I hate poker...

I put 50 down and played in the 1000 guaranteed tourney on EOP and there were 25 entries. I had to BATTLE my way the entire tournament. Toughest tournament I've EVER played in. Shit hands, I got AA in the big blind not once but twice with no callers. Other time I get AA I lose to K3 when KK comes on the flop.

It pays 3 places 625, 375 and 225 or something like that.

After 2.5 hours of WORK on a 1 MBps unsecured wireless connection in Lawrence, KS on the floor in the bedroom of my sister in law's apartment....
I get 4th.

I'm too frustrated to curse.
:frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate :frustrate

The Devil

EOG Master
YOU HATE FINISHING ON THE BUBBLE.......BUT I GET MORE SATISFACTION KNOWING THAT I OUTLASTED MANY PLAYERS TO GET THERE.....

I WOULD RATHER PLAY LONG AND LOSE LATE, THEN GET ELIMINATED EARLY.....

It WAS fun, for awhile.

But everyone went to sleep and my wife (the lightest sleeper on Earth) was in the bed and anytime I typed she'd wake up and the light of the laptop was keeping her awake :+whipping :+whipping so I had to sit on the freakign floor in the damn corner. My in laws were asleep in the living room on the pullout and my kids were asleep in my sister in law's room. I'd have finished out in the shitter if there was a good enough connection there.

Had I not been at the final table and thought I had a chance to win first, or at least in the money I'd have just went all in and/or played super aggressive until I either dominated or went out.

It was only 50 bucks, but I'm in a position financially to piss on 50 bucks just because of a few minor obstacles (though it got worse and worse). I got the enjoyment out of "gambling"...or moreso the competition between people for MONEY.

That's what I LOVE about poker. It's you vs. the other people for the one material thing you all value most: MONEY

That makes it a "who's better" kinda thing. It's better than chess. It's better than any other type of competition. And it isn't just intellect, there are a lot of factors that go along with it. And in the end, it's you played your best and I played mine and my best is better than your best. I like that type of competition. Sure, there are times when SHIT HAPPENS, and there's the LUCK factor, but over the long haul, those things level out and there can be a measurement.

I play a lot of lousy poker when the game isn't serious (here on Sunday night for instance) but when I'm at the final table of a tournament with people playing good poker...I WANT TO WIN!

4th place SUCKED because we weren't playing for fourth place. NOBODY wanted fourth place!

I could have been hanging upside down outside in 40 degree weather with some kid shooting me in the chest with a red rider bb gun and if I'd have gotten 3rd I wouldn't have complained.

I just hate freaking losing. I'm STILL MAD!

The Devil

EOG Master
SHORTBUS,

WHEN YOU GET INTO A RACE WITH THE BEST CARDS AND COME OUT ON THE SHORT END.....NOTHING YOU CAN DO EXCEPT SAY...HEY THE GUY OUT LUCKED ME.....

BUT IF YOU GO IN WITH THE BEST....MORE TIMES THEN NOT YOU WILL WALK AWAY THE WINNER.......

I played the day after Thanksgiving on that site that advertises the free million tourney. There were like 6,000 people in the qualifier. Played 5.5 hours and finished two away from qualifying for the final. UGGHHHHH.

lemonhead said:
I played the day after Thanksgiving on that site that advertises the free million tourney. There were like 6,000 people in the qualifier. Played 5.5 hours and finished two away from qualifying for the final. UGGHHHHH.

OMG I'd vomit right then. THAT SUCKS!

---

The difference between me and phil is (other than that' he's a phenomenal player making a living off it) that he whines and cries and makes excuses, and I just get pissed off, curse, and occassionally injure myself by punching the wall or the table or something similar :cheers

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated
My favorite WSOP event I ever watched was the 2005 Champion of Champions event. Mike "The Mouth" Matisow and Phil Hellmuth on the final table together. Hoyt Corkins had his ear plugs on. LMFAO :D A true classic!

The Devil

EOG Master
NICE FREEROLL AT POKERSTARS TOMORROW AT 1PM......500 FPPS GIVING AWAY NINE SEATS....BUT ABOUT 8000 PLAYERS.....