Circa Survivor begins with an overlay of $1,920,000.00!

boston massacre

EOG Master
Only Saban vs Smart gives Alabama a chance. Georgia clearly the superior talent. Saban knows how to adjust. Passed vs Georgia, ran vs Cinn. If Saban wins this will be one of his greatest achievements as this team lost so much talent from a year ago. This is also the first time since Florida and Tebow that he goes in with the weaker team. Saban 140-13 last 11 years.

BAMA With The Better QB.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Seven teams available to all 5 (DET, HOU, JAX, LV, NYG, NYJ, WAS) plus the teams listed below:

Name Good teams + Others WK18 predictions
CHRIS PIPER CIN ATL,CAR,NO,PIT,SEA WAS,,NO
MYCOOL BAL,KC ATL,CAR,NO,SEA KC
On Top 247 BAL,CIN,KC,TEN ATL,SEA KC
RETURN OF SURVIVOR ARI,MIN,TB CHI,NO,PIT TB
SYRACUSE HAWKEYES BAL,CIN,TEN CAR,NO,SEA TEN

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Seven teams available to all 5 (DET, HOU, JAX, LV, NYG, NYJ, WAS) plus the teams listed below:

Name Good teams + Others WK18 predictions
CHRIS PIPER CIN ATL,CAR,NO,PIT,SEA WAS,,NO
MYCOOL BAL,KC ATL,CAR,NO,SEA KC
On Top 247 BAL,CIN,KC,TEN ATL,SEA KC
RETURN OF SURVIVOR ARI,MIN,TB CHI,NO,PIT TB
SYRACUSE HAWKEYES BAL,CIN,TEN CAR,NO,SEA TEN

Those who have KC left will probably take them. Playing on Saturday helps.

Syra Hawkeyes should - and will - take Tennessee now that a win gets the #1 seed

I know TB also carries a $1M bonus, too but I wouldn't even consider taking TB until I know who is - and is not - playing. TB with Brady is worth a play. TB with Kyle Trask - is not.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I'm assuming in addition to splitting the $6,000,000 prize fund, who ever gets to the finish line would also split the $1,000,000 bonus as well, or do they each get a $1,000,000 bonus? Seems as though it would be split, but curious nonetheless.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
From Circa Contest Rule #19d subsection iii;

If multiple entries provide correct selections for all 20 possible Contest Weeks and uses the Kansas City Chiefs or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 18, both the prize pool and Undefeated Bonus Prize of $1,000,000 will be split equally among those entries.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

If multiple entries provide correct selections for all 20 possible Contest Weeks and uses the Kansas City Chiefs or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 18, both the prize pool and Undefeated Bonus Prize of $1,000,000 will be split equally among those entries.
so the $1,000,000 bonus is only available to those who have saved KC or TB for the final week, interesting. That I did not know.

boston massacre

EOG Master

17 Game Season, Played Over 18 Weeks.

How Could The Contest Be Possibly, 20 Weeks ?

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I'm assuming in addition to splitting the $6,000,000 prize fund, who ever gets to the finish line would also split the $1,000,000 bonus as well, or do they each get a $1,000,000 bonus? Seems as though it would be split, but curious nonetheless.
The million is divided among those who make winning KC or TB selection.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
In order for KC to get the #1 seed:

The best scenario for KC is this: beat the Broncos and have the Texans upset the Titans, 11-5. The Chiefs would be the No. 1 seed. Tennessee holds the tiebreaker on the Chiefs based on the head-to-head meeting, so a Titans loss is required for the Chiefs to get a first-round bye.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Tampa Bay needs to defeat Carolina to lock up the #2 seed. GB already clinched the #1 seed.

I will be going to the Lions vs. GB game on Sunday. Why do you ask am I going to the most meaningless game ever, one that even has the Lions favored for the first time this season? That is because I still have $200 of Ford Field dollars to spend before they expire! Since I didn't get a refund of tickets during the covid year, the Lions gave all season ticket holders $550 to spend at Ford Field anyway you want, food, merch, drinks, etc. So the only reason I'm going is because of that. Once I've spent it, then I expect to leave early, lol.

boston massacre

EOG Master
In order for KC to get the #1 seed:

The best scenario for KC is this: beat the Broncos and have the Texans upset the Titans, 11-5. The Chiefs would be the No. 1 seed. Tennessee holds the tiebreaker on the Chiefs based on the head-to-head meeting, so a Titans loss is required for the Chiefs to get a first-round bye.

That's Correct.

Texans Have Already Beaten Titans This Year.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Tampa Bay needs to defeat Carolina to lock up the #2 seed. GB already clinched the #1 seed.

I will be going to the Lions vs. GB game on Sunday. Why do you ask am I going to the most meaningless game ever, one that even has the Lions favored for the first time this season? That is because I still have $200 of Ford Field dollars to spend before they expire! Since I didn't get a refund of tickets during the covid year, the Lions gave all season ticket holders $550 to spend at Ford Field anyway you want, food, merch, drinks, etc. So the only reason I'm going is because of that. Once I've spent it, then I expect to leave early, lol.

Lions

Haven't Won a Playoff Game Since 1962/63 Season.

Any Celebrations Being Put Together For Next Season, To Honor The 50 Year Anniversary of Their Last Playoff Win ? LOL !

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Lions

Haven't Won a Playoff Game Since 1962/63 Season.

Any Celebrations Being Put Together For Next Season, To Honor The 50 Year Anniversary of Their Last Playoff Win ? LOL !

