Ted Lilly: FUTURE HOF'ER ????

Re: Ted Lilly: FUTURE HOF'ER ????

You're kidding, right Ego... I mean it's still a little early in the day to be hitting the bottle that hard...

Figured I'd get this thread in before MC, 5Team, or FK does it

Stone cold sober sir 91023i2ndw;l

If I knew the definition of proverbial Willy, I'd probably agree 91023i2ndw;l

Not in this lifetime. Seriously Ego are you smoking the same stuff A. Jones did right before that picture?

See, they shoulda kept him in the ballgame

3-run jack by JR 91023i2ndw;l

I am a die hard Cubs fan but they should never be bet on against the Reds. Doesn't matter how either team is playing the Reds usually give them fits.

There would be no basis for a thread of this type in any way shape or form.

Unless he becomes a manager and wins more games than Torre.

5TEAMER!!!!!!!!

Would you consider Ted Lilly a or not until he's regulated to being a long-reliever ???

WVU

EOG Master

Ego, I would answer my opinion in this thread, but i just don't feel it is fair to 5team parlay.

:LMAO

Nothing silly about Lilly
By Mike Spellman | Daily Herald Staff
Published: 8/3/2008 12:02 AM​
"Big Z," Ryan Dempster and new arrival Rich Harden may get more publicity, but when Cubs manager Lou Piniella absolutely, positively has to have a big win or needs a losing streak busted, the one guy he turns to is Ted Lilly.
Last week against Milwaukee, Lilly went toe-to-toe with Brewers ace CC Sabathia and got the series off to a good start with a victory.
Saturday at Wrigley Field, Lilly's assignment was to lead the Cubs back from a lackluster loss the previous day to Pittsburgh, and that's just what the veteran lefty did, surviving a shaky start to shut down the Pirates through 6 innings to lead the Cubs to a 5-1 victory on a chamber of commerce afternoon on the North Side.
"He's a gutsy kid," Piniella said. "He doesn't back off. He gets after it and it shows.
"Even though early in the game he wavers a little bit, he just collects himself and digs in and does a heck of a job."
It was Lilly's fourth straight quality start and the 10th in his last dozen starts.
And, as he's done a few times this season, Lilly (11-6) had to survive some wildness early as he walked a pair and faced seven Pirates in the second inning. But he came away relatively unscathed with just 1 run crossing the plate.
"Fortunately, I was able to get out of it," Lilly said. "You can only get away with that so many times. I've done that quite a bit throughout the course of the year and found a way out of it."
Piniella didn't know if that would be the case.
"I told (pitching coach) Larry (Rothschild), 'Boy, we'll be fortunate if we get 6 innings out of him,'" Piniella said. "I'll tell you what, over the past two years, this guy does as good a job as anybody we have here at putting an end to a losing streak.
"He started out 1-5 and he's what, 10-1 since? Not too shabby."
Lilly is the first Cubs lefty with consecutive 10-win seasons since Steve Trout in 1983-84; his 41 victories since the start of the 2006 season rank fourth among major-league lefties, and he has won 10 or more games in each of his last six seasons.
"He's just a battler," said center fielder Reed Johnson, who led the Cubs' offense with 3 hits and a pair of runs scored. "All he cares about is winning the game, and that's what you want. Even when he doesn't have his best stuff, he's going to go after hitters.
"There's been a lot of times this year when he hasn't had his good stuff, but I think a lot of good pitchers, when they don't have their good stuff, they find a way to battle through 6 or 7 innings," Johnson said. "Another thing good pitchers do is stop potential losing streaks, and that's what Teddy did today."
Piniella's right-handed-heavy lineup helped as well, cooling off red-hot Pirates lefty Paul Malholm, who came into Saturday's game with 5 wins in his previous 6 starts and was 4-0 in his career vs. the Cubs.
"It's important to stop that kind of momentum," Lilly said, "and it's a lot easier when the guys go out there and put 5 runs on the board and pressure on their pitcher."

rainbow,

Some of your fans have been asking about you on other threads....12io4j2w90

How the hell have you been? :pop:

rainbow

EOG Master

rainbow,

Some of your fans have been asking about you on other threads....12io4j2w90

How the hell have you been? :pop:
I have been doing fine, just a little hurt for getting screwed out of a large amount of money from you know who, I didn?t even know you were recently in Costa Rica, I found out after you left that you were here. I guess it wasn?t meant for me to finally meet you, I hope one day we will meet.

Going for career win #88 today, 213 more and he will have a HOF shot.

<TABLE class=scores cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle bgColor=#dedec6><TD></TD><TD class=yspwhitebg width=1 rowSpan=5><SPACER width="1" height="1" type="block"></TD><TD class=yspscores width=100></TD><TD class=ysptblbdr2 width=1 rowSpan=5><SPACER width="1" height="1" type="block"></TD></TR><TR class=yspwhitebg><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblclbg5 align=middle><TD width=10 height=23></TD><TD class="yspscores team" align=left>Chi Cubs 89-58 (Road: 38-34) </TD><TD class="ysptblclbg6 total" align=right>2:05pm ET </TD></TR><TR class=yspwhitebg><TD colSpan=3></TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblclbg5 align=middle><TD width=10 height=23></TD><TD class="yspscores team" align=left>Houston 80-68 (Home: 43-30) </TD><TD class="ysptblclbg6 total" align=right></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=6 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=3></TD></TR><TR><TD class=yspscores colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD class=yspscores height=35><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=285 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%">CHC: T. Lilly (14-9, 4.29)
HOU: B. Moehler (11-6, 4.16) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

munson15

I want winners...

Yankees never should have let this guy go. I think we got the bad Weaver brother in a multi-team deal. Have tried to suppress the memory. But HOF?:LMAO