glove was better than the redsox SS

I'm assuming he'll move to SS. Bogarts has an opt out clause after this year. 100% he opts out seeing that he makes 20 million a year. He will definitely test the market.

Valuist

EOG Master
When you look at the Orioles, how do they avoid another 100 loss season? In the last full 3 seasons, excluding 2020, they've lost 110 last year, 108 in 2019 and 115 in 2018. Hard to see them avoiding another 100 loss year. I know its square to bet their RSW total under, but who cares if it cashes, and a great chance it will?

kane

EOG master
When you look at the Orioles, how do they avoid another 100 loss season? In the last full 3 seasons, excluding 2020, they've lost 110 last year, 108 in 2019 and 115 in 2018. Hard to see them avoiding another 100 loss year. I know its square to bet their RSW total under, but who cares if it cashes, and a great chance it will?
Playing in the AL East does them no favors either. I could be wrong on this, but I think the O's will be dogs in every divisional game they play this year

Ray Luca

EOG Master

What did this # open at? I see 61.5 now

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
yep agree, when they said on a video he plays short I said also he will not last

Mlb is the sport I watch the most of.

Also bet on these Grapefruit and Cactus League games. Have watched him play 4 games at SS, only 1 charged error,…

But he looks like a fish out of water there. Not much is routine when he is at SS.

Agree wholeheartedly with you.