Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

kane

EOG master
Maybe, could've, should've, would've. you guys need to stop obsessing over nonsense .

Weak reply, and the nonsense you refer to has shut down the entire world. You post things in absolutes when you don't know what you're talking about. If it was up to you those immigrants would have been kicked out of the country, you think you're getting 500 Americans to do that job? No fucking way, thank God for those immigrants, they play a very important role in our society. And again, we don't know if you're immune after getting the virus once, we also don't know what long term health issues the survivors will face, these are all facts. It's easy for you to sit on your couch and think you have all the answers, you don't, you're guessing like the rest of us are, your problem is there are certain groups of people that you don't care about, if old people die, so what, if Immigrants die, so what, as log as it doesn't touch you or yours, you don't give a shit. You want the country reopened today, and if that happened and we see a huge spike in cases and deaths, meh, so what, as long as you can wear your cow hat and walk into Chick Fil A and order your food, it's all good

kane

EOG master
kick those people out of the country and the food supply chain collapses

The right is too ignorant to understand just how important immigrants are to our country, you think you're getting Americans to pick oranges for the wages the immigrants get, LMAO, they clean our toilets, mow our grass, pick our fruit, they do the worst jobs for little pay, zero chance to get Americans to do the jobs these immigrants do for the wages they make. Take away immigrants and replace them with Americans, and you're paying $15 for a gallon of OJ

mr merlin

EOG Master
Weak reply, and the nonsense you refer to has shut down the entire world. You post things in absolutes when you don't know what you're talking about. If it was up to you those immigrants would have been kicked out of the country, you think you're getting 500 Americans to do that job? No fucking way, thank God for those immigrants, they play a very important role in our society. And again, we don't know if you're immune after getting the virus once, we also don't know what long term health issues the survivors will face, these are all facts. It's easy for you to sit on your couch and think you have all the answers, you don't, you're guessing like the rest of us are, your problem is there are certain groups of people that you don't care about, if old people die, so what, if Immigrants die, so what, as log as it doesn't touch you or yours, you don't give a shit. You want the country reopened today, and if that happened and we see a huge spike in cases and deaths, meh, so what, as long as you can wear your cow hat and walk into Chick Fil A and order your food, it's all good
I dont have any problem with legal immigrants, there is a difference.

22 million people have now lost their jobs , add in their families and we're talking 50-60 million? i dont see much concern for them.

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="mr merlin, post: 7586119, member: 903"]I dont have any problem with legal immigrants, there is a difference.

22 million people have now lost their jobs , add in their families and we're talking 50-60 million? i dont see much concern for them.[/QUOTE]

The ones picking the fruit you eat, the ones doing the dirty jobs for little pay are mostly illegal immigrants, and if they all magically disappeared at once, this country would be fucked. They play a vital role in our society, either you realize that and pretend you don't or you don't realize it and are ignorant about it, either way we need immigrants, whether they're here legally or not

kane

EOG master
I dont have any problem with legal immigrants, there is a difference.

22 million people have now lost their jobs , add in their families and we're talking 50-60 million? i dont see much concern for them.

I'm one of the 22 million you reference, I haven't been paid since sports ended and won't get paid until sports start up again. Fortunately I'm financially stable enough to withstand not making money for a while. I have a lot of concern for those out of work, I feel really bad for those who live paycheck to paycheck and are struggling right now, I see stories of families struggling and my heart breaks for them

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'm one of the 22 million you reference, I haven't been paid since sports ended and won't get paid until sports start up again. Fortunately I'm financially stable enough to withstand not making money for a while. I have a lot of concern for those out of work, I feel really bad for those who live paycheck to paycheck and are struggling right now, I see stories of families struggling and my heart breaks for them
i saw that stat that something like 781 jobs have been lost for every life lost so far. is that reasonable to you?

And by the way, do you think NY should shut down their subway system, it's about lives isn't it?

cheapseats

EOG Master
i saw that stat that something like 781 jobs have been lost for every life lost so far. is that reasonable to you?

And by the way, do you think NY should shut down their subway system, it's about lives isn't it?
There are reports the subway was the primary cause of the spread of 19.

kane

EOG master

What would you think if one of the lives lost was one of your family or friends? And I would make mask wearing mandatory to ride the subway

mr merlin

EOG Master
What would you think if one of the lives lost was one of your family or friends? And I would make mask wearing mandatory to ride the subway
i have a relative in CO who has it and has been on a ventilator for about 10 days, he's 78 and might not make it.

Emotions have no role to play in pretty much any decision life requires.

kane

EOG master
I hope your relative pulls through, and I'm not saying I have all the answers, but my problem is the ones making these tough decisions are people I don't trust to get it right

mr merlin

EOG Master
I hope your relative pulls through, and I'm not saying I have all the answers, but my problem is the ones making these tough decisions are people I don't trust to get it right
These are not tough decisions, they are easy decisions, all you see and hear is hand wringing from weak willed politicians, when the pandemic wanes, it's time to reopen things, it's that simple. And there are many areas where it never got bad, where nothing was ever needed , they should reopen very, very soon. For instance ND has 1500 hospital beds - the maximum number they're predicted to need for covid is 24.

