Monday play

3-2, +1.25

Two straight losers, let's try and find a right side for Monday.

Just as a note of clarification, the games I post here are not just extra opinions, they are games that I will be using as service plays, and they will always be games I'm betting myself. The few top level plays I release (about 3 weekly on average) won't be here, but the games I am posting are plays I'm personally wagering on.

Okay, on to Monday's slate and the White Sox-Indians clash. Ozzie Guillen ripped his team publicly after Saturday's game. This guy seems to have the magic touch when it comes to pushing the buttons at the right time, as the troops have continuously responded positively to his intermittent outbursts.

The White Sox lineup isn't as imposing against lefties, but with Cliff Lee really scuffling lately, I think we'll get some offense here. Javier Vazquez is also in less than excellent form. But he's a streak pitcher, and I thought he threw the ball really well last time out. He made one big mistake and Eric Chavez took him deep for three runs, but aside from that he looked strong and may be ready to go on one of his tears.

Sometimes it's more about feel than anything else (at least that's the way it is for me) and my instincts tell me the White Sox are the right side here. I'll list them for record keeping purposes here at -1.10, although I've seen a little better than that at a couple of outs.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday!

jimmyk

EOG Member
Dave Cokin said:
3-2, +1.25

Two straight losers, let's try and find a right side for Monday.

Just as a note of clarification, the games I post here are not just extra opinions, they are games that I will be using as service plays, and they will always be games I'm betting myself. The few top level plays I release (about 3 weekly on average) won't be here, but the games I am posting are plays I'm personally wagering on.

Okay, on to Monday's slate and the White Sox-Indians clash. Ozzie Guillen ripped his team publicly after Saturday's game. This guy seems to have the magic touch when it comes to pushing the buttons at the right time, as the troops have continuously responded positively to his intermittent outbursts.

The White Sox lineup isn't as imposing against lefties, but with Cliff Lee really scuffling lately, I think we'll get some offense here. Javier Vazquez is also in less than excellent form. But he's a streak pitcher, and I thought he threw the ball really well last time out. He made one big mistake and Eric Chavez took him deep for three runs, but aside from that he looked strong and may be ready to go on one of his tears.

Sometimes it's more about feel than anything else (at least that's the way it is for me) and my instincts tell me the White Sox are the right side here. I'll list them for record keeping purposes here at -1.10, although I've seen a little better than that at a couple of outs.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday!

can still get 'em @ PINNY -104 , think the OVER 9.5, now -116, I got -109 a coupla hours ago, might be a good play here as well......BOL !!

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Goodluck Smokin Dave Cokin.

You going to be on TV every Saturday and Sunday this football season?

If so what channel?

Scooter

EOG Veteran
Dave Cokin - "Just as a note of clarification, the games I post here are not just extra opinions, they are games that I will be using as service plays, and they will always be games I'm betting myself. The few top level plays I release (about 3 weekly on average) won't be here, but the games I am posting are plays I'm personally wagering on."

Dave - Recently Joeflex politely sought documentation of your longterm record, and you responded that you have no idea what it is.

"The few top level plays I release (about 3 weekly on average) won't be here..."

Since nobody - including you - tracks your plays, can you please explain what makes certain of your picks "top level", other than the fact that (I must assume) they are priced higher?

There is an implication that a more expensive "top level" play has a higher win percentage than a non "top level" play.
Yet obviously nobody, including you, has any idea if this is true or not.

This leads one to believe that "top level" plays are simply a boiler room marketing ploy.

I'd be grateful if you could explain what, if anything, I've misinterpreted.

[Note to the EOG faithful - Yes, I know that many of you believe that Dave Cokin is a nice guy. I am seeking an answer with more depth than that, but thank you anyway].

taconite

EOG Addicted
Get A Life

Get A Life

No one including yours truly cares what you want. The question is moot as are you i.e. of no interest. We want to hear what Dave has to say right or wrong. If anyone here or in any forum is so fuc*ing stupid as to blindly follow someone else`s pix, I say a pox on their house. Coken is an interesting guy, hence the interest. Have a nice day!!!

Scooter said:
This leads one to believe that "top level" plays are simply a boiler room marketing ploy.

They are just a marketing ploy. It's just to get people a little more excited about the plays so they want to get them or pay more for them. All the "Game of the Month" and "Game of the Year" and higher level rated play type hype is all marketing.

But despite that, you have to just forget about that when Dave posts here. When he posts here, he's a solid handicapper trying to help us win and is even tracking a record on those picks. Just forget about the black hole marketing and sales crap - it's the evil part of the business.

Good Luck Dave!

Thanks for your daily contributions which are greatly appreciated, as you can see...:cheers

Happy Memorial Day...

P.S.

Scooter, along with JoeFlex and CmptrBob were all bragging to everyone on the same thread at another site about how dumb we are and how they were planning to keep on giving Cokin a hard time...

Just thought you should know the motivation here was planned and is not pure...

THE SHRNK

Paradise Pete

EOG Member
Scooter said:
Dave - Recently Joeflex politely sought documentation of your longterm record, and you responded that you have no idea what it is.

Scooter,
I thought there were some good questions asked, and I read the "does anybody know" thread with great interest.

I assumed that the motivation in asking was to judge whether or not you should follow his plays. To that end I thought they were perfectly reasonable questions. But I think you've gotten all the answers you're going to get. If they're not satisfactory then clearly the right thing would be to not follow the plays.

