2021 MLB hot stove

Valuist

EOG Master
Sounds like the Mets signing of Scherzer is imminent. Gausman to Toronto last night. I think Syndergaard to Angels. I'm sure I've missed a few but I haven't heard many position players signing.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Boris is Seager's and Correa's agent. I bet he will ask for 12 years and $350-400 million to start.

Valuist

EOG Master
A friend told me Seager got 12/325 from Texas.

Funny how I posted this thread then a flurry of activity.

Sounds like the Rangers also signed Jon Gray. Curious to see how he'll pitch in a normal environment. He was one guy who had done a good job pitching at Coors.

kane

EOG master
Marlins acquire catcher Jacob Stallings from Pittsburgh for pitcher Zach Thompson and two minor leaguers

Gray would have been a nice addition for the Angels. He needed to get out of Colorado…
He pitched well in Colorado and has a good pitch repertoire for Coors Field. His numbers will improve slightly, but I don't see him being anything more than a #3 pitcher elsewhere.

The Rockies have such piss poor management. Their owner literally looks at baseball teams as normal businesses. He lost money due to the pandemic last year so that's his excuse why they are spending zilch this year and probably next. Not that it would matter much for their competitiveness, its just laughable this dumbass speaks on this. Its like telling a hotel manager if you want that fancy new reservation system, go out and make me more money this year and then I'll get it for you.

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
I hear you Bill & think Gray would have been a nice number 3 or 4 pitcher for the Angels. They desperately need pitching help & he has plus stuff. Yea the Rockies are a mess & I don’t see them getting any better soon…

Heim

EOG Master
Aaron Loup was a nice pick up for the Halos last week. He'll bounce
after a huge year, however, they needed a reliable lefty out of the pen.

Didn't see this one: Javy Baez to Detroit:

Funny, this was the guy the fourms were saying the Rockies would get to replace Story. Story still out there and Yanks supposedly not interested, he might be back on a 1 year deal at Coors Field to try to rebuild his value.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I saw this yesterday, still didn't think the Tigers could seal the deal.

Meanwhile the Cubs would like to announce the signing of a higher-end restaurant in their Wrigleyville corridor to expand on the fan experience. What would improve my experience is a top of the rotation starter.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I flinch when I see the name Javy Baez here at EOG.

My problem with Baez defensively: He makes the spectacular plays and boots the routine ones.

Though Baez does flash the quickest tag applications I've ever seen.

I saw this yesterday, still didn't think the Tigers could seal the deal.

Meanwhile the Cubs would like to announce the signing of a higher-end restaurant in their Wrigleyville corridor to expand on the fan experience. What would improve my experience is a top of the rotation starter.
What would improve the fan experience for most opposing team fans of Chicago teams and increase gameday revenues is serving 3.2% beer.

boston massacre

EOG Master
James Paxton to the Red Sox.

That's What Wealthy Red Sox Owner, John Henry Likes About Former Rays Executive and Current Red Sox Executive Chaim Blum.

Find Me Players That Will Accept Short Money on Short Term Deals.

Bogaerts Opts Out After 2022.

Devers is Free After 2023.

A Test, To See if They Go The Mookie Betts Route.

If So, Henry Should Get Run Out of Town.

As He Awaits Approval From N.H.L. Owners, on His Purchase of The Pittsburgh Penguins.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Stroman's a little guy.

Once officially listed 5-9.

He claims on Twitter he's 5-8.

I'll bet UNDER both numbers.

MrTop

EOG Master
Just before the shutdown, pitcher Max Scherzer signed a three-year contract with the New York Mets that will pay him an average of $40 million a year — the highest annual salary in the history of baseball. What a piker. According to Forbes, Kylie Jenner earned almost 15 times that amount in 2020. Kanye West more than tripled it. As for novelists, James Patterson took home $80 million; J.K. Rowling made $60 million. Overall, Forbes lists some 50 celebrities who took home more than Scherzer is going to earn.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Just before the shutdown, pitcher Max Scherzer signed a three-year contract with the New York Mets that will pay him an average of $40 million a year — the highest annual salary in the history of baseball. What a piker. According to Forbes, Kylie Jenner earned almost 15 times that amount in 2020. Kanye West more than tripled it. As for novelists, James Patterson took home $80 million; J.K. Rowling made $60 million. Overall, Forbes lists some 50 celebrities who took home more than Scherzer is going to earn.

All That's Pocket Change Compared to Bezos Take.

Can't wait until Vegas Dave tells us he makes more than Scherzer.

Heim

EOG Master
The Halos would be nuts not to sign Jansen.

Him in the 8th and Inglesias closing... they'd be on their way.

Kershaw would be a great PR move but you can't give him more than a one year deal.

kane

EOG master
The Halos would be nuts not to sign Jansen.

Him in the 8th and Inglesias closing... they'd be on their way.

Kershaw would be a great PR move but you can't give him more than a one year deal.
I've heard reports the Angels are interested in Luis Castillo, but the Reds asking price is very high, wouldn't be surprised if Sonny Gray is available though