Latest on the problems surrounding IOWA'S football program..........!!

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
<TABLE class=tborder id=post7912745 style="BORDER-TOP: #cbcbcb 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_7912745 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cbcbcb 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px">[COLOR=#000000! important]From what I can gather, press conference is coming within the next two hours............

Again, my guess is going to be the official transfer indications of RB WEGHER and RB HAMPTON..............and coach Ferentz stating they are currently doing internal drug testing with results later in the week.

I've read that up to 11 players FAILED or REFUSED drug tests yesterday, if true, they will be suspended from bowl game and possibly kicked off the team................WOW!

So again, what we have right now is this........

1. DJK, Iowa's leading reciever for 4 straight years, 100% GONE
2. WENGER and HAMPTON, 100% and 75% confirmed on transferring
3. Better than 50% chance that 1-11 more players will be suspended for bowl game
[/COLOR]
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cbcbcb 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cbcbcb 0px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #cbcbcb 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cbcbcb 1px solid" vAlign=bottom><!-- Point Me Log -->

<!-- End Point Me Log --><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Re: Latest on the problems surrounding IOWA'S football program..........!!

I would have this game completly off the board at this time if I were a bookmaker............as many as 5 starters for Iowa could be affected by these drug tests.

I've personally hit the MIZZOU side hard, as I liked MIZZOU in this game before all this horrible news on the Iowa football team came about.............as the Hawks were/are already completely disenchaned with their 7-5 record and huge failure to produce on so many preseason expectations.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

I would have this game completly off the board at this time if I were a bookmaker............as many as 5 starters for Iowa could be affected by these drug tests.

I've personally hit the MIZZOU side hard, as I liked MIZZOU in this game before all this horrible news on the Iowa football team came about.............as the Hawks were/are already completely disenchaned with their 7-5 record and huge failure to produce on so many preseason expectations.

GAME IS NOW OFF THE BOARD AT MOST OUTLETS........................

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for the update Fish.... I put a nickel on Mizzou at pk'em after your last post.... thanks again.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Nicely done, Fishy.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Archie, good to hear............nicely done sir.

UPDATE..........Starting RB ROBINSON will be the first official suspension after the DJK drug bust.......he has just been ruled out for the Insight Bowl.

Press conference tommorrow morning to address this and the players that are transferring............there should also be indications forthcoming on additional suspensions.