Actually, our last playoff win was vs Dallas on Jan 5, 1992, (coincidently, 30 years ago tomorrow). The Lions have two first round draft picks and 2 second round picks coming up. If they can finally get it right, then maybe they will be trending up. It sickens me to see teams like Cinci, AZ, Cleveland turn things around when just a few years ago, they were in the same shape as the Lions....and still the Lions are are the laughing stock of the NFL.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Actually, our last playoff win was vs Dallas on Jan 5, 1992, (coincidently, 30 years ago tomorrow). The Lions have two first round draft picks and 2 second round picks coming up. If they can finally get it right, then maybe they will be trending up. It sickens me to see teams like Cinci, AZ, Cleveland turn things around when just a few years ago, they were in the same shape as the Lions....and still the Lions are are the laughing stock of the NFL.

Correct.

Post Should Have Been 1 Playoff Win In Last 50 Years.

Lions 38

Cowboys 6

Game attendance: 79,835

And a Huge Turn Out For That One.

blueline

EOG Master
Mitch Moss told a story yesterday....a proxy for one the remaining players texted Moss at 2:06 pm telling moss that the deadline for making the pick is 3pm...cant reach the guy...calls go to voice mail, no text response...no email response...etc

the player was on a flight...it landed at 2:35......he checks his phone sees all of the texts..voicemails etc gets his pick in.......says with the rulec change/deadline for christmas week he became mixed up

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Correct.

Post Should Have Been 1 Playoff Win In Last 50 Years.

Lions 38

Cowboys 6

Game attendance: 79,835

And a Huge Turn Out For That One.
Was played at the old Silverdome, which was one of the loudest venues in the NFL. I still have the tape of the game. Of course, the next week, which a chance to get to the superbowl, the Lions shit the bed and lost to the team formerly known as the Redskins who have owned the Lions.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Mitch Moss told a story yesterday....a proxy for one the remaining players texted Moss at 2:06 pm telling moss that the deadline for making the pick is 3pm...cant reach the guy...calls go to voice mail, no text response...no email response...etc

the player was on a flight...it landed at 2:35......he checks his phone sees all of the texts..voicemails etc gets his pick in.......says with the rulec change/deadline for christmas week he became mixed up

Unbelievable.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Let's say the Proxy could not get in touch with the guy and it is closing in on 3P. If you are the Proxy do you submit a pick for the guy figuring you might as well since if your pick loses it is the same as no pick? Me - I would have done that. Submit something knowing it is better than nothing.

blueline

EOG Master
Im sure the proxy would make a pick.
But with 2 weeks left you get the deadlines mixed up and the selection was almost entirely ouf the player's hands.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Im sure the proxy would make a pick.
But with 2 weeks left you get the deadlines mixed up and the selection was almost entirely ouf the player's hands.

Wonder what Sharky99 would do? If the proxy has other clients, how would that be fair to anyone else they represent that are still alive? At some point you have to draw the line and say the client is responsible for knowing the rules and deadlines, and if he doesn't submit selections, then it is on him. It is not the proxy's responsibility to do that. The proxy was doing his job feverishly trying to get in touch with his client.

blueline

EOG Master
Didnt think of the conflict.

I assume a proxy gets tips.......hard to let an entry die knowing you as a proxy are lined up for a nice tip if the guy survives to the end.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Didnt think of the conflict.

I assume a proxy gets tips.......hard to let an entry die knowing you as a proxy are lined up for a nice tip if the guy survives to the end.

It is a tough call....yes, they work on tips so they probably are rooting for all their clients. So that might be more prevalent than being conflicted. If the proxy (or player) doesn't broadcast it, then no one would really know.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Circa Million III has an EOG member currently holding two spots in the top 5. He's also crushing the EOG DSI pick 5 contest being handled by Mr Bowling 300.

1 HANNIBAL BARCA-1 80 57-23-0-0 57.0
2T DURBIFY-1 80 56-24-0-0 56.0
2T HANNIBAL BARCA-2 80 56-24-0-0 56.0
2T MFC INC-1 80 56-24-0-0 56.0
5T DURBIFY-2 80 55-25-0-0 55.0

Durbify's week 17 selections.

DURBIFY-1 10. CARDINALS +6 13. EAGLES -3½ 24. TEXANS +12½ 29. PACKERS -7 32. STEELERS +3½
DURBIFY-2 10. CARDINALS +6 13. EAGLES -3½ 24. TEXANS +12½ 29. PACKERS -7 32. STEELERS +3½

HANNIBAL BARCA-1 7. BILLS -14 10. CARDINALS +6 15. CHIEFS -5 23. 49ERS -12½ 29. PACKERS -7
HANNIBAL BARCA-2 7. BILLS -14 10. CARDINALS +6 15. CHIEFS -5 23. 49ERS -12½ 29. PACKERS -7

MFC INC-1 5. BUCS -12½ 9. COWBOYS -6 17. PATRIOTS -16½ 27. RAMS -3½ 29. PACKERS -7

BOL Durbify!

DURBIFY

Is He an EOG Contributor ?

Or Just an Entrant in Mr Bowling 300's Pool ?

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
1/4/22
Circa Sports Million III
Full Season Standings after Week 17
PLACE ENTRY PICKS RECORD POINTS
1 HANNIBAL BARCA-1 85 60-24-1-0 60.5
2 DURBIFY-1 85 60-25-0-0 60.0
3 HANNIBAL BARCA-2 85 59-25-1-0 59.5
4 DURBIFY-2 85 59-26-0-0 59.0

It's going to be a photo finish!

Good luck Durbify and hopefully you're able to add/protect profits via hedging!!!

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
i was told the one guy who picked KC this week for Survivor was on VISN and he said he was not going to hedge. Anyone hear this? If so he is one lucky Bastard. Scoop and score. He should throw a bone to the guy who returned the fumble.

justintalk

EOG Veteran
Hey bob maybe u can figure this out. What if you took 1 thousand dollars and bet the money line and rolled it over on all 20 picks. How much would it pay.