Yanks get Gray, Dodgers fleece Texas

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: Yanks get Gray, Dodgers fleece Texas

I always hear about how Andrew Friedman has changed the Dodgers but isn't this still the same guy that gave Brett Anderson 15.8 million or whatever a year? Theo took the same flier for 3.5 million.

Who paid Scott Kazmir 11 million to do nothing? I believe that was Friedman as well.

You can say he's better than Colletti, maybe that is impossible not to be. The point is he spends and spends and spends and asks questions later. He's not like Theo at all, because if Theo was like Friedman, he'd have thrown the 90 million at Chapman and been done with it. Instead, Theo decided to sell on Soler before he was worth nothing and brought in Wade Davis for 1/9th the $$$

kane

EOG master

Gray has to be pretty happy. Not only going from a deep also ran to a strong contender, he's going from the team ranked dead last in team defense to the 15th best.

Gray must be happy to go to a real ballpark everyday and not have to deal with that shithole of a stadium in Oakland anymore

Valuist

EOG Master

Gray must be happy to go to a real ballpark everyday and not have to deal with that shithole of a stadium in Oakland anymore

That shithole helped he and other pitchers out with the spacious foul territory (when the A's were actually capable of making those plays).

It's also not bad to play in a place that rarely is warmer than mid 70s. Or much colder than 60.

kane

EOG master

The stadium where the A's play is a fucking shithole, yes it's a great pitcher's park, and the weather is great, but it's still a shithole

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I always hear about how Andrew Friedman has changed the Dodgers but isn't this still the same guy that gave Brett Anderson 15.8 million or whatever a year? Theo took the same flier for 3.5 million.

Who paid Scott Kazmir 11 million to do nothing? I believe that was Friedman as well.

You can say he's better than Colletti, maybe that is impossible not to be. The point is he spends and spends and spends and asks questions later. He's not like Theo at all, because if Theo was like Friedman, he'd have thrown the 90 million at Chapman and been done with it. Instead, Theo decided to sell on Soler before he was worth nothing and brought in Wade Davis for 1/9th the $$$

Theo had FA clunkers in Boston - namely Carl Crawford. Not sure if that was ordered from ownership or not. Big market teams are dumb with money, no reason to think the Cubs won't be later on also.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Theo had FA clunkers in Boston - namely Carl Crawford. Not sure if that was ordered from ownership or not. Big market teams are dumb with money, no reason to think the Cubs won't be later on also.

Lester was a slam dunk. Zobrist might be shit now, but even $56,000,000 is a small price to pay for a world series MVP. The Heyward deal is not going to be good, but won't be terrible if he can still produce 2-3.5 WAR per year.

My only point was that Theo knew he could throw a boat load of money at Chapman or get ahead of Soler's complete lack of value and steal someone like Wade Davis and he did the latter. I haven't seen the Dodgers do anything like that, they just throw money at everything because they have too much of it.

kane

EOG master

I think LAD only uses Darvish as a rental unless he pitches lights out in playoffs and they win it all. Friedman isn't the type to spend big on a pitcher who's best days are behind him and they have multiple stud pitchers in the minors including Walker Buehler who many think is the best pitching prospect in all of MLB. The demand for Darvish will be extra high for AL teams to sign him since many believe he's a package deal along with two way player Shohei Otani.

Good call Heisey

kane

EOG master

I'd put Darvish being in LA next year at 75% personally.

I was the guy who said this trade was going to happen in the first place, fwiw.

I think you are underestimating the mutual benefit of a Japanese player playing for the Dodgers, and for the Dodgers having a marketable Japanese talent. Darvish could be mediocre as hell the rest of the year and the Dodgers would still have pretty good reason to give him a big contract.

Good call Jav......err, never mind

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Good call Jav......err, never mind

what a sad life you lead...

only reason he isn't in LA is b/c they refused to go over the luxury tax

also what part of 75% says 100%?

are you brain dead? did your fall down the stairs cripple more than your back?

kane

EOG master

what a sad life you lead...

only reason he isn't in LA is b/c they refused to go over the luxury tax

also what part of 75% says 100%?

are you brain dead? did your fall down the stairs cripple more than your back?

You said betting against Darvish being a Dodger was dumb

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

You said betting against Darvish being a Dodger was dumb

It was pretty dumb. Darvish took until mid February to sign because he was waiting to see if the Dodgers would move payroll to squeeze him in under the luxury tax. Reports said as much.