The Washington D.C. Tea Party

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated
Greetings:

Today, on the date of September 12, 2009, the Munchkin Man is feeling very proud to be an American.

Please read why in the story linked below:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/12/AR2009091200971_pf.html

The Munchkin Man would like to extend his eternal gratitude and highest commendations to the thousands of patriotic Americans who attended this historical event.

The following is a link to a YouTube video, featuring a hapless CNN reporter, while she was on the scene for this event, trying to talk about the newest American patriot to emerge upon the national spotlight, Congressman Joe Wilson of South Carolina:

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/s1Ntu7Aapys&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

The reaction she got when she turned around to ask the crowd about Joe Wilson is priceless.

Proudly,

Munchkin Man

tank

EOG Dedicated
Re: The Washington D.C. Tea Party

Just curious Munchkin? What do you do to kids in school when they are disrespectful???Do you mind if they yell while you are talking?

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Just curious Munchkin? What do you do to kids in school when they are disrespectful????

Greetings Mr. Tank:

As a former teacher who retired on disability several years ago, the Munchkin Man used to employ a variety of disciplinary measures when students were disrespectful in the Munchkin Man's classroom.

The Munchkin Man used to call their parents.

The Munchkin Man used to send them to the In-School-Suspension (ISS) room.

The Munchkin Man used to give them after-school detention.

The Munchkin Man used to make them write sentences.

The Munchkin Man used to issue mandatory parent conferences which must be held before a student was allowed back in the Munchkin Man's classroom.

When none of the above methods worked, the Munchkin Man would write them up and send them to the office of the Assistant Principal, where they usually got suspended.

The Munchkin Man used to document all of these preliminary measures, and record them on their misconduct referral forms, so that they WOULD get suspended.

Do you mind if they yell while you are talking?

Yes, the Munchkin Man used to mind it very much.

That's why the Munchkin Man would take appropriate disciplinary action whenever it occurred.

The Munchkin Man did not tolerate rude and disrespectful behavior in his classroom.

Now then.

The Munchkin Man knows what you are trying to get at.

You are trying to draw a parallel between rude and disrespectful students in the Munchkin Man's classroom and the protest rally that took place in Washington D.C. today.

Let the Munchkin Man remind you that this protest rally was planned months in advance.

The right to peaceful assembly is a fundamental civil right guaranteed to all American citizens in the Constitution.

At the same time, the Munchkin Man recognizes that civility and respect must and should be displayed during such assemblies.

Accordingly, the Munchkin Man thought it was very rude and disrespectful for that CNN reporter to be talking, especially in an effort to trash Congresman Joe Wilson, while the patriotic citizens who attended this assembly were busy protesting.

She tried to interrupt their assembly.

She got the reaction she deserved.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

tank

EOG Dedicated

No I am referring to when Wilson yelled during Obama's speech.They was cheering on the clip when they mentioned him.
I do not care who the president is that is very low class to do that.Whether it was Bush or Obama that is just low if you ask me.
As far as the protesters I think it is great that people are voicing their opinions and have no problem with it.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

No I am referring to when Wilson yelled during Obama's speech.They was cheering on the clip when they mentioned him.
I do not care who the president is that is very low class to do that.Whether it was Bush or Obama that is just low if you ask me.
As far as the protesters I think it is great that people are voicing their opinions and have no problem with it.

Greetings Mr. Tank:

The Munchkin Man would like to thank you for clarifying yourself.

In regard to Joe Wilson's comment and interruption of President Obama's speech, the Munchkin Man will concede that Joe Wilson did violate conventional standards of humun civility and decorum while President Obama was speaking.

In this sense, Joe Wilson was wrong to express his disagreement with President Obama in the manner that he did.

However...................

Joe Wilson also spoke the truth.

Therefore, he was also right.

The paradox of this incident can be expressed by the words of another poster:

"He was wrong, but he was also right."

The protesters were responding to the truth behind Joe Wilson's words and not the faux pas he committed.

These are desperate times.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sometimes desperate measures are needed during desperate times to get the truth across.

This is especially true today, when the survival of America is at stake, and when President Obama's policies are hell bent toward America's destruction.

Joe Wilson sacrificed a little bit of human civility, in order to raise the consciousness of the American people, of the lies that were spoken from the lips of President Obama in regard to his health care proposals.

On balance, the Munchkin Man believes that Joe Wilson was far more right than wrong.

The Munchkin Man considers him a patriot and a great American.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

tank

EOG Dedicated

So in other words it is okay to be disrespectful in certain situations that you agree with.Hopefully you will not have any kids in class that feel the same way .

