Vets ... Thanks for your service to this country!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
I never served as bombing Libya at that pt in time didnt get my blood flowing so I am being honest

For those that did on this board with Memorial Day nearly upon us, I say thanks

It takes guts to serve in combat .. it takes no guts to sit behind a desk and commit kids into a war that has no game plan or exit strategy ... and sure takes no guts to not have served or gone AWOL and then turn around and lie about those that did serve this country and were awarded Medals

Thanks again and I salute you

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
doc mercer said:
I never served as bombing Libya at that pt in time didnt get my blood flowing so I am being honest

It takes guts to serve in combat .. it takes no guts to sit behind a desk and commit kids into a war that has no game plan or exit strategy ... and sure takes no guts to not have served or gone AWOL and then turn around and lie about those that did serve this country and were awarded Medals

Thanks again and I salute you

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers
I agree - how rare! Thank You Vets!

It takes guts to serve in combat ..

wow we agree on something..
the rest of your post blaming GW was moronic but atleast i found something to agree with you on.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
He is CIC ... if his ass is able to declare "Mission Accomplished" than handle the heat when Iraq becomes a disaster

i should have known how crazy you were with the jon stewart thing but its ok
doc, you have your views and stick to them...i do respect that.:cheers

MrMulligan

EOG Member
KTBKRUSHER said:

It takes guts to serve in combat ..

wow we agree on something..
the rest of your post blaming GW was moronic but atleast i found something to agree with you on.

KTB...as a vet of Desert Storm I think what Doc is trying to convey is right on the money for Memorial Weekend '06.

Everyone who pushed the decision to go to war against Iraq (a war that has cost us 2300+ American lives so far) had NEVER served their country....maybe that's why they were easily convinced of the need for military aggression (or perhaps they were just idiots paying back the defense & energy companies who got them elected.)

Everyone PLEASE give a toast to the GREATEST GENERATION...who truly, selflessly, saved us from tyranny.

Mully

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated
As far as I'm concerned, my Father served in the greatest generation ever to don a uniform. That is WW2. A salute to all servicemen and women, past and present, alive and deceased this Memorial Day.

MrMulligan

EOG Member
Reno....agree.
My grandfather was amongst the Greatest Generation...lied about his age to serve in WWII and was captured during the Battle of the Bulge...was 1 in 10 of his company to make it back....we owe them our future (and present too!!!!!)

Mully

The freedoms we enjoy today, and throughout our history come at the price of fallen Soldiers. The privleges we enjoy are due to their sacrafices.

We have fought off tyranny and communism and we will prevail against those that would keep us on our knees. Better that we take the fight to the enemy than ever to have our shores invaded. I'd rather see us start a war too soon than too late, Iraq is fine with me because the cause is nobel. Vietnam was fine with me because the task was noble. Radical Islam is every bit as dangerous than the eastern bloc communism of the cold war, maybe more so.

Happy Memorial Day.