Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
Not exactly sure what a valet does, but Trump's valet also tested positive, since no one working in the WH wears a mask, this type of news is hardly surprising

I googled it because of this post, and I'm very glad I did. It's a big part of the Presidential tradition in this country.
Here are some very interesting links.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lee_(valet)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Jennings_(slave)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Henry_Johnson_(valet)

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
So is this Trump's plan now?

TRUMP: "I feel about vaccines like I feel about tests. This is going to go away without a vaccine, it's gonna go away, and we're not going to see it again, hopefully."

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
1,671 total deaths
220 NY
152 NJ
150 MA
130 IL
125 PA

Friday May 1 data

1897 total deahts
289 NY
310 NJ
165 MA
115 IL
110 PA

all other states deaths
April 17 784
April 24 892
May 1- 906
May 8-899

New York and New Jersey finally showing real light at the end of the tunnel. Everywhere else treading water, slightly down or going up over the past month

mr merlin

EOG Master
Friday May 1 data

1897 total deahts
289 NY
310 NJ
165 MA
115 IL
110 PA

all other states deaths
April 17 784
April 24 892
May 1- 906
May 8-899

New York and New Jersey finally showing real light at the end of the tunnel. Everywhere else treading water, slightly down or going up over the past month
it's so hard to tell what with suspect data, increasing testing, etc. it's definitely not getting worse in the hard hit areas.

NY got hit first and peaked about a month ago, NJ/mass, etc lagged them a couple weeks and now seem to be declining. Some of the smaller states are going up in deaths but it could be deceptive, where I am in Mn we've had a big increase in deaths(25ish a day) but all but one or two are in nursing homes.

What's certain is that the media keeps pushing the narrative that danger is everywhere, with almost no mention of the actual facts - peaks in most areas, massive testing increases without positives moving up in unison.

We were running 25-30K a day positives when we were running 100-130K tests/day, the positives have stayed steady while testing is well over 300k/day.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
So is this Trump's plan now?

TRUMP: "I feel about vaccines like I feel about tests. This is going to go away without a vaccine, it's gonna go away, and we're not going to see it again, hopefully."

There is no plan. There was no plan. There will never be a plan.

Severe, linear, full spectrum narcissism is extremely exhaustive, self consuming and leaves no reasonable resource to plan. Plans can cause failures, narcissism has no room for abject failure. Plans hold those that conceive them accountable for failures and should be avoided at all cost.

mr merlin

EOG Master
There is no plan. There was no plan. There will never be a plan.

Severe, linear, full spectrum narcissism is extremely exhaustive, self consuming and leaves no reasonable resource to plan. Plans can cause failures, narcissism has no room for abject failure. Plans hold those that conceive them accountable for failures and should be avoided at all cost.
The only one with a plan was sweden, their plan was to do as little as possible, so far they are the runaway winner.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
S Korea had extensive tests in place from the start and

S Korea and our country had the first Covid case on the same day

Trump tried to ignore the virus and wish it away
S Korea-Less than 300 deaths

USA-79,0000
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/whats-south-koreas-secret/611215/

Here in Thailand there have been 3000 cases with ONLY 55 deaths....the USA has five times the population of Thailand...Thailand shares a border with China...if Trump closed the borders like he said he did, why does the USA have so many more cases and deaths than Thailand, South Korea, and Sweden....

mr merlin

EOG Master
Here in Thailand there have been 3000 cases with ONLY 55 deaths....the USA has five times the population of Thailand...Thailand shares a border with China...if Trump closed the borders like he said he did, why does the USA have so many more cases and deaths than Thailand, South Korea, and Sweden....
Thailand does not share a border with China, Laos and Burma are to the north.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Let me take a stab, a wild guess.....

Because our POTUS sucks.
Because he's rude.
Because he's a narcissist.
Because he's got an ego.
Because he talks too much.
Because you didn't vote for him,
Because he's a spy.
Because he works for Putin.
Because he's in bed with Russia.
Because he didn't listen to the experts.
Because he listened to the experts.
Because he listened to intel reports.
Because he didn't listen to intel reports.
Because he closed the borders.
Because he didn't close the borders.
Because illegal immigrants didn't get a stimulus check.
Because he put POTUS on stimulus checks.
Because he asked a question about cleaners.
Because he doesn't ask questions.
Because he's got funny hair.
Because he loves his kids.
Because he went bankrupt.
Because he wants to build a wall.
Because he hasn't protected the border.
Because Fox news sucks.
Because CNN is great.
Because he didn't really win the election.
Because he almost got impeached.
Because Winky is much smarter.
Because Winky is a better business man,
Because Winky kicks the shit out of women, he sleeps with them.
Because he was once on TV.
Because he mentions ratings.
Because he talks too much on pressers.
Because he's hiding.
Because he's trying to win an election.
Because he lied 18,000 times.
Because he's a family man,
Because he won't share his taxes.
Because our Dad could kick his ass.
Because he's not a hard worker.
Because Biden is smarter.
Because Hillary is more honest.
Because BigRunner didn't vote for him.
Because Rachel says he sucks.
Because Lemon says he sucks.
Because CNN says he sucks.
Because lefties think for themselves.
Because the righties are dumb.
Because the righties are in a cult.
Because he said good people on both sides.
Because he "cheated" last election.
Because he loves North Korea,
Because he hates North Koriea.
Because he loves China.
Because he hates China.
Because Flynn is guilty.
Because Flynn is innocent.
Because Dems post more than Pubs.
Because of the FB memes.
Because he's called mean names.
Because he hasn't cured the virus.
Because he can't stop hurricanes.
Because his name is Donald.
Because he's orange.
Because he's fat.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Both cases and deaths are down about 15% from 7 days ago. When is that huge surge to 200,000 cases a day gonna kick in? I hope they weren't lying?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago?

The response to this illustrates the difference of the two parties.

The left says if not better off they would blame the POTUS.....

If the right said they weren't better off they'd blame the man in the mirror.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I've never bought into the "are you better off than you were 4 years ago" as a test to tell you who to vote for.

Or a test to determine if the sitting POTUS is doing his job.

If you aren't better off you probably haven't completed and/or extended your education level.

Or not worked hard enough in your career....

Or not made strong decisions about health, your money, how to spend your free time and other variables that each and every one of us have control over.

The more influence POTUS has in anyone's life the more fucked you're bound to be.

If I got enough sleep the night before, I stay up long enough to see who won, click the remote off and go to sleep.

I might have a preference some elections but in no way do I fear my quality of life and/or my control of that life compromised regardless who's in office.

I think overall we put way too much weight into elected officials and not enough personal accountability on to ourselves and the decisions we make.

cheapseats

EOG Master
The more influence Potus has in anyone's life the more fuck ed your bound to be.

Exactly. ...that is the demorats hypocrisy. Just read the shit eog's libbies spew.