The top 5 hitters in the Major leagues right now: your opinons..

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: The top 5 hitters in the Major leagues right now: your opinons..

6-10 in my opinion

size
chipper
reyes
teix
holliday

mofome

Banned

love for lind! no one is hotter

mofome

Banned

u said right now, that purple lipped homo isnt playing

went on to say for all of 2009. Thats what I want to see, who people think will be the best 5-10 hitters this year. I wrote unclearly in my initial post.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

went on to say for all of 2009. Thats what I want to see, who people think will be the best 5-10 hitters this year. I wrote unclearly in my initial post.

oh i didnt read all the way thru

he is definatly top 10, if not top 3...

i would knock chipper down to below 10th and add arod..

11 thru 15 then

chipper
beltran
ichiro
kinsler
hamilton

mofome

Banned

Where does soriano enter the discussion. hes too hard to figure. Hes the JR Smith of the bases world.

OPS is a fine stat. The most ridiculous stat, that people continue to reference as if it matters, is a SPs record.

One could also argue BA is an overated stat, OBP is probably more telling

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i put and all his teammates into 1 cluster fuck

soriano
aramis
lee

they are so hit and miss, they could go on a month long slump them put record months up following it

mofome

Banned

i put and all his teammates into 1 cluster fuck

soriano
aramis
lee

they are so hit and miss, they could go on a month long slump them put record months up following it

sorianos hot streaks are on another level though. imho.

mofome

Banned

Milton bradley was actually 3rd in OBP in 2008, lloyd. Not something I look for him to duplicate in the near future.

mofome

Banned

Markakis enters the discussion around 13-16

Tuckman

Uh Poster

soriano might be my fav player and his streaks are scary

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i'm not a big hamilton supporter, he went off the first half of last season and dropped back to average the 2nd half... if u think a 1/2 season puts u up in the ranks as 1 of the top 15 hitters, not so sure on that

i'm not a big hamilton supporter, he went off the first half of last season and dropped back to average the 2nd half... if u think a 1/2 season puts u up in the ranks as 1 of the top 15 hitters, not so sure on that
He is the most talented bat in the league, even more talented than alex. Freakish strength. I think his tail off last year if because of the long season he had never taken on before.. it wont happen again this year. point taken though

mofome

Banned

hamiltons power numbers dropped in the second half but his obp actually improved.

mofome

Banned

He is the most talented bat in the league, even more talented than alex. Freakish strength. I think his tail off last year if because of the long season he had never taken on before.. it wont happen again this year. point taken though

I believe that hanley is the most freakish player in the league.

mofome

Banned

OPS actually combines the two. slugging/OBP. That is the better statistic, which is why I reference it.

I believe that hanley is the most freakish player in the league.
I think Hamilton has a more talented bat. His bat speed and hand-eye is IMO the best Ive ever seen other than Bonds. Hanley is a better athlete at this point. It's too bad Hamilton fucked off his early and mid 20's, he was a legendary athlete as a young man.

mofome

Banned

I think Hamilton has a more talented bat. His bat speed and hand-eye is IMO the best Ive ever seen other than Bonds. Hanley is a better athlete at this point. It's too bad Hamilton fucked off his early and mid 20's, he was a legendary athlete as a young man.

This is where you will be surprised to learn that Josh hamilton swings and misses more than 98% of the league. More than Mike Cameron, just a bit better than Mike Jacobs. In fact, only 10 mlb regulars swung and missed more frequently than Josh hamilton in 2008.

This is where you will be surprised to learn that Josh hamilton swings and misses more than 98% of the league. More than Mike Cameron, just a bit better than Mike Jacobs. In fact, only 10 mlb regulars swung and missed more frequently than Josh hamilton in 2008.
yet he hit 32 hrs 130 rbi and hit .304 with an obp over .371... Maybe he needs to wait for the curve ball a bit more, and try to hit it 420 ft rather than 640ft..

very unusual to be that efficient with the balls put in play. that means he kills baseballs.

mofome

Banned

yet he hit 32 hrs 130 rbi and hit .304 with an obp over .371... Maybe he needs to wait for the curve ball a bit more, and try to hit it 420 ft rather than 640ft..

very unusual to be that efficient with the balls put in play. that means he kills baseballs.

I was surprised by that stat when i came across it this winter myself. What he did in the hr derby gave me goosebumps, he is def someone who fits into the category of 'freak'.