It's not hard at all, they snapped a finger to close it and it can be "almost" that simple to reverse it.

mr merlin

EOG Master

cheapseats

EOG Master
Small business bailout, relief checks, etc are all f'ed up b/c the likes of pelosi and Schumer are blabbering idiots. And, we want these blabbering idiots telling us about life. Liberalism is a bigger threat to us tan c19, make no doubt about it.

kane

EOG master
Small business bailout, relief checks, etc are all f'ed up b/c the likes of pelosi and Schumer are blabbering idiots. And, we want these blabbering idiots telling us about life. Liberalism is a bigger threat to us tan c19, make no doubt about it.

There's only one blabbering idiot, and you worship the ground he walks on

Valuist

EOG Master
Gilead, the maker of Remdesivir. the drug currently in trials that would likely be the first (specifically for Covid-19) approved (if it happens) is rocking and rolling in after hours. Up 8%. Curious if there's news on the drug.

Would those be the same immigrants you want kicked out of the country? Thank God for those immigrants. And statistically, not all 500 of them will be cured, many of them will die from it. And the ones who survive it can't go back to work without a care in the world, it has yet to be 100% proven that once you get it you're immune to it. Also, we don't know what long term effects the survivors will deal with down the road, it's possible that even those who beat the virus might have a weakened immune system, maybe it affects their lungs or some other internal organs, we don't know what type of health the survivors will have going forward 5, 10 years from now
SD - 1 death in 3 days, 7 for the year.

Valuist

EOG Master
Gilead, the maker of Remdesivir. the drug currently in trials that would likely be the first (specifically for Covid-19) approved (if it happens) is rocking and rolling in after hours. Up 8%. Curious if there's news on the drug.

Bump. This is huge news, if anyone has noticed. The now 10% upward move is regarding anecdotal evidence of Remdesivir's use on Covid-19 patients at Univ of Chicago hospital.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Bump. This is huge news, if anyone has noticed.
It could cure every patient and the economy wouldn't restart, it's now all about power and control.

From what little I've heard of trumps "guidelines" , it's a joke, fake goals that will be hard to meet, followed by massive govt control over basic human functions.

If it's as bad as i expect, Trump needs to go as well. Does he EVER, EVER, back up his bluster with actions? Not that I can recall.

Valuist

EOG Master
It could cure every patient and the economy wouldn't restart, it's now all about power and control.

From what little I've heard of trumps "guidelines" , it's a joke, fake goals that will be hard to meet, followed by massive govt control over basic human functions.

If it's as bad as i expect, Trump needs to go as well. Does he EVER, EVER, back up his bluster with actions? Not that I can recall.

I don't disagree. But getting closer to a treatment drug could be a big factor in building confidence for the public, in terms of going out. I personally don't believe a vaccine is the panacea. Maybe it will be successful. It should be better than the flu vaccines since they should know what they are targeting. But the lack of success in flu vaccines leads me to believe treatment drugs take on more importance. If you get it, you don't want to feel it could be a death sentence. Most on here probably don't. But what if you are 75, maybe a bit of high blood pressure and a little overweight? There's plenty of those people still.

As a holder of Gilead June calls, I'm feeling good. Who needs sports betting?

bobodad

EOG Addicted
Hong Kong has been using this drug for at least a few weeks to treat cornovirus patient. Since their death toll is low, only 4 deaths in 1,000+ cases, this drug is certainly promising.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I don't disagree. But getting closer to a treatment drug could be a big factor in building confidence for the public, in terms of going out. I personally don't believe a vaccine is the panacea. Maybe it will be successful. It should be better than the flu vaccines since they should know what they are targeting. But the lack of success in flu vaccines leads me to believe treatment drugs take on more importance. If you get it, you don't want to feel it could be a death sentence. Most on here probably don't. But what if you are 75, maybe a bit of high blood pressure and a little overweight? There's plenty of those people still.

As a holder of Gilead June calls, I'm feeling good. Who needs sports betting?
I did read they have over a million doses on hand, so they would have plenty for every covid patient.

Valuist

EOG Master
I did read they have over a million doses on hand, so they would have plenty for every covid patient.

Although that assumes only one dose per patient.. I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV or EOG, but I'm guessing multiple doses are needed. This is a treatment drug; not a vaccine. I did hear that at U of Chicago, many of the testees were in real bad shape to begin with, so that's very encouraging.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Although that assumes only one dose per patient.. I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV or EOG, but I'm guessing multiple doses are needed. This is a treatment drug; not a vaccine. I did hear that at U of Chicago, many of the testees were in real bad shape to begin with, so that's very encouraging.
I think it's a several day regimin( 5-6-7 doses) but you'd only give it to hospitalized people, there's only maybe 35-40K of those right now, and it'll be dropping.