Who are the legit MVP candidates in the NFL?

mofome

Banned
romo
jacobs
d williams
turner
warner
peterson
ware

i dont see any legit candidates from the afc at all really. down year for stars in that league. manning hasnt shined, no brady, favre has been good but not spectacular, the titans dont have anyone who sticks out, pitt has no single player you think of and neither does balt.

maybe ed reed.

Re: Who are the legit MVP candidates in the NFL?

James Harrison for Pitt.

Putting Romo on that list is ridiculous - he's more of a detriment to his team than an MVP.

mofome

Banned

that is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. really. i cant believe someone who watches football just made that comment, much less someone who writes about it. are you out of your mind? did you see dallas without him? what are you talking about?

i guess you've always got american idol.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

James Harrison for Pitt.

Putting Romo on that list is ridiculous - he's more of a detriment to his team than an MVP.

lmfao... did you see the boys play without him? i wouldn't vote him mvp but that is ridiculous.

peterson
warner
ware

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

mofome throwing a few haymakers at sportsgirl..this could get good...

that is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. really. i cant believe someone who watches football just made that comment, much less someone who writes about it. are you out of your mind? did you see dallas without him? what are you talking about?

i guess you've always got american idol.
There you go writing things I did not say. You are gifted at this. I never said Dallas was better without Romo, I said he was more of a detriment than an MVP. Meaning he's closer to being a detriment than he is close to being an MVP. He's nowhere near close to an MVP - and for someone who posts about and watches football as much as you do, I can't believe you actually put that clown on your MVP list.

lmfao... did you see the boys play without him? i wouldn't vote him mvp but that is ridiculous.
Once again, read what I wrote. He's closer to a detriment than an MVP. Totally different than saying the Cowboys are better without him. 12io4j2w90

Once again, read what I wrote. He's closer to a detriment than an MVP. Totally different than saying the Cowboys are better without him.

Oh please...:+peeing-5

The Cowboys were AWFUL when ROMO was OUT...

How can someone possibly state he is closer to a detriment than an MVP and be taken seriously? ::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::

soli

EOG Dedicated

Ware, Peterson or Turner....and I agree with Sportschick...Homo is good for the Cowboys but not an MVP.

Heatwave

EOG Enthusiast

Huge Cowboy fan checking in.

Romo has made his share of bad passes, but for every bad pass, he has made 2 or 3 fantastic plays that not too many other QB's can make. The problem is that Dallas' bad plays in general and especially Romo's, get over-scrutinized on SportsCenter and the media, and the good plays get looked past, except by those that watch the whole Cowboys game. Case in point, there was a play in yesterday's game where the exchange from center was botched. He somehow managed to pick the ball up, roll out, and throw an amazing touch pass to Witten over an outstretched arm. It was a 4 yard gain in the statbook, but most other QB's could not have made that play.

He deserves to be mentioned as an MVP candidate, because he is definitely the most valuable player to this team. They would be about 5-11 without him. The other MVP candidate on this team is a guy that most haven't even heard of....Jay Ratliff the nose tackle. He has been dominant all season long.

The reason this comment was made is because he threw a bad pass against the favorite team of the author that cost them that game. He was detrimental on that play in that game. He did not play well at all in Pittsburgh, but to call his overall play more detrimental....is simply uninformed.

HW

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Romo has made his share of bad passes, but for every bad pass, he has made 2 or 3 fantastic plays that not too many other QB's can make. The problem is that Dallas' bad plays in general and especially Romo's, get over-scrutinized on SportsCenter and the media, and the good plays get looked past, except by those that watch the whole Cowboys game. Case in point, there was a play in yesterday's game where the exchange from center was botched. He somehow managed to pick the ball up, roll out, and throw an amazing touch pass to Witten over an outstretched arm. It was a 4 yard gain in the statbook, but most other QB's could not have made that play.

He deserves to be mentioned as an MVP candidate, because he is definitely the most valuable player to this team. They would be about 5-11 without him. The other MVP candidate on this team is a guy that most haven't even heard of....Jay Ratliff the nose tackle. He has been dominant all season long.

The reason this comment was made is because he threw a bad pass against the favorite team of the author that cost them that game. He was detrimental on that play in that game. He did not play well at all in Pittsburgh, but to call his overall play more detrimental....is simply uninformed.

HW

:cheers

only thing i might disagree with is i don't know if they could win 5 without him at qb.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Peyton Manning. He isn't on that field that teams may have 3 or 4 wins. And now you look up and they are 10-4. Hasn't been easy for him to will them to wins either. Wides are slowing down, banged up line, etc. Props to manning, even though I don't care for him or them.

mofome

Banned

There you go writing things I did not say. You are gifted at this. I never said Dallas was better without Romo, I said he was more of a detriment than an MVP. Meaning he's closer to being a detriment than he is close to being an MVP. He's nowhere near close to an MVP - and for someone who posts about and watches football as much as you do, I can't believe you actually put that clown on your MVP list.

dont be silly. believe it or not, what you wrote was not all that hard to follow. what you wrote is absolutely ridiculous. without him they are a terrible football team. with him the are a superbowl contender. what do you not get? there are no codes to crack here, its pretty simple. you calling him a 'clown' laughable, to say the least. hes 20 times better than your buddy big ben and he is the reason his team will make the playoffs. he is the reason people respect their oline. he is able to make plays out of nothing. he is a great, great player.

when does american idol start anyway? looks like you've already cashed it in for this nfl season, maybe you could write up a preview of that or, perhaps, give us the low down on adopting a puppy. you know, things you seem to have a grasp on.

mofome

Banned

HW

witten took blame for the int, that ends that.

as for ratliff, i would assume sportsgirl hasnt heard of him, but i dont think its safe to assume that most here have not. best 3-4 dt in the league.

