off topic - yahoo instant messanger stack dump

The_Man

EOG Senior Member
Well I'm dealing with a bitter young lady and her friend that apparently find satisfaction over screwing up my yahoo messanger. Everytime I log in now they send IM's under different names continuously. I get about 50 or so boxes popping up on my screen over and over until it overloads and freezes up. Tried to to just block the names, but they start using different ones every time. Anyone here know how to go about putting a stop to this without the use of weapons and or physical harm? Thanks. :rolleyes:

dirty

EOG Master
ONly thing i know of is Change your email addy with it...and send it to the Peeps you want to have it....

when you sign up it asks if you want to add peeps in your addy book to your Yahoo messenger list....Just uncheck them....they can't find you if you put them on your Blocked list when you sign up again...

Aslong as you sign in with that user name those people will boot you with there boot programs. If you want to stop it you either gotta run an anti boot software or come up with another yahoo name.

dirty

EOG Master
dmmd98 said:
Aslong as you sign in with that user name those people will boot you with there boot programs. If you want to stop it you either gotta run an anti boot software or come up with another yahoo name.

Exactly...me and Dmmd were thinking the same things and saying them essentially...If you use a email Client Like outlook, Outlook express or Mozilla thunderbird, etc.... then sign up with a new Yahoo email address at yahoo..... then put the info in one of those as you can have like 5 email addy's for each client.... then Use your address book that you have there to alert the people you want with your new Username for yahoo or email addy...

The_Man

EOG Senior Member
Yes, tried logging in under invisible mode, but that doesn't do any good. Wonder if I check the option under preferences to only allow people on my list to contact me, if that will work. Then again, probably can't stay logged in log enough to even do that. Looks like I will just have to change my name. Damn broads. :rolleyes:

Thanks.