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

So in other words it is okay to be disrespectful in certain situations that you agree with.

Greetings Mr. Tank:

It is okay to be disrespectful when being disrespectful exposes lies which, when perpetuated instead of exposed, promote the destruction of America.

In fact, it is not only "okay."

It is a duty.

Hopefully you will not have any kids in class that feel the same way .

Please allow the Munchkin Man to give you a real life example from the Munchkin Man's many years of teaching experience.

Every now and then, the Munchkin Man would make a mistake when demonstrating a math problem on the blackboard.

The Munchkin Man is only human, and therefore, is not perfect.

On at least a couple of these occasions, when the Munchkin Man made a mistake on the blackboard, a student would shout out:

"You're wrong!"

Then the student would proceed to describe the Munchkin Man's mistake.

Was that the proper way to tell the Munchkin Man that the Munchkin Man made a mistake?

No.

The student is supposed to raise his or her hand first, and then get the Munchkin Man's permission, before speaking out or asking a question.

Did the Munchkin Man punish these students on these occasions?

No.

Instead, the Munchkin Man would praise the student for paying attention and being alert enough to catch the Munchkin Man's mistake.

The Munchkin Man would thank the student for doing so and announce that the student was receiving extra credit for catching the Munchkin Man in a mistake.

The Munchkin Man would get his gradebook out and record the extra credit right then and there.

A higher standard of truth was involved here, one which transcended that of human civility and decorum.

This was the standard of truth.

The Munchkin Man made an error on the blackboard.

As a result of the Munchkin Man's error, the solution to the problem the Munchkin Man was working out did not meet the standard of truth.

The Munchkin Man needed and deserved to be corrected.

Likewise, the American people needed to be told that Barack Obama lied.

The standard of truth prevails.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

railbird

EOG Master

Where the fuck where all these DONKEYS when Bush,McCain and Obama kissed the banks ass back in October.

The terrorsist are the Federal reserve, they are a much bigger problem than Al Qaueda or any muslims

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

What was the lie??

Greetings Mr. Tank:

Joe Wilson explained the lie that President Obama told during his interview on the Sean Hannity Show last Thursday, on the date of September 10:

The following is a link to this interview:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549243,00.html

The Munchkin Man has copied and pasted the following excerpt from this interview below:

HANNITY: And joining me from Washington for an exclusive interview is the man that has everyone talking. South Carolina congressman, Joe Wilson.

? Watch Sean's interview

Congressman, welcome back. Thanks for being on the program. Appreciate it.
WILSON: Well, Sean, it's an honor to be with you.

HANNITY: All right, you've already explained. I don't really think we need to cover all ground. You've explained that you were sorry. You spoke out. It was an emotional moment. And you ? it's all squared away with the White House?

WILSON: They were very gracious in accepting my apology, and said, let's get on to discuss the issues and that's what we need to be doing.

HANNITY: Well, I want to go ? that's exactly what I want to do. Now the president said in his speech last night, these are facts, nobody disputes them. Now I can name five things off the top of my head. The issue of whether or not illegals are covered, whether or not this covers abortion is another one, and whether or not Medicare is cut, what the meaning of end-of-life counseling is, and the cost.

So let's start with the one that made you speak out, about immigration. Are illegal immigrants covered in this bill?

WILSON: In fact, they could get the insurance. They could get the benefits, they could get the subsidies. And the reason I know this is because I served on a committee where we considered amendments. And then I followed the amendments on other committees, the Energy and Commerce, on Ways and Means, and I noticed that the Democrats had defeated the amendments that would provide for enforcement. And the verification of citizenship.

And so when the president said this, I knew what he was saying was not accurate. I do apologize for speaking out, but what was said was not accurate.

HANNITY: Well, let's talk about this because congressional research, they actually investigated this. And instead, in fact.

WILSON: Yes.

HANNITY: Why don't you tell everybody, in fact, what they found is the direct opposite of what the president said?

WILSON: And we had the Congressional Research Office. Just last month, in August, they did a study and indicated that there were no restrictions against providing or not enforceable restrictions for illegal aliens to fully participate in the programs.

HANNITY: All right. Here's the question because I read the bill, every page of it. And.

WILSON: I did, too.

HANNITY: And I ? your interpretation, I agree with Congressional Research Office on immigration. I also believe that they've come up with a sneaky way to fund abortions, although they're denying it. Do you agree with me on abortions and on Medicare cuts?