It's funny how when people are wrong they find other things to bring up and pick on a person about. Nice low blows on puppy adopting and american Idol - you sound a lot like my husband.

mofome

Banned

Ware, Peterson or Turner....and I agree with Sportschick...Homo is good for the Cowboys but not an MVP.

she said he hurts them more than he helps them. you agree with that? i dont believe that you do.

Heatwave

EOG Enthusiast

I would love to hear how he is more detrimental - and we can't use the off the field stuff like the Jessica Simpson trip to Mexico. Just on field stuff only. Objective opinions are good, just back it up now with something.

Royboy is right, 5 wins may be pushing it.

And Peyton Manning has grasped victory from defeat a few times this season, he should also be considered.

I also believe Matt Ryan is as good as he is because of Michael Turner. Without Turner, not sure Atlanta wins 6 or 7.

HW

mofome

Banned

It's funny how when people are wrong they find other things to bring up and pick on a person about. Nice low blows on puppy adopting and american Idol - you sound a lot like my husband.

Wrong? thats comical, you are so wrong that its almost funny. What you dont get? im not sure. You being correct on this matter is not something that any football fan agrees with, but if you're close minded enough to think you're right and everyone else is wrong, then go on ahead.

low blows? those are things you are actually good with. you take it as a criticism, thats fine. then you attempt to go with the ultimate low blow and compare me to your worthless sack of shit husband. i'll keep that in mind, oh spineless one.

12io4j2w90

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Good topic, let's get it back on track. Romo is a good quarterback and belongs on the list of candidates.

mofome

Banned

Good topic, let's get it back on track. Romo is a good quarterback and belongs on the list of candidates.

he probably makes a larger positive impact on his team than anyone in the league. seems as if he may be a decent candidate. the proof is there, we have seen them with romo, we have seen them without romo. unclear as to how anyone could leave him off the list. perhaps people dont know what MVP stands for.

Heatwave

EOG Enthusiast

I'll throw one out there - just to see what people say. Disclaimer, I don't think this guy is the MVP, nor do I think he wins, but I just want to see what people think.

Plaxico Burress

I have seen 2 full Giant games this year, and parts of others. This Giants team looked lost offensively last night without him.

I saw Jacobs on the original list and didn't agree, but the more I think about it, he may have had a lot to do with the lack of offense by the Giants as well.

HW

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I'll throw one out there - just to see what people say. Disclaimer, I don't think this guy is the MVP, nor do I think he wins, but I just want to see what people think.

Plaxico Burress

I have seen 2 full Giant games this year, and parts of others. This Giants team looked lost offensively last night without him.

I saw Jacobs on the original list and didn't agree, but the more I think about it, he may have had a lot to do with the lack of offense by the Giants.

HW

Not saying this topic belongs in the MVP candidates thread, but it is an interesting one. Just he explosive down the field ability makes the safety on that side bracket him to an extent, creating one less guy to come up and play the powerful run game the giants have, which is very important.

mofome

Banned

im not heated up at all. if im going to make a post and someone is going to come on and call my opinion ridiculous then oij213490

as for plax or jacobs, i think jacobs is the more valuable player. this team thrives on the ability to keep teams concerned about the run, he is their biggest threat on the ground by far. i love his game, not sure why he doesnt get even more chances than he does.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

James Harrison for Pitt.

I actually agree with this... Harrison has to be in the discussion at least. He wont win but hes worth mentioning for sure

mo - going after sg's husband was crossing the line.

sg - you can't be serious when you call romo a "clown." he is the 2nd highest rated passer...without romo, dallas is bad. with him, they are great. you can't honestly say you think romo is more of a detriment than he is a mvp? c'mon, sg...u can admit you were wrong....it's fine. we'll still love ya!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

romo
jacobs
d williams
turner
warner
peterson
ware

i dont see any legit candidates from the afc at all really. down year for stars in that league. manning hasnt shined, no brady, favre has been good but not spectacular, the titans dont have anyone who sticks out, pitt has no single player you think of and neither does balt.

maybe ed reed.

no romo.

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

Chad Pennington has to be considered an MVP. While his stats aren't ground breaking like others, theres a good chance the Dolphins are sitting at 3-5 wins without him, instead of the 11 wins we will have after we beat the chiefs and the OVVVERRRATEDDD jets...

Its funny, I used to hate Chad Pennington so much when he was on the Jets. Now I love him more than anything.

Some people just lead teams. Chad's a leader and should be considered an MVP.