Hurricanes v. Seminoles - September 5th: Mini-Contest (Ideas Please)

This is a Monday night game on ABC .... Sooooo I was thinking we should have a little contest at EOG since we have so many fans and alumni from both schools.

I can get some cool prizes for the winners in the form of Free Plays, Free Parlays, and the new EOG polo shirts.

We can do this through-out the NFL and college season with lots of games.

I have sorta kinda an idea for the contest but I want you guys to make suggestions and maybe we can incorporate all of them into the contest somehow.

So have at it !! bounce bounce

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Hmmmmm........Kind of tough with just one game involved Glaken...

What did you have in mind?

Enlighten us!cheers

I was thinking maybe a point system .... hard to cap the contest and alot of luck would be involved .....Maybe this for a start:

FSU Misses Field Goal Wide Right - 3 points
FSU Misses Field Goal Wide Left - 3 points
UM Has Most Penalty Yards - 4 points
FSU Has Most Penalty Yards - 4 points
Sacks
First Score
Turnovers
etc
etc
etc

your ideas
your ideas
your ideas

Maybe an ATS ?
Total ?

Winner of game - 10 Points

Hey, f you Glaken about wide left and right....

Bowmans does a CFL prop card every week. I don't know how it works exactly, but from what I've heard, there are 7 props for the week (4 games a week), and if you get all 7 right, you get some sort of cash prize that you have to roll over about a million times. Some of the props might include those which you see on Pinnacle...

Team to have more rushing yards (and possibly put a handicap on it)
Team to have more passing yards (ditto above)
Best completion percentage
Most sacks
Fewest turnovers
Most points by a specific player (really just applies to kickers in college I guess)
Will there be a defensive or special teams TD

Stuff like that. Great ideas Glaken, and I'd be happy to give you a hand if you need anything, particularly on this game.

damn k i c k thing happened to me again....

You know what I meant.... that it just applies to Kickers in college

AFLGuru said:
Hey, f you Glaken about wide left and right....

QUOTE]

LOL ... Dude I spent 5 of the greatset years of my life in Tally .... I suffered through all those misses FGs and even some devistating Gator losses over the years ....

One of the best game atomospheres on the planet in DoaK Campbell Stadium ....

Last edited:
FSU has too be worried about Meyer , he is killing them in recruiting away, guy has made a ton of in roads into Fla HS's

Tim Trebow-QB if Fla gets him watch out

Nobody killed FSU in this state in recruiting this past year... no one even came close.

Hey Glaken, you gonna be in town for any of the games this season? I'd love to meet ya.

AFLGuru said:
Nobody killed FSU in this state in recruiting this past year... no one even came close.

Hey Glaken, you gonna be in town for any of the games this season? I'd love to meet ya.

No plans as of now but I might. I still have tons of friends in Tally. Maybe The General will give me a weekend off .... you never know. Lord knows it would cost me pick up load of Busch beer though. Would like to meet you to...btw...looks like you might get to put your hurricane weather man hat on again this weekend with that storm down in the carribean moving towards S. Florida.

smoke

Yeah, just craptastic. Just what we need up here, another hurricane. But yeah, lemme know if you're coming down. Sure I can get ya a hotel dirt cheap and probably some free pizza still. Just make sure you pick one of the crappy games that no one is coming to (pretty much all of them except NCState and Miami)

Chris, those kids that have academic problems will probably end up working out for the Noles, just like a thug like Willie Williams will probably end up working out for you. We'll see what happens.

Glaken-- I once worked at the Dominos on Tennessee St and the one on Appalachee Parkway, and now work at the Howard Johnson on Monroe right by I-10.

Willie Williams has turned his life around and please FSU recruited him hard

Just saying you better watch Florida, Meyer is killing in recruiting

Glaken - Drew I read had a killer scrimage yesterday -400+ passing Yds

Glaken<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4837", true); </SCRIPT> .... SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!! MAYBE YOU DO IT FOR ALL THE MONDAYNIGHT GAMES!!!

SHAWN GOTTI said:
Chris@Olympic<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5121", true); </SCRIPT> ....... MAYBEE YOU COULD SPONSOR THE CONTEST?

Shawn, I have several ideas for prizes and books to sponsor different types of prizes for these contest .... I do plan on doing them for all MNF games and the more popular college games on TV.

I anyone has any suggestions feel free to post them, we've got plenty of time.

Glaken