Humility...

There are many definitions for humility. For me, it is remaining teachable...

The reason I bring this topic up now is because I am reading on some threads how "UNTEACHABLE" certain posters are...

When I allow my character defects to prevent me from being humble is when I have no shot at winning, not only at sports betting but in the game of "life" overall...

I realize today that it is ok not to know everything and to listen to what others have to say...

I appreciate all of you and thanks for teaching me...

THE SHRINK

SeaDawg

EOG Veteran
Re: Humility...

How true, Humility and Gratitude are always in short supply, yet highly appreciated....:cheers :+clueless

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

The reason I bring this topic up now is because I am reading on some threads how "UNTEACHABLE" certain posters are...

When I allow my character defects to prevent me from being humble is when I have no shot at winning, not only at sports betting but in the game of "life" overall...

I realize today that it is ok not to know everything and to listen to what others have to say...

THE SHRINK

i'm 34 and finally allowing myself to learn these lessons.i think a lot of it has to do with ego and a person allowing themselves to admit that they sometimes don't have all the answers.people can save themselves a lot of trouble in the long run by learning some of these simple things in life.

munson15

I want winners...

Let me tell you something, Mike. The advancing years will make you even more humble. At 51, I have been opened up a couple or 5 times, and the knowledge that a stranger can fix your body through their skill is a lesson in humility and gratitude.

THE SHRINK

Tomorrow, I will call you..... You have alot of listening to do, and I have a lot to teach you my fellow New Yorker....I have alot to say.....

But see, I cant do that. Why? Your a good man Ken....What the hell are you going to learn from me? What the hell are you going to learn from 95% of others that are not as knowledgable as you? Patience?

You perused around at some posts and some probably made sense to you...Dont get mushy here Doc, you are the Anchor of EOG.....If you start double guessing yourself, we got problems...

Integrity

EOG Master

THE SHRINK

12io4j2w90

mofome

Banned

to be truly humble you must display humility 100% of the time, not just most of the time. that is what is most impressive about a truly humble person.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

i've learned a lot this year especially.on january 10th of this year after watching my teams magical season all fade away and watching them lose a chance at the super bowl i went to my night job and was let go after eight years and this was right after listening to the final seconds of defeat on the radio so that was a real bad day.i haven't had a job all year and having to pawn things and ask for help here and there has certainly made me see how poorer people go through certain things.this has been one of the worst years for me financially ever.but i sat down and thought about it.i'm going to make lemonaide out of a lemon.i'm not going to sit around and mope.i have spent all waking hours with my kids.they will turn 5 and 4 years old on november 1st.i have played with them and watched them grow.i put them on the school bus and get them off the bus every day.i've had my vehicle break down and spent a couple months walking until a relative generously helped pay for it to be fixed.so i got a lot of walking in this summer.you just have to roll with the changes.don't ever ever think everything is just the way you want it.i've learned that right when things seem perfect is when the bottom is prone to fall out from under you.best to take things one day at a time and always be thankful and never take anything for granted.