Stinger's Sting of The Day for Thursday

SSI

EOG Dedicated
EOG record: 5-0 (+5.00 units)

Play for thursday:

6. Cincinatti Reds (+1.35) Claussen/Hernandez listed. 1 unit.

Looking to stay perfect here at EOG today. Brandon Claussen goes for his fifth straight win today against the Nationals. He has only given up 12 runs in his last 33 innings of work. Hernandez was roughed up early in his last outing and is only 1-1 with a (7.89 era) this month. Reds hold the advantage in the season series at 4-1. Claussen is also 3-2 with a (2.72 era) on the road this season. This is purely a value play on a hot pitcher, with a hope that Livan's knee keeps bothering him in this one.. Play is on the Reds today.

This is your "Sting" of the Day.

i may have a night game, uncertain at the moment..

SSI

EOG Dedicated
winner on the reds (+1.35). there will be no game tonight..

If you want to be successful in sports gambling or investing as some may call it. a few things that i try and do.

1. Bankroll Protection (money management). This is absolutely number one, without a bankroll, your business is over. Your bankroll is your business (inventory). Never ever, Go On Tilt, walk away first, call it a day. The anthem will be played again tomorrow.. Chaser's never win and ive known plenty of them.

2. Picking Winners. Dont let anyone fool you, you must be able to select winners. If you cannot, this business is not for you.. Value plays are good but take a back seat to selecting winners.. Had you rather have a valuable loss or a win.. In saying this, do not become a chalk eater. Example being, my reds win today.. I had reds (+1.35) but what if the line had of been reds(+1.00). Would you have liked to have had a value play on the washington loser at better odds or a winner on the reds.. If you cant pick winners on a consisten basis (get out). Better ways to invest your money. Take up poker or something.

3. Getting the best price. This is important but takes a back seat -- to #1 and #2 above. But learn to shop and have access to a few outs..

catch everyone tomorrow..

STINGER, very nice start on EOG.

IF EVERY sports bettor, sharp, square, recreational, whale, whatever the hell one is, applies those 3 guidelines, they would be much more successful. I'm a small timer, and I had turned 350 into 3.1K in 2 months. I thought I had the blueprint for success, then I broke all the rules that you stated. After starting with a $10/unit, it had raised up to $40/unit. I would have days where I had 1/3 of my BR in action. I started playing sucker parlay bets for the big payday, chased after cold streaks, and turned the 3K to 250 in 2 weeks. This is AFTER I TOLD MYSELF TO CHILL. I guess it is the comp. nature that sports bettors have.

I GUESS I'M JUST RESTATING WHAT YOU SAID AND WHAT MOST EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD ALREADY KNOWS!!!!

MONEY MANAGEMENT IS RULE # 1 ALWAYS. NEVER CHASE. ALWAYS CHILL ON COLD STREAKS. AND WHILE VALUE IS GOOD, PICKING WINNERS IS WHAT COUNTS.

Great post Stinger.

Very solid start Stinger. Thanks for the advice. Also it's great to see a guy who posts plays... gives a reason why he is playing the game and throws some advice your way.

Hope you keep this streak alive. Btw what is your strongest sport?

SSI

EOG Dedicated
strongest in order:

1. MLB
1a. Football (both college and NFL)
2. NHL (at least it used to be)
3. NBA
4. NCAA hoops
5. Totals (any sport).