Chip Carey

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated
He is just awful. Even worse than Michael Kay, and I didn't think that was possible. He says "You have to tip your cap to the Detroit Tigers. They couldn't hold a 7 game lead on September 7".

2348ji23e2348ji23e

Also, on the play at the plate when Casilla didn't score because he screwed up the tag up, Carey called a line drive out a base hit. Then in the ninth inning he tries to build the drama by saying "Will this be the last ever regular season game in the Metrodome? The answer to that is yes"

What an assclown.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated
Re: Chip Carey

I put that Micheal Kay reference in there just for you. But I really think he's horrible, and Carey was worse tonight.

Apple

Banned

Glad you mentioned this, he is horrible.. They shouldn't have games on TBS, all TBS has is medical related commercials.. fuk that channel and anyone who has so many medical commercials.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

His dad was likely the biggest homer announcer I've ever heard.

His grandfather was a buffoon.

agree on the lack of objectivity by his (grand)father but they did local braodcasts where it is more OK than national

personally i LOVED Skip Caray - very entertaining and enjoyable to watch/listen to and he came up with some classic lines

my fave is the time in the last 80s when the braves truly sucked. they showed the "crowd" and if there was 5,000 people there - there was a million. Caray saw it and remarked, "It's a partial sellout". i had to go to the ER from laughing so hard but some 20+ years later i still use that line

Chip messed up big time on that out at the plate calling it a hit but he thought it would be - as did most

i hate the Evil Empire but i do like Michael Kay. John Sterling - that is another story but i like Kay

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Carey did it again on the Swisher lineout. He started to say "base..."

than he tried to cover his ass by saying it almost dropped when it wasn't close to dropping.