Saturday play

Flip side of the Friday play, as I will take the Mariners plus about a nickel.

Mentioned the Mariners having all kinds of trouble hitting lefties, and they played to form in that regard. Same story holds true for the Twins when they face southpaws. Lousy BA, OBP and only 8 HR's in nearly 600 AB. Pretty gnarly numbers.

Boof Bonser was actually the "prospect" in the deal a couple years back that also saw the Twins get Nathan and Liriano from the Giants for AJ Pierzynski. Wow, did Brian Sabean take it up the...oh wait, this is a family forum...um, Giants GM Brian Sabean probably wishes he never made that trade. Bonser is legit, and once he and Liriano gain experience, the Twins are going to have a tremendous rotation. Santana, Liriano, Bonser, Baker and maybe Perkins in 2007 is a rotation that will be potentially sensational.

But as much as I like Bonser, I would rather have Jamie Moyer here. The guy loves this building. He's 7-1 lifetime at the Twinkiedome and his peripherals are very solid. And he's in the usual solid, though unspectacular Moyer form. I'm fully expecting his typical 7 IP, a couple or three runs allowed line, and that's good enough for me.

So put me down for the Mariners as the Saturday play, and let's see if we can grab another winner.

taconite

EOG Addicted
Couple Of Other

Couple Of Other

good cappers were also on Twins, great call. Made a nice $$$ profit Thanks

Thanks for the play Dave. Nice 3-0 start you've had on here and I hope it keeps up for you. This kind of thing helps people remember the insight you really have and forget thoughts about the touting/marketing side of things.

SMOKIN DAVE COKIN!!!

:smoke

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
I thought he started Thursday with the Phillies and Minny yesterday? did I miss a pick somewhere?

Twins are hitting .260 as a team vs Lefties.

But a solid .302 as a team vs lefties at home.

.302 as a team is pretty strong so I like a small play on the over.

Nice start and outstanding writeups!

You are definitely in a different class from all the plays and writeups I see and read.

You definitely have IT.

Congrats and good luck!

:cheers

Ace

EOG Veteran
UWinSports said:
Twins are hitting .260 as a team vs Lefties.

But a solid .302 as a team vs lefties at home.

.302 as a team is pretty strong so I like a small play on the over.
where did you find the 302 avg at home vs lhp at?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
You lousy 3-0 mutt, what is your lifetime record dammit? Go get that shine box while you are at it. Thanks Dave, input always appreciated. I hope the old man comes through. 20 year age difference between starters. Tough to bet against anyone named Boof!

Social Lubrication.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers :rolleyes:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
what Dave failed to mention is the reason he likes Moyer so much is because Moyer is one of the few MLB players who is close to Dave age-wise :+wink-2+

the guy could suck but Dave would like him because Moyer "throws as hard" as Dave would and probably runs "as fast"

BOTH of these guys run the 40 in 4.2 - but in their case it is DAYS and not seconds

The Ace said:
where did you find the 302 avg at home vs lhp at?

covers

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD colSpan=5>Home/Away | In-Depth</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="16%"> </TD><TD class=datahl2 width="21%">W-L
</TD><TD class=datahl2 width="21%">O/U
</TD><TD class=datahl2 width="21%">Avg
</TD><TD class=datahl2 width="21%">ERA</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>SEA
MIN</TD><TD class=datacell>8-13
14-9</TD><TD class=datacell>12-9
17-6</TD><TD class=datacell>.267
.292</TD><TD class=datacell>5.06
4.78</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2> </TD><TD class=datahl2>Vs. R</TD><TD class=datahl2>Vs. L</TD><TD class=datahl2>Start</TD><TD class=datahl2>Pen</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>SEA
MIN</TD><TD class=datacell>.274
.288</TD><TD class=datacell>.241
.302</TD><TD class=datacell>5.92
5.67</TD><TD class=datacell>3.48
3.04</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
UWinSports said:
covers

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD colSpan=5>Home/Away | In-Depth</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="16%"></TD><TD class=datahl2 width="21%">W-L

MIN
</TD><TD class=datacell>8-13
14-9
</TD><TD class=datacell>12-9
17-6
</TD><TD class=datacell>.267
</TD><TD class=datacell>5.06
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2></TD><TD class=datahl2>Vs. R</TD><TD class=datahl2>Vs. L</TD><TD class=datahl2>Start</TD><TD class=datahl2>Pen</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>SEA
MIN
</TD><TD class=datacell>.274
</TD><TD class=datacell>.241
</TD><TD class=datacell>5.92
</TD><TD class=datacell>3.48
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks!

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

MCP

Mariners start the first inning with 3 straight hits , load the bases with no outs, and do not score.. Sexson-Everett-Beltre all K

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
MCP said:
Mariners start the first inning with 3 straight hits , load the bases with no outs, and do not score.. Sexson-Everett-Beltre all K

Even worse....

Johjima grounded into triple play second to first, Sexson scored, Everett out at third, Beltre out at second.

Ace

EOG Veteran
UWinSports said:
covers

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD colSpan=5>Home/Away | In-Depth</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2 width="16%"></TD><TD class=datahl2 width="21%">W-L

MIN
</TD><TD class=datacell>8-13
14-9
</TD><TD class=datacell>12-9
17-6
</TD><TD class=datacell>.267
</TD><TD class=datacell>5.06
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2></TD><TD class=datahl2>Vs. R</TD><TD class=datahl2>Vs. L</TD><TD class=datahl2>Start</TD><TD class=datahl2>Pen</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>SEA
MIN
</TD><TD class=datacell>.274
</TD><TD class=datacell>.241
</TD><TD class=datacell>5.92
</TD><TD class=datacell>3.48
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
thanks i'll have to look into that site