UFC Fight Night

hutch15

EOG Senior Member
Is it just me and I could be wrong but I think Huerta can handle gray maynard. Huerta is a +230 dog....

Rando

EOG Enthusiast
Re: UFC Fight Night

Is it just me and I could be wrong but I think Huerta can handle gray maynard. Huerta is a +230 dog....

Huerta hasn't fought in ages. He decided he wanted to pursue his acting career and when the UFC found this out they didn't book him for about a year, they were probably pissed at him because he is one of their poster boys.

He's a tough kid, but I think the odds are right in this fight. This is Maynard's fight to lose, he has MUCH better wrestling and can certainly control the fight to a decision if he wants to. That being said, he might choose to stand and strike to entertain the crowd since he's known for being boring, and if he does that he could get caught by a decent striker with power in Huerta.

I wouldn't drop money on Huerta considering how long he has been away from the octogon. Ring rust is a factor, just ask Chris Leben and Kid Yamamoto.

Inv1ctus

EOG Member

I have to agree with Rando, Huerta hasn't fought in a long time and question is if he even really wants to be fighting again, or is that just an escape because the acting thing didn't work out? Also Maynard will do anything for the win, even if it means holding him down on the mat. I would love nothing more than see Huerta knocking Maynard out but I don't see it happenning so I probably won't touch this fight.

Rando

EOG Enthusiast

I am leaning toward picking Melvin Guillard to beat Nate Diaz. This is just a bad match up for Nate, because he has sloppy takedowns, and very little strength. Melvin should be able to man handle Nate and keep it standing with his incredible strength.

Melvin has been doing well lately. He recently got a purple belt in BJJ which means his ground game is improving. He went the distance and won a controversial decision against a good grappler in Gleison Tibau. They were grappling a lot and Tibau could not submit Melvin.

Also, Nate Diaz is wanting to stand and strike with Guillard. This is a bad idea, because Melvin has huge KO power and has never been knocked out, whereas Diaz has very little power in his punches and in my opinion, his boxing is not very good. Here is the quote:

“Finally I’m fighting someone that’s not afraid to stand up with me,” Diaz said. “Melvin’s a tough guy and I know that he’ll want to stand and trade with me. I don’t think the fans want to see two guys holding each other.

I think Guillard at +205 is a good bet, and the line might move towards Diaz's favor as the fight gets closer.

Inv1ctus

EOG Member

If Nate really plans to kickbox with Guillard there is little chance he'll be standing at the end of the fight although he's a very tough kid imo. And line will move more in in Diaz's favour like you said Rando. The only thing that worries me a bit is Guillard's head, because he can get over aggressive and leave a limb in there. But I very much like Guillard as such a big underdog.

The HOFF

EOG Member

Melvin Guillard +195
Nate Diaz -245

Roger Huerta +285
Gray Maynard -355

Jake Ellenberger +305
Carlos Condit -405

Tim Credeur +195
Nate Quarry -245

Brian Stann +240
Steve Cantwell -300

Chris Wilson +105
Mike Pyle -135

Phillipe Nover +155
Sam Stout -195

Justin Buchholtz +195
Jeremy Stephens -245

Mike Pierce +355
Brock Larson -455

Steve Steiness +135
Ryan Jensen -165

Inv1ctus

EOG Member

Does anyone know which bookie has CB Dolloway vs Jay Silva fight? I would really like to bet on Jay Silva. ;)

The HOFF

EOG Member

Weigh-In Results

MAIN CARD

• Nate Diaz (156.5)* vs. Melvin Guillard (155)
  • Roger Huerta (156) vs. Gray Maynard (155.5)
  • Carlos Condit (171) vs. Jake Ellenberger (170.5)
  • Tim Credeur (186) vs. Nate Quarry (184)
PRELIMINARY CARD
  • Steve Cantwell (206) vs. Brian Stann (205.5)
  • Mike Pyle (170) vs. Chris Wilson (171)
  • C.B. Dollaway (186) vs. Jay Silva (185)
  • Phillipe Nover (155.5) vs. Sam Stout (156)
  • Justin Buchholz (155.5) vs. Jeremy Stephens (155.5)
  • Brock Larson (171) vs. Mike Pierce (169.5)
  • Ryan Jensen (186) vs. Steven Steinbeiss (185.5)

railbird

EOG Master

Mike Pyle -127 is a lock, does everything better.

Condit vulnerable here swithced camps, Jake is the better wrestler the better athlete.

Huerta is out.

The HOFF

EOG Member

Melvin Guillard +195 vs Nate Diaz -245

Roger Huerta +285 vs Gray Maynard -355

Jake Ellenberger +305 vs Carlos Condit -405

Tim Credeur +200 vs Nate Quarry -250

Brian Stann +240 vs Steve Cantwell -300

Chris Wilson +105 vs Mike Pyle -135

Jay Silva +225 vs CB Dollaway -285

Mike Pierce +355 vs Brock Larson -455

Steve Steinbeiss +135 vs Ryan Jensen -165

Cantwell -300 (4.5 to win 1.5)
Silva +225 (2 to win 4.5)
Jensen -165 (4.125 to win 2.5)

Rando

EOG Enthusiast

There's nothing I really like aside from Heutra/Maynard going the distance, and Guillard.

I'll have to do some more research on Jake Ellenberger. I did check out Jay Silva and while he looks promising he lacks experience, with just 6 fights. He obviously has some KO power but CB Dolloway was an NCAA wrestler and should be able to put Silva on his back no problem. Not to mention Silva trains with Rampage, so that tells us how bad his ground game probably is.

Inv1ctus

EOG Member

He has some BJJ skills though, being a Brazilian and all ;) And The Doberman can leave a limb in there but I think he is going to sleep this time.

Rando

EOG Enthusiast

He has some BJJ skills though, being a Brazilian and all ;) And The Doberman can leave a limb in there but I think he is going to sleep this time.

Lol, not all Brazilians have BJJ skills! Although most do.

I haven't heard anything on this guys ground skills. I'll see tonight.

Rando

EOG Enthusiast

Silva lost a close decision. That was a good bet though, I think Silva should have won based on the play by play.

He seems to be a little cocky though. Says he had his hands down a lot and was sticking his chin out and taunting.