SO YOU THINK YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER HUH?

FIND OUT HERE IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER...

Although this may be widely known by some, I thought I'd list a quite a few of the traits that Professional Gamblers have in common...

1-It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the size of the bet, but everything to do with getting the BEST POSSIBLE NUMBER...

2-Professionals NEVER take a bad number....

3-Professionals will frequently be ahead of the "closing line,' so that they often have a mathematical advantage over the bookmaker..

4-Professionals know how to manipulate lines...

5-Professionals do this for a living, so they WIN virtually every year, it's just a matter of what % return they end up with on amount wagered (they aim for 5%)...

6-Professionals know about injuries well before the information becomes Public knowledge (i.e before it hits the Don Best screen)....

7-Professionals keep accurate records, in fact, they are MASTERS at it....

8-Professionals use Discipline, proper Bankroll management, and they tend to bet contrarian whenever possible..

9-Professionals recognize value in a NY minute...

10-Professionals are always 1 or 2 steps ahead of other gamblers, so you'll be hard pressed to master all of their skills...

11-Professionals never have enough "outs" and they get ORGASMIC over REDUCED JUICE!!!

If you demonstrate 9 out of 11 of these, then you are nowhere close to being a Professional gambler. There is so much competition out there these days, largely due to the internet that it takes all 11 of these my opinion to be categorized as a Professional bettor...

So what did you honestly score on this scale of 1-11?

Thanks,.

THE SHRINK

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
You should reword number 2 by adding "at the time" towards the end. Linemoves happen all of the time for different reasons and pros get caught with bad numbers too when this happens.

THE SHRINK said:
FIND OUT HERE IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER...

Although this may be widely known by some, I thought I'd list a quite a few of the traits that Professional Gamblers have in common...

If you demonstrate 9 out of 11 of these, then you are nowhere close to being a Professional gambler. There is so much competition out there these days, largely due to the internet that it takes all 11 of these my opinion to be categorized as a Professional bettor...

So what did you honestly score on this scale of 1-11?

Thanks,.

THE SHRINK

1 - No... I admit to sometimes not having enough funds with the book that has the best price/number. I'm in the process of correcting that problem now.

2 - Yes... I might not always get the best number, but I never (knowingly) accept a bad number.

3, 4, 5 - No, No, No... No, I definitely don't do this for a living.

6 - No... Sometimes Yes -- depending upon whether MLB.com or sports talk radio info preceeds "the Don Best screen". However, I must confess to almost getting burned recently betting Boston/"over 10" not knowing Manny would be out of the lineup -- fortunately the game pushed. {My wager was already in before I found out about Manny.}

7, 8 - Yes, Yes!

9 - Yes... For MLB. However, I occasionally wager on other sports (like tennis, horse racing, & boxing) while relying somewhat on the "value" judgement of others. {Yeah, I realize that's gotta be really un-professional!}

10 - No.

11 - Yes... BoDog, WallStreet, YouWager(First Fidelity), 5Dimes, BetJamaica, BetonSports, Bet365... And soon Pinnacle, Millenium, & CaribSports! {And looking for more reliable "outs".}

Summary 5/11 -- far from professional! Nevertheless, I'm happy, profitable, and always looking to improve. That's why I enjoy EOG! :+thumbs-2 :cheers

Joeflex

EOG Member
"6-Professionals know about injuries well before the information becomes Public knowledge (i.e before it hits the Don Best screen)...."

How do you do this? Are there any pay-sites that give this info or is this just a matter of inside information?

Joeflex

panther

EOG Dedicated
joe

joe

following local college teams

tv

newspaper

attending pratices if possible

connections that do

ect

panther

panther

EOG Dedicated
ak

ak

if I was I would not be heading back out of town to bust my ass working 12 to 14 hrs a day

panther

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Panther:

I was playing poker next to you at the bash this year when there were two tables left. You had your hands full being the chip leader and dealing with Kermit on your right, but you seem like a real cool dude.

4. NO
6. NO
10. Vague question

Winning, well most years look fin in the books but the $$/"hour doing handicapping" ratio is a laugh.

This is just a hobby to me but a darn fine hobby!

Joeflex said:
"6-Professionals know about injuries well before the information becomes Public knowledge (i.e before it hits the Don Best screen)...."

How do you do this? Are there any pay-sites that give this info or is this just a matter of inside information?

Joeflex

One way that Professionals accomplish this feat before it becomes Public knowledge is to have certain "spies," "scouts," "students," "people," (doesn't matter what they are called) in as many cities as possible who OBSERVE, DIG, & transfer their information back to the Professional, usually for a FEE...

This is extremely valuable and more prevalent than you can imagine amongst College Campuses...

THE SHRINK

J

joeybagadonuts

Panther-
Tell me you are joking.... I doubt you could answer "yes" to even on of those things....
BTW, did you ever get your saxaphone out of hock or pay back Sea?

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
I would have to think that Madcapper and Bigbet would answer yes to all or most becasue those 2 guys bet on sports for a living.

Coach LT

EOG Enthusiast
What happened to my post around 5 oclock? I was told by another poster that his post was right above mine. Any one in the know? LT

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
It's in the baseball forum Coach. I don't know why Shrink started the same thread in 2 different rooms.

AK

joeybagadonuts said:
Panther-
Tell me you are joking.... I doubt you could answer "yes" to even on of those things....
BTW, did you ever get your saxaphone out of hock or pay back Sea?

That's funny, Unfortunate he had to file chapter 7.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
This is an awesome checklist.

I don't think I can ever get a perfect score, but we ought to make a pledge to try to get better at all these things.

Whether it means getting a line service, subscribing to papers etc.