WHY ARE THE CHARGERS 10 POINT FAVORITES OVER ANYONE?

The Chargers got exposed as frauds once again this past Sunday when they lost at HOME to the Falcons...

Why on earth are they favored by 10 over anyone, much less a rival of theirs, the Raiders? :+clueless

If this line doesn't close lower, I will eat crow...

THE SHRINK

ballwonder

EOG Master
Re: WHY ARE THE CHARGERS 10 POINT FAVORITES OVER ANYONE?

The raiders...........simple as that............they will destroy them.

As they say in sports gambling, "if it looks too good to be true, it isn't."

ballwonder

EOG Master

Oh please...

The Chargers are awful...

Chargers are not awful shrink. It's the coach that is awful. This team needs a coach like Shotty back that gives them that smash mouth swager again. They will get up for this game and smash them.

They've lost 2 consecutive Home Games to the likes of the Colts and the Falcons...

Why would you think they can destroy anyone? :+clueless

They are 4-8...

They play in one of the weakest divisions in the NFL...

They've only won 1 game since Oct 12th and that was against the Chiefs at Home by 1 point...

They've lost 6 out of their last 7..

That's why they are awful, imho...

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Colts and Falcons are both decent playoff bound teams. The raiders are god awful. Tomlinson usually destroys the raiders as well.

covers.com shows this game opened at 7.5 on Sunday, and jumped to 10 points in 70 minutes. This information might be useful in your handicapping.

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Raiders in a teaser might be the play.

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

I will be on the Chargers, they win by 2 touchdowns.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Chargers are awful. They have given up on the season and worse they have no sense of direction.

I always worry that the average NFL player has a "sense of direction."

Boognish

EOG Enthusiast

Oakland defense is better then SD's no question, big day from Fargus and DMC, Raiders keep it close and maybe pull out a victory. SD is done.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The Chargers got exposed as frauds once again this past Sunday when they lost at HOME to the Falcons...

Why on earth are they favored by 10 over anyone, much less a rival of theirs, the Raiders? :+clueless

THE SHRINK

This line looks TOO easy for Oakland. Why would the Chargers even give full effort, last week sealed their fate, that game eliminated them from playoff contention for the most part.

Oakland, also, seems to play better on the road than at home. Spirited efforts from the Raiders in Miami and in Denver prove that.

one poster in another thread made an interesting point about the Bolts, he said that they seem to play to the level of the competition....which if true, isn't a good thing if you have to cover a 10 point spread.

Could there possibly be any pro gambler who is laying 10 points with this Norv Turner coached team who has basically quit on the season?

I guess there could be, but you might have to search far and wide to find one.

ballwonder

EOG Master

I will be on the Chargers, they win by 2 touchdowns.

Could not agree more. Shrink I told Jman the other day, the first game of the season when Carolina beat them on the last play of the game it was a back breaker. I honestly think that did them in that early. It is their coach that has been the problem. When Norv was with the skins he was horrible. Division rivals I agree would play a close game, however they beat them by ten in Oaktown and I think Rivers and company stand up and make this their "superbowl" as everyone likes to say against their division rival and on national t.v. JMO

Chargers 34
Raiders 13

High Times

EOG Master

Rivers is a bigger reason that the Chargers are horrible and like I have said for a while "The Chargers will never win anything with Rivers at QB."

Yes Norv isn't a great coach, but he has nothing to work with at QB.

If Rivers was even an average QB don't you think He would have this offense working? Rivers is responsible for changing the plays if they obviously won't work. Way too many QB's get excused for not being able to audible.

That is what makes great QB's and Rivers does not have it! In fact He's not close. All the stats mean nothing, just like with McNabb.

Chargers lines have been over-inflated with the California bias and the "this team can't possibly keep losing" bias. They will still get a lot of action at -10.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

This will be a home game for the Raiders. There will be more Raiders fans in Qualcom Stadium than Chargers fans.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

This will be a home game for the Raiders. There will be more Raiders fans in Qualcom Stadium than Chargers fans.

ok, lets not get carried away.

I went to the Charger-Pats playoff game a few years ago and i was convinced that i was going to be overwhelmed with patriot scum, but to my delight i was not. Charger fans drowned out the pats scum 1,000 to 1 ratio..........im not worried that bolt fans will hold their own in this game.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

ok, lets not get carried away.

I went to the Charger-Pats playoff game a few years ago and i was convinced that i was going to be overwhelmed with patriot scum, but to my delight i was not. Charger fans drowned out the pats scum 1,000 to 1 ratio..........im not worried that bolt fans will hold their own in this game.
I am not getting carried away. I am telling you the truth. I live in San Diego and I go to the Chargers games. I go to the Chargers/Raiders game almost every year because my Dad is a Raiders fan.

The Chargers are done. Chargers fans also have givin up on this team. They will be selling their tickets on Ebay/Craigslist and all of the Raider fans who were not able to get tickets earlier in the season will be buying these tickets up and arriving in swarms from LA.

There is going to be a lot of Silver & Black in San Diego in 2 days.

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

THE SHRINK

:thumbsup

ballwonder

EOG Master

Could not agree more. Shrink I told Jman the other day, the first game of the season when Carolina beat them on the last play of the game it was a back breaker. I honestly think that did them in that early. It is their coach that has been the problem. When Norv was with the skins he was horrible. Division rivals I agree would play a close game, however they beat them by ten in Oaktown and I think Rivers and company stand up and make this their "superbowl" as everyone likes to say against their division rival and on national t.v. JMO

Chargers 34
Raiders 13

U got to admit I was close. Needed Tomlinson to have a better night for fantasy stats but I got 15 points out of him.

THE SHRINK

It looks like I get to eat surf and turf tonight baby...:party

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Sorry Shrink. That was very unimpressive. Anyone with half a brain knew that line was dropping. It would have been impressive if you said the line would drop but the smart play was to wait and take the Chargers. Seemed as if you liked the Raiders, no?