Shrink, I believe EOG should give away a Seat to the WSOP

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
pioneer said:
me2....you had better decide on this tournament quickly....this is going to attract many more than just 10 players at $500 apiece.

Do I have to re-post that I want in for the $500 buy-in tourney to win a seat to the WSOP....I'm in!

shoebox

EOG Veteran
Pioneer, u will be shocked on how many are scared away buy just a $500 entry, i will be happy with 10, I am in and funded, just set a date, any day during the week at 9pm. I will leave that up to Ken, but if anyone has objections let us know NOW.

Does Saturday Night work?

And if so, shall we do it this Saturday or next Saturday and at what time?

If the DAY works better, I am not opposed to then either...

Thanks,
Ken

I did ask if it's OK to get someone else to play if I won but didn't get a reply. I would assume it's fine since it does take a couple of weeks for this tourney.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
THE SHRINK said:
One week from Thursday at 9 PM EST works here..:+thumbs-2

That works for me....this saturday is bad for me as I am going out of town for Memorial Day weekend. I still think you are going to have more than 10 people wanting to enter this tournament....this is a great deal!

GamblingBrain

EOG Addicted
If more than 10 enter, i guess you could just pay out a few more places with whats left in pot... Say if 17 enter

1st prize= WSOP seat
2nd prize= $2000
3rd prize = $1500

I think if you cap it at ten, then you would need to get paid in advance otherwise you could have no shows.. leaving it open you shall get more than 10, then pay out rest. unless some of participants favor small field

PO69

EOG Master
I can play next Thursday. Real SLIM, I seriously doubt when push comes to shove, that 15 people will have $500 to send for the tournament.

But lets shoot for next thursday and see how many people we get. But I would prefer if you we dont lower the entry fee

You should make whoever wins the $20 tourney you guys hold every Wed gets a seat at the $500 shot to play in the WSOP. if you are able to get 25 people you break even.

dmmd98,

We usually get around 20 on Wednesday Nights and 100 the past couple of Sundays...

Let's see how many we get tonight....

THE SHRINK

shoebox

EOG Veteran
I am STRONGLY againsts a smaller buy in. If we have too many people, like I said in a previous post, make it 2 seats if we get 30 players, but I doubt that will happen.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Now for some good news. EOG will be sponsoring ONE POKER player in the WORLD SERIES OF POKER this year. To qualify for that TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR ENTRY FEE, Eye on Poker is having a 500 dollar BUY IN TOURNAMENT this coming Thursday Night @ 9 PM EST. The WINNER will get a FREE 10K ENTRY into the MAIN EVENT courtesy of Yours Truly...

In other words, you are risking $500 for a chance to WIN over a MILLION DOLLARS!!!

THE SHRINK

From the EOG newsletter!

OVBALL

EOG Addicted
Can anyone play or just EOG posters?

How many seats will be open to buy at $500?

I want in too.....:cheers

dirty

EOG Master
EOG posters that want to put up the money are more than welcome to enter.....

Time and place are set so First 10 are accepted :cheers

PO69

EOG Master
So this thursday, we are live for the $500 tourney???

It might work better for me the next Thursday, but let me know as I need to move some cash around

shoebox

EOG Veteran
I posted somewhere already, this tourney isnt for people to come to EOG just to get the shot at the WSOP. Its for current members over 100 posts. Shrink is giving 5k to a guy who never posted before and will probably never post again

PO69

EOG Master
Well if he doesnt mention in the tournament lobby that you get a seat in the WSOP, then most would not sign up. We will just know about the seat deal.

TO be HONEST, I SERIOUSLY doubt that we can get 10 people to pony up $500 on the same night without a little more advance notice.

We can ask him about it during tomorrow night's tournament