It’s that time of the year - CFB coaching changes

UW can't convince anyone to be head coach other than the Fresno guy who has been an FBS HC for two season. Man my school can't hit rock bottom harder than this. They can shill this up and act like he's their guy, but come on we all know that's a load of crap. I lived through the 0-12 season with Willingham talking about what great men he was creating, I fear its going to happen again.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
Kelly to LSU, now the road is paved for Urban to get the fuck outta Jacksonville and go get his dream job

blueline

EOG Master
Lombardi says a lot of rumbling about Brian Kelly to USC...said Kelly has done all he can at notre dame....will always come up a few players short to win it all there but at USC can get whatever player he wants in and around academic issues

right church wrong pew or something like that

Is Kelly just bored at ND? LSU and the SEC ain't a bad job, but geez he's at Notre Dame now. I don't see that as some massive upgrade for him and I really wonder how he gets along with that very unique environment down there. Ed O was perfect for them until he wasn't.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Is Kelly just bored at ND? LSU and the SEC ain't a bad job, but geez he's at Notre Dame now. I don't see that as some massive upgrade for him and I really wonder how he gets along with that very unique environment down there. Ed O was perfect for them until he wasn't.
Really heard nothing about it on south bend tv, sounded like lsu sent the brinks truck. ND will probably go after the Iowa St coach.

railbird

EOG Master
he wants to be able to recruit thugs, which he couldnt do at notredame with their admission standards

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Listening to 960 from South Bend, the asst coaches didn’t know either. The Cinn-Houston game may have added meaning now as Fickel may jump if they don’t make the playoff.

blueline

EOG Master
at a news conference on NOV 22nd he said he wasnt going anywhere......what the lombardi show had said about kelly a couple of weeks ago:

he said his notre dame legacy is set having passed rockne....all thats left is the national title and at notre dame he will always come up a few players short.....he could get those players at USC

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
at a news conference on NOV 22nd he said he wasnt going anywhere......what the lombardi show had said about kelly a couple of weeks ago:

he said his notre dame legacy is set having passed rockne....all thats left is the national title and at notre dame he will always come up a few players short.....he could get those players at USC
The USC job is better than LSU.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Riley thinks so.....Wanny says USC job was fickell 's....fickell didnt want to leave midwest
Kelly would have had all of the recruiting inroads already and it would be far easier to dominate the west than to go to the SEC and do it. He was probably stunned that LSU offered that amount.

Kelly would have had all of the recruiting inroads already and it would be far easier to dominate the west than to go to the SEC and do it. He was probably stunned that LSU offered that amount.
The terms on the deal were stupid, in the end I guess he had no choice but to take that amount. Surprised LSU beat out ND though, ND has all the money in the world to give to football. And I still don't buy this argument that he can't recruit the same athletes at ND. The Irish always got top 5 classes until the last couple coaches showed up. Kelly still getting around 10th best class on average, but that feels like its on him and his coaches. He just doesn't feel like a great recruiter and LSU doesn't seem like a place he'd go and improve on his recruiting.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The terms on the deal were stupid, in the end I guess he had no choice but to take that amount. Surprised LSU beat out ND though, ND has all the money in the world to give to football. And I still don't buy this argument that he can't recruit the same athletes at ND. The Irish always got top 5 classes until the last couple coaches showed up. Kelly still getting around 10th best class on average, but that feels like its on him and his coaches. He just doesn't feel like a great recruiter and LSU doesn't seem like a place he'd go and improve on his recruiting.
He was the 60th ranked coach in salary this year. He was prime for being poached.

blueline

EOG Master
its been said ( wanny maybe) that kelly makes significantly more than what is put out there for public consumption but obviously not what he was offered from LSU.....kelly is 60 and wants that national championship.....can now go after anyone he wants now with no restrictions,,,saban getting closer to the exit ramp......makes sense

kane

EOG master
is miami going to make a move or stand pat? make an announcement already .waiting for what?
They need to hire an AD, he'll be the one who makes the call on whether Manny stays for not, I don't know how close they are to getting their AD, but they better do it soon, I don't know if he'll get the job, but I'm hearing Gino Torretta would have interest. Speaking as someone who wants Kiffin, it's at least good to see all these jobs being filled and he's still at Ole Miss, don't know if he would even take the job, but that's the guy I want

They need to hire an AD, he'll be the one who makes the call on whether Manny stays for not, I don't know how close they are to getting their AD, but they better do it soon, I don't know if he'll get the job, but I'm hearing Gino Torretta would have interest. Speaking as someone who wants Kiffin, it's at least good to see all these jobs being filled and he's still at Ole Miss, don't know if he would even take the job, but that's the guy I want
The U feels like a great spot for them to get a hotshot coach that restores some gravity to the program. They should be killing it in recruiting, getting tons of NIL money in as it seemed there would be when it first started. Yeah they aren't SEC so can't quite recruit at the level they once did, but its just shocking that they are scraping by to get to bowl eligibility. It seems just like USC, a program that should be top of the conference every year with their resources, location and history.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Marcus Freeman, former Ohio State linebacker and current defensive coordinator at Notre Dame, is the favorite to secure the head coaching job in South Bend.

Heim

EOG Master
When you have Mayfield, Murray and Hurt....you look like a genius. Let's see how'
he does with a program that needs to re-build.

SC's secondary coach (Williams) who is recognized as a top three recruiter, is probably going
to leave. He was there LA connection.

Harrell their OC was supposed to be the next big thing. The offense sputtered often.

His only solace it that the Pac-12 will be down for years. So Riley doesn't have to do
much.

Urban Meyer put the Big 10 back on the map. I read Riley will do the same for Pac-12.

We'll see.

Last edited:

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated

Lane Kiffin to Miami? CFB insider explains why Ole Miss coach 'would have a hard time saying no' to Hurricanes​

kane

EOG master
The U hasn't hit on the right coach in a long time, I fully expect them to fuck it up again

kane

EOG master
Multiple outlets are reporting Cristobal to Miami is a done deal, apparently there's a verbal commitment, but no papers have been signed, not my first choice, but an upgrade over Manny, and one thing Cristobal has going for him is knowing the area as well or better than anyone

sunnyisle

EOG Dedicated
Multiple outlets are reporting Cristobal to Miami is a done deal, apparently there's a verbal commitment, but no papers have been signed, not my first choice, but an upgrade over Manny, and one thing Cristobal has going for him is knowing the area as well or better than anyone
another dud....very disappointing.........