Friday play

The Twins are -115 neighborhood vs. the Mariners, and I like the favorite.

From the team standpoint, the Mariners have really struggled vs. lefties. They're hitting just .233 against southpaws, and that's pretty bad. Fact is, they have five guys who have been all but automatic outs against lefties. Sexson, Beltre, Ibanez, Everett and Betancourt are a combined 39/229 (.170). Needless to say, the Mariners record n these games is pretty bad.

The Twins are also not good vs. lefties, but they're fine vs. righties, so offensively they definitely figure to be the better squad in this game.

Also, we have a a team playing at home off a loss in which they allowed double figure runs. This has been a good bounceback situation so far, with these teams standing 32-21 overall.

Then there's the King Felix factor. This guy has incredible stuff, but he's a mess right now and the Mariners can't seem to figure out why. One week there's a rumor that he's tipping his pitches, the next week it's supposedly his mechanics, or that he's simply trying to strike out everyone. Last game, he was getting by and then twisted his ankle and fell apart.

I'm not a pitching coach, so I don't know what the issue is. What I do know is that on the road this season, he's got an 8.68 ERA, a 2.41 WHIP and the opposition has a .393 batting avg. vs. Hernandez. Those are some staggering numbers.

I'm confident that Hernandez will get things going at some point, but right now he's fade material, especially since he's generally overpriced, as would seem to be the case here.

So I'll lay the very reasonable price with the Twins and hope that Gardenhire doesn't bring Jesse Crain into the game to blow the lead late. (Those of you who backed Boof Bonser at a big price in his debut last Sunday will get that reference.)

Logan Berkowitz

EOG Member
DAVE QUESTION...

DAVE QUESTION...

DAVE DO YOU ONLY POST 1 PLAY A DAY???? I SEE THE PAST 2 DAYS HAVE BEEN SINGLE PLAYS, JUST WONDERING?? THANKS FOR THE WINNERS

taconite

EOG Addicted
Great Move To Get You Here

Great Move To Get You Here

Always a pleasure to read your cogent analysis. Thanks for your time.

wettspou

EOG Member
Logan Berkowitz said:
DAVE DO YOU ONLY POST 1 PLAY A DAY???? I SEE THE PAST 2 DAYS HAVE BEEN SINGLE PLAYS, JUST WONDERING?? THANKS FOR THE WINNERS

the answer to this might be:
Dave Cokin said:
Thanks to The Shrink for the invite and for all the welcomes! I'll be posting a play each day (generally the night before after the evening's games are completed) starting with tomorrow's action. I'll also include some reasons why I like these sides or totals.

Hopefully, we'll have some fun and cash a few tickets!

Good to have one play each day. Would be nice to know how the play rates in strength compared to other selections for the day.

Boxer

EOG Senior Member
Josey just curious why you like the M's. I looked at everything possible and seen nothing that would point to the M's winning. This is gambling and yes the Twins can lose but hard to find anything to back Mariners here.

Another nice analysis as they struggled once again against a lefty...

3-0 is a perrty good way to begin here...

Thanks,
Ken

mofome

Banned
Josey Wales said:
Dave,
Like the Mariners in this one, but thanks for the indepth post.

i dont see why anyone would have been on seattle. Felix has been getting raped and seattle cant hit as was evident by them being shut out by rodrigo lopez.

the line here was so good i had to finish off my BOS RL contest month with minn -1.5 (+195)

geeze

EOG Member
Thank you, Dave!

Really appreciate the intelligent analyses and selections.

You are a good man, and we are lucky to have you posting here.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
i see your tag line NT

for those who think he is kidding

HE IS NOT

right now he is already capping:

world putt putt championships
world hopscotch championships

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated
Nice catch here, thanks. I capped the twins out on my own before seeing your play. That just solidified it some more