WILSON: I do. Because ? and when you read the bill, it really doesn't take long, because you can see that you have the health choice administration commissioner. And this commissioner will have czar-like powers and could do virtually anything they wanted to do, including abortion coverage.

HANNITY: Yes. Well, and that's the point. And the same thing is, I find it unbelievable. I want to ask you about the cost factor because the president made promises about cost. How do you insure all these people? And how do you tell the American people that they'll keep their insurance?
I don't believe any of those things will be true. Your interpretation?

WILSON: Well, we've already seen through "cash for clunkers" that this administration misses by a factor of three, $3 billion. They just did not get the numbers correctly. The same thing is going to occur where you'll have an overwhelming of the health care system. And instead of a delay getting a car, people will be delayed getting health care."

To assist you in your additional research on Obama's lies, the Munchkin Man would like to refer you to the following articles:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MzU5MjU2NDNlZmNkOTUyNDdmM2ZkYTI2YmE5ZjAxMzY=#more

http://lornakismet.wordpress.com/20...-have-a-case-on-health-care-illegal-aliens-2/

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-wont-cover-illegal-immigrants--55021087.html

The Munchkin Man could post more links to more articles.

The Munchkin Man could also copy and paste excerpts from each one.

As a retired teacher, however, the Munchkin Man has never believed in spoon feeding his students.

Therefore, your homework is to read each of these articles on your own, on behalf of the enhancement of your own self-education.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

The Seer

EOG Dedicated

Dear MM;

Please give us a link to all the main stream media coverage of the recent highest death toll ever in Afghanistan. They used to give it daily when it was not Obama's war. I cannot seem to find one.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Greetings Mr. Tank:

Joe Wilson explained the lie that President Obama told during his interview on the Sean Hannity Show last Thursday, on the date of September 10:

The following is a link to this interview:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549243,00.html

The Munchkin Man has copied and pasted the following excerpt from this interview below:

HANNITY: And joining me from Washington for an exclusive interview is the man that has everyone talking. South Carolina congressman, Joe Wilson.

? Watch Sean's interview

Congressman, welcome back. Thanks for being on the program. Appreciate it.
WILSON: Well, Sean, it's an honor to be with you.

HANNITY: All right, you've already explained. I don't really think we need to cover all ground. You've explained that you were sorry. You spoke out. It was an emotional moment. And you ? it's all squared away with the White House?

WILSON: They were very gracious in accepting my apology, and said, let's get on to discuss the issues and that's what we need to be doing.

HANNITY: Well, I want to go ? that's exactly what I want to do. Now the president said in his speech last night, these are facts, nobody disputes them. Now I can name five things off the top of my head. The issue of whether or not illegals are covered, whether or not this covers abortion is another one, and whether or not Medicare is cut, what the meaning of end-of-life counseling is, and the cost.

So let's start with the one that made you speak out, about immigration. Are illegal immigrants covered in this bill?

WILSON: In fact, they could get the insurance. They could get the benefits, they could get the subsidies. And the reason I know this is because I served on a committee where we considered amendments. And then I followed the amendments on other committees, the Energy and Commerce, on Ways and Means, and I noticed that the Democrats had defeated the amendments that would provide for enforcement. And the verification of citizenship.

And so when the president said this, I knew what he was saying was not accurate. I do apologize for speaking out, but what was said was not accurate.

HANNITY: Well, let's talk about this because congressional research, they actually investigated this. And instead, in fact.

WILSON: Yes.

HANNITY: Why don't you tell everybody, in fact, what they found is the direct opposite of what the president said?

WILSON: And we had the Congressional Research Office. Just last month, in August, they did a study and indicated that there were no restrictions against providing or not enforceable restrictions for illegal aliens to fully participate in the programs.

HANNITY: All right. Here's the question because I read the bill, every page of it. And.

WILSON: I did, too.

HANNITY: And I ? your interpretation, I agree with Congressional Research Office on immigration. I also believe that they've come up with a sneaky way to fund abortions, although they're denying it. Do you agree with me on abortions and on Medicare cuts?

WILSON: I do. Because ? and when you read the bill, it really doesn't take long, because you can see that you have the health choice administration commissioner. And this commissioner will have czar-like powers and could do virtually anything they wanted to do, including abortion coverage.

HANNITY: Yes. Well, and that's the point. And the same thing is, I find it unbelievable. I want to ask you about the cost factor because the president made promises about cost. How do you insure all these people? And how do you tell the American people that they'll keep their insurance?
I don't believe any of those things will be true. Your interpretation?

