ChuteBoxe got a question..

Teddy kgb

Banned
What's the best Martial arts for self defense only? I'm not at all looking to kick ass but would like to be able to defend myself against these young punks I'm seeing at work and such.Subdue them if necessary

I'm 41yrs old and would prefer to buy DVD's and practice in my garage don't really want to go to a dojo and train...Any ideas?

Teddy kgb

Banned
Re: ChuteBoxe got a question..

They had old UFC fight on the other day and Royce Gracie fought Kimo and was out weighed by 75lbs and still took him out without throwing a punch.

AJ how long will it take me to be as good as Royce?

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Yeah, it will take you far too long to master Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It's something good to start your kids out with though. By the time they're 30-35, they'll be like Royce.

Your best bet is to learn Muay Thai.

Which is primarily dirty boxing mixed with some kicks.

Buy one of these...

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Thanks CB...

No prob bud.

Another good thing is to get a heavy bag for free on craigslist...and lay it flat on the ground...

Then you have your boxing/kickboxing dummy (he's called CENTURY BOB XL), and you have the heavy bag to work those ground and pound muscles.

The X

EOG Dedicated

Yeah, it will take you far too long to master Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It's something good to start your kids out with though. By the time they're 30-35, they'll be like Royce.

Your best bet is to learn Muay Thai.

Which is primarily dirty boxing mixed with some kicks.

Buy one of these...

Teddy might mistake this for free love.Better stick to the punching bag.

Talked to a guy on craigslist, getting a bob from him for $120. Going to pick it up Wednesday

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Chute how long would it take me to make you submit?

Depends on what.

If it's a choke...I'll prob nap out first.
Kimura...You better pull at that motherfucker, and pop my shoulder out of the socket.
Armbar...I tap pretty quick if you lock it in right, but it'll be a bitch for ya to free my arm.