Hey, Shrink, can you answer a question for me....

Not saying your a bad guy, but did you know you were going to open another joint when you sold the RX?

Can you understand why some find it hard to trust you, beings the way things went down. Seems very back stabbish to me.

Just looking for a little input is all.

Wish you the best with your new business venture.

Da' Pro

Pro-Scalper,

I actually thought i was going to RETIRE!!!

But, I agreed to stay on indefinitely because I was very close with one of the buyers and he asked me to do this for him AS A FAVOR...

Well, after about 1 1/2 years, I got BORED and felt that I had more to do in this industry than being a glorified consultant for them...

Also, their vision was different than mine, so I felt it was time to part...

The owners and I visited together in late May or June, when I broke the news to them in person...

Ken

Fair enough.

Were you ever agenda driven towards any books?

Da' Pro
THE SHRINK said:
Pro-Scalper,

I actually thought i was going to retire. I agreed to stay on indefinitely because I was very close with one of the buyers...

Well, after about 1 1/2 years, I got BORED and felt that I had more to do in this industry than being a glorified consultant for them...

Also, their vision was different than mine, so I felt it was time to part...

Ken

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Yeah Shrink, I think Wednesdays are $1 Corona days at Colonial Downs! And Thursdays are meatloaf special day! And Friday is fish 'n chips day at Colonial Days! Yes, you could have had a very exciting life- the high life so to speak!

Agenda Driven?

Well, if wanting to make money is an agenda, and I do believe that qualifies, then HELL YES...

And speaking of AGENDAS,

May I ask what YOURS IS? wow

ZZ,

I love Colonial Downs ( see my welcome to Frud thread, lol)...cocktail

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Pro-Scalper said:
Not saying your a bad guy, but did you know you were going to open another joint when you sold the RX?

Can you understand why some find it hard to trust you, beings the way things went down. Seems very back stabbish to me.

Just looking for a little input is all.

Wish you the best with your new business venture.

Da' Pro

Not saying your a bad guy, except you can't be trusted, you backstabbing liar.

FROG no bs version. This coming from a pro scalper that bets 5 sides on a 8 game sked. Lays -2.00-1. On a day where most pro scalpers take off, scalping games that do not move. No agenda here folks, just move along.

Best Wishes...OFturndevil

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Pro-Scalper said:

This isn't directed towards you Pro-Scalper, but I just cannot understand why on Earth some insist on judging a person in this situation.

Especially when we are talking about someone opening a web site for crying out loud!

Some act as if Shrink were OJ Simpson or something, as if he did something so wrong that he can never be trusted again.

Even though it is business-related,
We're talking about a WEBSITE.

Any of us would of done the exact same thing if we were in Shrink's shoes and the desire and burning to do this type of thing was still in our blood.

Are people not allowed to change their minds about something?

Hache, I have just read a lot out there. Sure enough, some is true, and some false.

My question was "Agenda Driven" about a book. I have no doubt in my mind Shrink felt bad about the panam debalical. If he had known what was to transpire, he would have warned us players.

Again, I know Shrink means well, and this is a busniess, and like any business some people get the short end.

Shrink has said somethings about other books, I don't know if it was agenda driven, or rightly just. I think we know what books I am referring too.

Again, just looking to feel comfortable here, I like the new site, and would like to see it go far. Curious is all.

Shrink, no agenda my friend.bounce

Da' Pro
Hache Man said:
This isn't directed towards you Pro-Scalper, but I just cannot understand why on Earth some insist on judging a person in this situation.

Especially when we are talking about someone opening a web site for crying out loud!

Some act as if Shrink were OJ Simpson or something, as if he did something so wrong that he can never be trusted again.

Even though it is business-related,
We're talking about a WEBSITE.

Any of us would of done the exact same thing if we were in Shrink's shoes and the desire and burning to do this type of thing was still in our blood.

Are people not allowed to change their minds about something?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Pro scalper that really does not scalp, that is raking The SHRINK over the coals. Shmo scalper, quit hiding behind the tree before you throw the stones. Just come out and say it. Any dirt left to throw? Mud left to sling? If you have a legit beef out with it. Otherwise you come across as a plant.

Best Wishes...OFfireext

Shrink,

If you feel any of these questions are out of line, please advise.

