UFC 60 picks

Im in a good mood I just finished watching Portugal trash Cape Verde 4-1 so im hoping UFC tonight keeps me in a good mood as well.

Chael Sonnen +235 over Jeremy Horn

I've never been a fan of Horn who last time out got lucky to win a close decision so ill take the chance on the Oregon all american wrestler in this fight and hope he can throw Horn around. Note this fight is not on the live edition of the PPV so you have to bet it early.

John Alessio +405 over Diego Sanchez

Sanchez isn't a monster since most of the guys he has been put up against have pretty much been found at the local bar so i've been hoping to catch a line one of these days where the upset is possible and i believe this is it. Should Sanchez win well yes but do I think he is a 4-1 shot to win no so ill take a chance.

Matt Hughes -293 over Royce Gracie

Truth be told this is going to be a boring fight. Hughes isn't going to want to go to the round against Gracie and Royce isn't going to want to stand up against Hughes that isn't a good mix. Another factor that im going on here is that most UFC fighters in there contract get X amount to show up to the fight and an extra X amount to win the fight. Gracie doesn't have that in his contract i've heard he is getting paid the full amount no matter what he does tonight. So Hughes in a decision looks good to me and I also see this line falling as people are going to buy into the myth about the "undefeated" Gracie who does have a tap out chance to win but I side with Hughes.

No need to thank me yet never know what can happen but I made out well in the last UFC worse comes to worse its pretty much a wash

dmmd98<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_246569", true); </SCRIPT> .........YEAH! BUT IM CLUELESS WITH THIS STUFF! THIS WILL ONLY BE MY SECOND TIME WATCHING/WAGERING!:cheers

Good luck, ill be around tonight as I have a couple of people watching it at my place so ill be in front of my laptop and watching it at the same time. If you have any question no matter how stupid you may think it is just ask ill try my best to answer them.

Lawrence said:

I'm putting down a little on Riggs and Royce.

I want to play against Diego Sanchez because he has been fighting subpar competition, but the UFC wants their young star to look great. I doubt they'd throw him in against someone he couldn't beat fairly easily.

Just got back from the pool. It opened today and the girls were looking tan & tight. WooHooo- UFC day, time to put the game face on!! Dmmd- I played Alessio small too( at +460). Thinking about a little on Sonnen. Don't know much about him, pretty much betting against over-the-hill Horn. As McCarthy says "Lets Get It On"!!!

Smoke said:
Just got back from the pool. It opened today and the girls were looking tan & tight. WooHooo- UFC day, time to put the game face on!! Dmmd- I played Alessio small too. Thinking about a little on Sonnen. Don't know much about him, pretty much betting against over-the-hill Horn. As McCarthy says "Lets Get It On"!!!

Good luck, have fun with your crew tonight.

Likewise, buddy. Quick question- who do like in the Riggs-Swick fight? Swick was the early favorite- odds have evened out a bit.

b.t.w. just watched weigh-ins, Alessio looked ripped! (but so did Sanchez)

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
This is going to be great!

Who will update each round/fight for those who will not be purchasing the package? :+thumbs-2

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
jakethompson said:
I'm putting down a little on Riggs and Royce.

I want to play against Diego Sanchez because he has been fighting subpar competition, but the UFC wants their young star to look great. I doubt they'd throw him in against someone he couldn't beat fairly easily.

Is that Royce Gracie ur talking about? if it is that guys was kicking peoples asses in the 90's cant believe hed still be around..

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
It's him Bettor Days....

Probably a big payday is what brought him back.

He's had a history of making people tap out with submission holds, but I don't think he'll get that chance tonight.....

<TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>28-Apr-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>8:30pm
27-May-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Future</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Ultimate Fighting Championship - Ultimate ...</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>+297</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right></TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR class="" id=pitcher1><TD class=accountText colSpan=4></TD><TD class=accountText align=left colSpan=4>Ultimate Fighting Championship 60
Matchups
Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie
Royce Gracie </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>17-May-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>8:00pm
27-May-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Future</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Ultimate Fighting Championship - Ultimate ...</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>+300</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right> </TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR class="" id=pitcher3><TD class=accountText colSpan=4></TD><TD class=accountText align=left colSpan=4>Ultimate Fighting Championship 60
Matchups
Brandon Vera vs Assuerio Silva
Assuerio Silva
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>18-May-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>7:10pm
27-May-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Future</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Ultimate Fighting Championship - Ultimate ...</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>+460</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right> </TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR class="" id=pitcher5><TD class=accountText colSpan=4></TD><TD class=accountText align=left colSpan=4>Ultimate Fighting Championship 60
Matchups
Diego Sanchez vs John Alessio
John Alessio </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>All I need is 1 win outta this group

Bettor days said:
Is that Royce Gracie ur talking about? if it is that guys was kicking peoples asses in the 90's cant believe hed still be around..

Oh he's still around and from what I've heard, he's in incredible shape. He the submission-master and has been fighting over in Japan among other things. He's winning over there... not dominating but winning a fair share of his fights.

He isn't over the hill just yet.

Gracie has been fighting once a year the last 3 years.

He is 1-0-2 over that time.

His win was a submission (duh) and his two draws were against guys with mixed martial arts records of 14-10-1 and 7-3-1.

Not the greatest support for Gracie but I still will throw a little on him. His last two fights were K1 fights.

Bettor days

EOG Dedicated
Smoke said:
<TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>28-Apr-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>8:30pm
27-May-06
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Future</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Ultimate Fighting Championship - Ultimate ...</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>+297</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right></TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR class="" id=pitcher1><TD class=accountText colSpan=4></TD><TD class=accountText align=left colSpan=4>Ultimate Fighting Championship 60
Matchups
Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie
Royce Gracie
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>17-May-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>8:00pm
27-May-06
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Future</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Ultimate Fighting Championship - Ultimate ...</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>+300</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right></TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR class="" id=pitcher3><TD class=accountText colSpan=4></TD><TD class=accountText align=left colSpan=4>Ultimate Fighting Championship 60
Matchups
Brandon Vera vs Assuerio Silva
Assuerio Silva

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=blue width=680 border=0><TBODY><TR class=tableText height=30><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>18-May-06</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>7:10pm
27-May-06
</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap>Future</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom align=left>Ultimate Fighting Championship - Ultimate ...</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right>+460</TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right></TD><TD class=accountText vAlign=bottom noWrap align=right></TD></TR><TR class="" id=pitcher5><TD class=accountText colSpan=4></TD><TD class=accountText align=left colSpan=4>Ultimate Fighting Championship 60
Matchups
Diego Sanchez vs John Alessio
John Alessio
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>All I need is 1 win outta this group

Good luck tonight... would love to see gracie win tonight... will be reading here for updates.:+thumbs-2

Romanowski said:
I think Gracie is too one dimensional? no??

Gracie has a little bit of standup game but his bread and butter is on the ground with submissions.

Hughes isn't a great striker either so I don't think it's a huge advantage for either guy.

If Hughes wins, it's likely because he got on top and punched Gracie out.

If Gracie wins, it's likely because he submitted Hughes.

This fight won't be decided standing up.

Romanowski said:
I think Gracie is too one dimensional? no??

Yes, you were right up until recently. Gracie has been working on his striking intensively and now claims to be able to knock people OUT. Pick ur poison. (although Hughes striking remains superior, no doubt)

Hughes forte is ground and pound, and hes gotta be the strongest guy I ever seen under 165 lbs

He is also well rounded, I realize its chalk

I just dont see him losing

Romanowski said:
Hughes forte is ground and pound, and hes gotta be the strongest guy I ever seen under 165 lbs

He is also well rounded, I realize its chalk

I just dont see him losing

guy walks around at 190.....and fights 175