Do you have a hard time respecting a female sports opinion , because of gender?

Journeyman

EOG Master
There are a few who I have come to respect...one is a sportscaster here, you forget she's a woman, although she's pretty cute and sexy.

Which female sports personality do you repect, if any?

Bugman

EOG Dedicated
Re: Do you have a hard time respecting a female sports opinion , because of gender?

Not at all. A person is either right or wrong, & either knowledgeble or not. Gender plays no role in my mind.

Case in point,the biggest idiot/least knowledgeable person here is a slightly-overweight guy from Chicago.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Do you have a hard time respecting a female sports opinion , because of gender?

I can't wait to see the 1st poster to piss off MoFome since he used to date Pam Ward on ESPN

Not at all. A person is either right or wrong, & either knowledgeble or not. Gender plays no role in my mind.

Case in point,the biggest idiot/least knowledgeable person here is a slightly-overweight guy from Chicago.

Is Jay Mariotti seriously an EOG poster now?

Give me his SN, I am going to trash every thread he is in

Journeyman

EOG Master

Case in point,the biggest idiot here is a slightly-overweight guy from Chicago.

Not sure who that is but, I hear you on the opinions....

I think though maybe hearing a woman talk about sports for the first time or two most wouldn't take much notice...once you get more familiar it's not very hard to figure out.

Whether it be a poster or a radio show or TV, when it comes to sports, a female is going to have a harder time getting respect , at least at first.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I can't wait to see the 1st poster to piss off MoFome since he used to date Pam Ward on ESPN

Pam Ward use to do a great job calling those Indiana vs Northwestern football games that were never interesting....

bland city! oij213490

Not sure who that is but, I hear you on the opinions....

I think though maybe hearing a woman talk about sports for the first time or two most wouldn't take much notice...once you get more familiar it's not very hard to figure out.

Whether it be a poster or a radio show or TV, when it comes to sports, a female is going to have a harder time getting respect , at least at first.

Ya right. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Journeyman:

Pam Ward calling play by play is similar to sitting on the shitter after a
period of "less than grade A" consumption ...

its a long grind and you are begging for a quick exit

I love women. 12io4j2w90

But they dont love me back.

Maybee because I dont respect them. :+clueless

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Smithton:

Dangerfield said it best

THE 8 SECONDS OF PLEASURE AIN'T WORTH THE 8 HRS OF BULLSHIT

My sister probably knows more about sports than most on here. A few posters have met her. She's a huge ND football fan and UNC basketball fan. Sent me a three page email detailing the coaching errors in the UNC-BC game. She was not happy. We Doberman's tend to write a lot.

She also won her fantasy football league like three years in a row. Alas, she's not the best handicapper in the family though.

And your thoughts on this, Sunshine? :+textinb3

First, i'd like to know who the female sportscaster is? I didn't know there was another "professional" here besides me.

I think anyone, male or female, who talks about sports as if they really know about it, but through their words you discover that they don't, is a little annoying.

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

I think anyone, male or female, who talks about sports as if they really know about it, but through their words you discover that they don't, is a little annoying.

Bingo ! Very well said, you really are a professional wordsmith. 12io4j2w90

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

First, i'd like to know what a female sportscaster is? I didn't know there were any "professionals" here.

I think anyone, only female, who talks about sports as if they really know about it, but through their words you discover that they don't, is a little annoying, especially female posters here at EOG who cut and paste sports columns.

We still love you anyway Ms Sportsgirl.

this is absolutely true. When I started writing sports, interviewing the coaches/players after games was the worst part - until they got to know me.

Females have sports opinions???

I've never paid attention to one!

Journeyman

EOG Master

First, i'd like to know who the female sportscaster is? I didn't know there was another "professional" here besides me.

The sportscaster doesn't post here.

Whenever that big Dyke does the broadcast on an ESPN game, I always mute it and look for an online radio feed. She just annoys the fuck out of me.

Not at all.....as long as they aren't a stiff

:newsmile055:

munson15

I want winners...

As long as they lead with their knowledge and not their gender, np. For some reason
I don't care for female play-by-players, though. If Sporty ever got hired to do games, I'm sure I'd change my opinion.

Michele Tafoya is one of the smartest and best sports journalists I have ever listened to.

Jackie MacMullan does a terrific job covering the NBA.

The only thing I'm interested in a female telling me is if she's on the pill.

As long as they lead with their knowledge and not their gender, np. For some reason
I don't care for female play-by-players, though. If Sporty ever got hired to do games, I'm sure I'd change my opinion.
Thanks, Munson. You are a sweetheart and always show such class - so much the opposite of some guys who post here.

How are you feeling?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Michele Tafoya is one of the smartest and best sports journalists I have ever listened to.

Jackie MacMullan does a terrific job covering the NBA.

good point about Jackie!

I barely recognized you!

good to see u:thumbsup

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks, Munson. You are a sweetheart and always show such class - so much the opposite of some guys who post here.

How are you feeling?
The meds are really wearing me out, Sporty. I couldn't even stay up for the 2nd half last night, and I REALLY wanted to.:devil: But overall, I can't wait to see my progress every day. It's like regaining the use of your legs, little by little. I don't have the energy to keep up with several threads like I should, too. The percoset makes me hit the wrong key quite a bit, lots of editing.:doh1Always great chatting with you Sporty, thanks for popping in.:cheers