The books I am referring to are Bluegrass, V-wager, and Royal.

Again, feel free to delete the thread if you feel fit.

Da' Pro

One of the dumbest decisions the state of Va. ever made. HMMM< we have several highly populated metropolitan cities where should we put the racetrack?

Hey, I know NEW KENT. New-freaking-Kent! Are you kidding me? The only logical explanation is that the Va. Pension fund put 100? into shorting CD. The track is pretty nice, but what were they disappointed Marion already had a prison?

I never though Shrink ever had any agendas

All he wanted to do was make a few dollars, he is a business man

Is that wrong??

Pro-Scalper,

Why would I delete this thread?

Let me answer your question though using SBR'S rating system, who I have constantly gone on record as saying is second to no one...

1-Royal-D
2-BlueGrass-D
3-VWager-C

Is there REALLY anything else to discuss here?

If anything, I was too harsh on VWAGER, but they were MANY MONTHS behind paying their advertising on Rx. My experience has been that first the sponsors usually get slow paid, then the gamblers. However, I do believe that out of these 3 sports books, the ONLY one I could feel OK about recommending a player to try is VWAGER...

The other two grades of D should scare anyone away...

THE SHRINK

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

You said you "thought" you were going to retire. Was it something to do with taking money from gambling sites that concerned you, and prompted you to sell?

Then later, you found out all is well, and decided to come back bigger and stronger?

Again, I put Marty at 80% blame if he has hard feelings about this. That is if he had complete control over his contract. Marty could have put in a clause forbidding you from doing this exact thing. Although, it would be different if you gave him a verbal agreement, then that is a whole new ballpark.

Again, thanks for answering my questions.

Da' Pro
THE SHRINK said:
Pro-Scalper,

Why would I delete this thread?

Let me answer your question though using SBR'S rating system, who I have constantly gone on record as saying is second to no one...

1-Royal-D
2-BlueGrass-D
3-VWager-C

Is there REALLY anything else to discuss here?

If anything, I was too harsh on VWAGER, but they were MANY MONTHS behind paying their advertising on Rx. My experience has been that first the sponsors usually get slow paid, then the gamblers. However, I do believe that out of these 3 sports books, the ONLY one I could feel OK about recommending a player to try is VWAGER...

The other two grades of D should scare anyone away...

THE SHRINK

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
No one would have asked for over a 1 yr non-compete if there was a contract. There were no contracts for me or SHRINK.

This thread is bullshit.

This is business.

No one sold their soul and promised to must never do such and such again.

Unless ... the person who started the thread is the one and only ... you know ... thy Dark Prince himself ...

Hey! ... you never know who you'll met on the internet!

Surely there had to be some kind of contract for the sale of the business.
The General said:
No one would have asked for over a 1 yr non-compete if there was a contract. There were no contracts for me or SHRINK.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
When the sale went down, every employee was worried about the future of the rx. SHRINK stayed around more because of the employees we had over anything. Take that or leave it. We talked.

Yeah, SHRINK did wrong? How many people in this posting world need thank SHRINK for doing them well and a huge favor by making them something to notice? Including me!

Ken - i thought with that whole vwager thing, at the end you said they were the MOST TRUSTWORTHY and you APOLOGIZED for what you said about them. now they are a C? i posted up there based on the statements previously made about them in that long thread. would you suggest moving the money elsewhere? is it not safe 95% from slow/no pays?

Yes, Identity,

A C grading is really not that bad for SBR with VWAGER and I thought I made it perfectly clear in my post that I would be OK recommending people to play with VWAGER...

It's the other two I would avoid...

Ken

Pro-scalper, you should look at the positive side of this rather than the negative. Ken has made it clear he messed up in the past by being greedy and taking on books he shouldn't have.

He has apologised repeatedly and said he has changed. Why don't you give him the benefit of the doubt and criticize if he goes back to his old ways.

Again, I like what Ken has done here, and I respect his new biz plan.

I was looking for some answers to my quesitons, and got them.

Thanks

Da' Pro:+biting-2

What is going on here??

We are all reformed and I like it.

It is very relaxing here to post just like at SBR's where you do not worry about getting banned and guys calling you names.

Great job Shrink , Scarlett, The General and finally the mods for creating this type of environment.