But now you're starting to beat a dead horse. If you're not satisfied, let it go. Forget about it and move on. Please don't continue to fill the threads with the same stuff over and over.

I'm not advocating that only "rah-rah" posts should be written. Of course good, pointed questions are valuable and necessary for a thriving board. Just don't turn it into a crusade. Ask the good questions and judge the answers. Then let it go.

mookie

EOG Member
How can anybody bitch about getting free plays from top handicappers. If you don't like the plays or the handicaper don't play them , but please don't ruin it for the rest of us.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Scooter, along with JoeFlex and CmptrBob were all bragging to everyone on the same thread at another site about how dumb we are and how they were planning to keep on giving Cokin a hard time...

I will not allow them to abuse or taunt him daily in the sports rooms.

EOS

BigDaddy

EOG Master
UWinSports said:
"The few top level plays I release (about 3 weekly on average) won't be here,"

:fishing:

you got that right UWIN!:cheers

i thought he wasnt going to tout his stuff on here? that comment will make posters want to know how much his "top level plays" cost.

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted
STAY OUT OF DAVE'S THREAD IF YOU ARE GONNA SAY THIS STUFF!!! DAMN!!! HE CAN TOUT ALL HE WANTS ITS HIS DAMN THREAD!! IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT HE IS POSTING JUST LEAVE THE GOD **** THREAD!!! NO 1 REQUIRES YOU TO COME IN HERE, ITS BY CHOICE, AND YOU BY COMING IN HERE OBVIOUSLY WANTS TO SEE WHAT THIS MAN POSTED AS HIS PLAY!!! DONT RUIN IT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FOLLOW HIM....

:+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid

BigDaddy

EOG Master
before anyone thinks im bashing Dave i'm not I have nothing against him its just we have posters here like Blacklab and Wizardofwins and others that post their plays daily grinding out some decent profits and they never mention well i keep all my "top level plays" for a higher price JMHO:cheers

BigDaddy

EOG Master
PyRo CaPPer said:
STAY OUT OF DAVE'S THREAD IF YOU ARE GONNA SAY THIS STUFF!!! DAMN!!! HE CAN TOUT ALL HE WANTS ITS HIS DAMN THREAD!! IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT HE IS POSTING JUST LEAVE THE GOD **** THREAD!!! NO 1 REQUIRES YOU TO COME IN HERE, ITS BY CHOICE, AND YOU BY COMING IN HERE OBVIOUSLY WANTS TO SEE WHAT THIS MAN POSTED AS HIS PLAY!!! DONT RUIN IT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FOLLOW HIM....

:+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid :+paraanoid
thats true but i can show you some posts where they defended Dave by look he's not touting his service here is he:+clueless looks that way to me buddy!:cheers and i will post in this thread if i want :cheers

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted
I didnt mean to call any one out or cause a big raucus. Just trying to show some support to others on the forum, not trying to bring any negativity. Sorry if any one took it out of context

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
PyRo CaPPer, I didn't see you doing anything harmful, aggravating or serving negatively.

What is going on for the holiday? Hanging out and gambling like the rest of us?

OH GAWD,

YOU WON and are now 4-2=66%...

Perhaps we'll see ComptrBob & Joeflex come by to ask you how much you placed on it, where, and PROOF of your record since childbirth...:confused

THE SHRINK

BigDaddy

EOG Master
Good job Dave!:cheers i have to believe he slipped in a Top Level Play today:+clueless as it was an easy winner which most top plays usually are. the lower level plays are always much more of a sweat bet:doh1

MCP

THE SHRINK said:
OH GAWD,

YOU WON and are now 4-2=66%...

Perhaps we'll see ComptrBob & Joeflex come by to ask you how much you placed on it, where, and PROOF of your record since childbirth...:confused

THE SHRINK

shrink didnt you say you overreacted ? you may have lifted post review but you wont drop it.. something tells me you dont think you overreacted and you were just performing lip service because everyone except your mod and son disagreed with you.. mean what you say and say what you mean.

MCP,

I welcomed both of them back and I apologized...

But, neither have returned since this debacle began...

However, I refuse to get down on my knees...

That indicates to me they had but one primary purpose...

THE SHRINK

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted
Im actually thinking about FADING all of my picks tomorrow. If I have been doing that for the last couple weeks, I would be up HUGE!!!

Scooter

EOG Veteran
THE SHRINK - "P.S.

Just thought you should know the motivation here was planned and is not pure...

THE SHRNK"

Shrink - This is false.

I am not in any thread with ComptrBob and Joeflex anywhere on the net except the one post at EOG.

Kindly either provide a link to the thread I am in with CB and J, or else be honest and admit that this is 100% false.

Scooter

EOG Veteran
mookie - "How can anybody bitch about getting free plays from top handicappers."

This post is representative of the attitudes of the majority here.

And once again, I ask mookie and everyone else -

Please substantiate that Cokin is a "top handicapper".

As I stated in the other post I am in here, the following are unacceptable responses:
a) I just know he is.
b) Almost everyone knows he is.
c) I hear him on the radio.
d) I see his picture in a lot of ads in free sports schedules.

If you don't know his record, you don't know that he is a "top handicapper".
Believing that he is, without verification, is wishful thinking.
(It's also a tribute to the way he and Jim Heist, his employer, market him).