Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

bmiller

EOG Addicted
100 people will die of the flu today in the US. A total of 70 people have died of coronavirus in the US. I was at a St. Patrick's party Saturday night and not worried at all.
Expert scientists are predicting 40 to 60% of the population could eventually get the coronavirus .. Scientists have already confirmed the coronavirus is 10 times more lethal than the flu .. unprecedented measures are being taken because this is an unprecedented pandemic .. this is not the common cold people at this point it is even ridiculous to compare them

Expert scientists are predicting 40 to 60% of the population could eventually get the coronavirus .. Scientists have already confirmed the coronavirus is 10 times more lethal than the flu .. unprecedented measures are being taken because this is an unprecedented pandemic .. this is not the common cold people at this point it is even ridiculous to compare them
But they said the same about Swine flu.

Hundreds of thousands of Americans could die over the next two years if the vaccine and other control measures for the new H1N1 influenza ...
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2009-jul-25-sci-swine-flu25-story.html

boston massacre

EOG Master
100 people will die of the flu today in the US. A total of 70 people have died of coronavirus in the US. I was at a St. Patrick's party Saturday night and not worried at all.

100 people will die of the flu today in the US. A total of 70 people have died of coronavirus in the US

You won't get a Phony Democratic Liberal to post something like that.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
My level of concern was 9.5.....was a little short of the 10.0 that I should have been concerned with...everyone in the world is at risk....

blueline

EOG Master
CT governor

Danbury hospitals at capacity.

Two hundred nurses on furlough because they cant get a test for the virus.

Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
German doctors are close to getting a vaccine...Trump administration tried to buy these doctors onto the US team of experts....
I thought I heard today the US applied the vaccine to a 100 people from age 20-55.

going to retest them in 25 days. and then monitor them for up to a year.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Out jogging this
I thought I heard today the US applied the vaccine to a 100 people from age 20-55.

going to retest them in 25 days. and then monitor them for up to a year.
They did. Add, I jog by a local hospital most days of the week. It is not the major facility in the area, more like a secondary medical facility. And what do I see in the parking lot, 3 temporary tents for drive ups with stacks of C19 test kits. Point being, lot more happening than you'll get online.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Hopefully those numbers stay like that, but remember, we're 2 weeks or more behind most or all of those other countries and way behind testing as well.
2 weeks ago italy had 54 deaths and 2600 cases - they now have 28000 cases and 2200 dead.

Right now we have about 4000 cases and 90 deaths. Do the math. 2 weeks from now we'll have 3-4000 dead.

blueline

EOG Master
Saw an interview with a Dr this morning..said he and his colleagues estimate 30-40K infected here right now....doesnt know where those million tests are that WH promised

I check then several times a day, good site. spain is really bad, keep in mind we're 5-6 times the size of those countries, our numbers will be representative of that . In 2 - 2 1/2 weeks we could easily have 2000 + people a day dying.

1851 in serious critical condition right now in Italy.
12 in the US.

Saw an interview with a Dr this morning..said he and his colleagues estimate 30-40K infected here right now....doesnt know where those million tests are that WH promised
The testing just says that you have it. Trump did a great job saving lives with the China travel ban.

The USA lags far behind other countries in testing for the virus. If fewer people are being tested it’s not going to show in the comparative numbers .

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Governer Cuomo of New York (D) just gave his daily update for the state and also had very high praise for Trump and the way he has handled the sitution as well as the help he has given the state of New York aid.

kane

EOG master
Hopefully those numbers stay like that, but remember, we're 2 weeks or more behind most or all of those other countries and way behind testing as well.

No chance those numbers stay like that, once we start testing as much as the other countries, our numbers will rise significantly

mr merlin

EOG Master
No chance those numbers stay like that, once we start testing as much as the other countries, our numbers will rise significantly
New york announced 400+ new cases just today, we'll be over 1000 new cases today for the first time.(we might have done it yesterday, it was close)

Ray Luca

EOG Master
New york announced 400+ new cases just today, we'll be over 1000 new cases today for the first time.(we might have done it yesterday, it was close)

The real time numbers in America are between 10k and 40k infected right now....you'll see that soon

I have a factual article that I want you (and others to read) then come back and admit you didn't know that and that ..

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/
Fake news. CNN guy.

Brooks Jackson
Director Emeritus, FactCheck.org

Brooks Jackson is a journalist who has covered Washington and national politics since 1970, reporting in turn for the Associated Press, the Wall Street Journal and CNN. He joined the Annenberg Public Policy Center in 2003 and launched FactCheck.org in December of that year.

At CNN, he pioneered the “adwatch” and “factcheck”

kane

EOG master
1851 in serious critical condition right now in Italy.
12 in the US.

Just think, if we don't do any more testing that number will stay the same and no one has anything to worry about. You do realize that we've tested fewer people than any other country right? You do realize that once we start testing at the same rates as the other countries the number of infected will rise right? Even someone like you should be able to figure this out

Just think, if we don't do any more testing that number will stay the same and no one has anything to worry about. You do realize that we've tested fewer people than any other country right? You do realize that once we start testing at the same rates as the other countries the number of infected will rise right? Even someone like you should be able to figure this out
93 deaths and 30 in the nursing home. I don't care about testing, it's how many died.

kane

EOG master
Raiders, take a good long look at post 447, hopefully things will start to make sense to you