WILSON: Well, we've already seen through "cash for clunkers" that this administration misses by a factor of three, $3 billion. They just did not get the numbers correctly. The same thing is going to occur where you'll have an overwhelming of the health care system. And instead of a delay getting a car, people will be delayed getting health care."

To assist you in your additional research on Obama's lies, the Munchkin Man would like to refer you to the following articles:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MzU5MjU2NDNlZmNkOTUyNDdmM2ZkYTI2YmE5ZjAxMzY=#more

http://lornakismet.wordpress.com/20...-have-a-case-on-health-care-illegal-aliens-2/

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-wont-cover-illegal-immigrants--55021087.html

The Munchkin Man could post more links to more articles.

The Munchkin Man could also copy and paste excerpts from each one.

As a retired teacher, however, the Munchkin Man has never believed in spoon feeding his students.

Therefore, your homework is to read each of these articles on your own, on behalf of the enhancement of your own self-education.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man
No where in the bill does it say illegals will be covered. The only ones spouting that are the sheepherders you listed and the good little sheep like yourself that keep repeating it.Show me in the actual bill where it say's that and not some nonsense from National Review or the rest of the sheep material.

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

The goal of real reformers is clear: a Medicare-for-all single-payer national health care system. Getting there may be a little tough this fall. But America will get there.
The current system is broken; it fails to serve 45 million Americans and underserves another 45 million. It costs too much and it delivers too little to a country where life expectancy rates are rapidly falling below those of nations with universal health care.
The compromises of a weak public option are insufficient to the point of being laughable, and potentially more costly than the current monstrosity.
So we will get to single-payer. The question is how and when.
One answer is offered by Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin, D-Madison, who wants to allow states to experiment with health care systems.
Under her plan, a progressive state such as Wisconsin or Vermont could develop a Medicare-for-all program. Other states could muck around with so-called "medical savings accounts" and other gimmicks developed by the insurance industry and its political mouthpieces. The evidence of which model works best would develop over time.
Canada went this route, with single-payer enacted first in Saskatchewan. Eventually, the reforms went national.
Baldwin has proposed a House resolution expressing support for state-based innovation in health care reform. And she has pushed to ensure that this sort of flexibility is part of any plan that comes out of the House.
So far, Wisconsin Congressmen Tom Petri, R-Fond du Lac, and Ron Kind, D-La Crosse, have co-sponsored Baldwin's resolution. All members of Congress should be on board.
Washington may not give us real reform this year. But it should at least give states a chance to move in the right direction.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Picture of the Day - September 14, 2009

September 14, 2009 - 3:23 ET
<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/c1cqF0YkuZc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
Video: 9/12 Protesters Washington, D.C. Time Lapse Footage

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/1UULBKgxRGk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>
Excellent look at the 9/12 DC crowd...
<!-- / message -->

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted
Re: 9-12 protesters fake DC photos

Re: 9-12 protesters fake DC photos

"It was an impressive crowd," he said. But after marching down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol the crowd "only filled the Capitol grounds, maybe up to Third Street," he said.

Yet the photo showed the crowd sprawling far beyond that to the Washington Monument, which is bordered by 15th and and 17th Streets.

There's another big problem with the photograph: it doesn't include the National Museum of the American Indian, a building located at the corner of Fourth St. and Independence Ave. that opened on Sept. 14, 2004. (Looking at the photograph, the building should be in the upper right hand corner of the National Mall, next to the Air and Space Museum.) That means the picture was taken before the museum opened exactly five years ago. So clearly the photo doesn't show the "tea party" crowd from the Sept. 12 protest.

"I've seen bigger crowds at Montreal Expos games, but I still wouldn't fake a photo just to justify your predictions of millions descending on Washington," said one gleeful Democratic media strategist. "This is grade-A stupid and just plays into the argument that these were astroturf protests to begin with. They've always brought the noise, but the question that was supposed to be answered this weekend was, could they bring the numbers? In that respect this was an unmitigated disaster."

The photo had been circulated on blogs and Twitter. A number of conservative blogs have since taken the photo down. Some have corrected their posts. Others say the circulation of the picture was a left-wing conspiracy to discredit the event. However, many of them are still claiming that at least a million people attended the march. Nate Silver estimates about 70,000 protesters showed up.

It isn't the first failed attempt by the protesters to inflate the size of the event. On Saturday, organizer Matt Kibbe announced on stage that ABC News had estimated a crowd of 1 to 1.5 million. ABC News had reported no such thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/14/912-tea-party-photo-false_n_286082.html