Refs got the call right. I don't know how many times that I have to say it................

Blacks don't know how to lateral. The first lateral was forward, play over. It is strange to review the last play of the game on something like this. The replay ref upstairs had to be on SD.

mofome

Banned
Re: Refs got the call right. I don't know how many times that I have to say it................

stop with this shit about 'blacks'. this shit doesnt belong on our main forum.

2938u4ji23

BarneyRubble

EOG Senior Member
Re: Refs got the call right. I don't know how many times that I have to say it................

Ive never seen a south korean do it right either

stop with this shit about 'blacks'. this shit doesnt belong on our main forum.

2938u4ji23
relax

Watched the replay many times. The first lateral was forwards.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

whats up with the racism posts Raiders??

Apple

Banned

I'm watching it now, the first pass wasn't blatantly forward.. It might of been forward but it was easy to tell..

Justice was served though from the refs.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

if it wasnt for negros, we wouldnt have football!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEDl-Wo0GeI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEDl-Wo0GeI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm watching it now, the first pass wasn't blatantly forward.. It might of been forward but it was easy to tell..

Justice was served though from the refs.
In slow mo easy to see. Live it looked much different.

Apple

Banned

raiders loves him some black booty..

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Even if it was forward the play continues. It is only ruled dead if the forward pass is dropped. The play continues, Steelers score a TD by declining the penalty.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

The best lateral I have ever seen was made by a black player named Randy Moss....

texansfan

EOG Master

Even if it was forward the play continues. It is only ruled dead if the forward pass is dropped. The play continues, Steelers score a TD by declining the penalty.

Yep. Even Collingsworth at halftime stated that the TD should have stood but that they won't overturn it. The ref screwed up.

If anyone sees the rule please post it. I was under the impression that the play is over on a forward lateral.

OK - Once it hits the ground the play is over is what I read elsewhere.

Journeyman

EOG Master

no, they got it wrong.

texansfan

EOG Master

They need to change the score, that's bullshit.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Bookie BFC said almost everyone had Pitt.

Wow - Tons of money switched hands on that call if it was blown.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I felt violated and had nothing on the game.

Reminding me of the FSU Fla game about 7 years back and Super Bowl XL.

That play was a forward pass beyond the line of scrimmage. I down't matter how it's thrown.

Apple

Banned

I felt violated and had nothing on the game.

Reminding me of the FSU Fla game about 7 years back and Super Bowl XL.

How about if you had SD and the play would of stood? You would of felt even more violated.

Like a shuttle pass when a QB just flips it forward. It's a pass. That play had two forward passes. Play over........You can throw it underhand, overhand or behind your back. If it goes forward then it's a pass.

Journeyman

EOG Master

How about if you had SD and the play would of stood? You would of felt even more violated.

Yeah it was bad either way man...

I would only care a lot if I had big money on it though...those two games I listed I had big money on...torturous losses!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Like a shuttle pass when a QB just flips it forward. It's a pass. That play had two forward passes. Play over........You can throw it underhand, overhand or behind your back. If it goes forward then it's a pass.

Not if he's past the line of scrimmage.

texansfan

EOG Master

Like a shuttle pass when a QB just flips it forward. It's a pass. That play had two forward passes. Play over.

You're wrong. It has already been stated that the refs screwed up the call and that the TD should have stood. The NFL has said they won't change the score though.

waco

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1719514 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>raiders72001<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1719514", true); </SCRIPT>
Project Manager

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1719514 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"><!-- icon and title --> Refs got the call right. I don't know how many times that I have to say it................
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Blacks don't know how to lateral. The first lateral was forward, play over. It is strange to review the last play of the game on something like this. The replay ref upstairs had to be on SD.

You are a sick man to bring race into this. One of these day you are going to say this to a wrong person and he is going to cut your balls off. you my friend need help. If it wasn't for the black man, you would not have your minimum paying job as a black project manager
<!-- / message --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not if he's past the line of scrimmage.
If you throw a pass to a guy 1/2 beyond the line of scrimmage then it's doesn't matter if the second guy then throws a bomb or a 1 yard pass after that. It's two forward passes.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

Blacks don't know how to lateral. The first lateral was forward, play over. It is strange to review the last play of the game on something like this. The replay ref upstairs had to be on SD.

spoken like a true "Joe 6 Pack" intellectual genius genius genius.

Journeyman

EOG Master

If you throw a pass to a guy 1/2 beyond the line of scrimmage then it's doesn't matter if the second guy then throws a bomb or a 1 yard pass after that. It's two forward passes.

NFL HAS ALREADY MADE AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT, THEY GOT THE PLAY WRONG!

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

every replay we see on tv announcers are always remindin viewers how important the call on the field is.... obviously the first lateral is very close but to say it was definitly forward is wrong. the call on the field is important for plays exactly like this one.

waco

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD id=cnnRecapStory>PITTSBURGH (AP) -The first 11-10 game in NFL history shouldn't have ended that way, referee Scott Green said after a last-minute touchdown was errantly taken away from the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.
The officiating mistake didn't affect the outcome since the Steelers still would have won, but the touchdown would have changed the score to 17-10 - or, more likely, 18-10, since the teams were lined up for an extra-point try that was never attempted.
<!-- ad football/ncaa/300x250 --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1>var dartval = "football_ncaa"; var re_teams = /(\/+football\/+ncaa\/+teams((\/)*(#.*)?|\/+index\.html.*))$/; if (window.location.toString().search(re_teams) > -1) dartval += "/team"; document.cnnAdInterstitial = ( document.cnnAdInterstitial == undefined ? "ist" : "" ); document.cnnAdTile = (document.cnnAdTile||0) + 1; document.cnnAdRandom = document.cnnAdRandom || Math.ceil(1+1E12*Math.random()); cnnad_createAd( dartval, "spt=football_ncaa;", 300, 250 );</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.1 src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/3475.si/football_nfl/gameflash/;spt=football_nfl;path=football;path=nfl;path=scoreboards;path=2008;path=11;path=16;file=3106_viewcast_recap_html;dcove=d;sz=300x250;dcopt=ist;ptile=1;ord=484104012455?"></SCRIPT><!-- Template Id = 796 Template Name = Flash Banner w/ Safecount UTAG - DFA --><!-- Copyright 2002 DoubleClick Inc., All rights reserved. --><SCRIPT src="http://m1.2mdn.net/879366/flashwrite_1_2.js"></SCRIPT><OBJECT id=FLASH_AD height=250 width=300 classid=clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>

<EMBED src="http://m1.2mdn.net/1980335/MOVIES2_300250_39k.swf?clickTag=http%3A//ad.doubleclick.net/click%253Bh%3Dv8/377b/3/0/%252a/d%253B208983223%253B4-0%253B0%253B30898170%253B4307-300/250%253B28891105/28908984/1%253B%253B%257Eokv%253D%253Bspt%253Dfootball_nfl%253Bpath%253Dfootball%253Bpath%253Dnfl%253Bpath%253Dscoreboards%253Bpath%253D2008%253Bpath%253D11%253Bpath%253D16%253Bfile%253D3106_viewcast_recap_html%253Bdcove%253Dd%253Bsz%253D300x250%253B%257Eaopt%253D0/ff/ff/ff%253B%257Efdr%253D208514149%253B0-0%253B0%253B25886671%253B4307-300/250%253B28995911/29013790/1%253B%253B%257Eokv%253D%253Bspt%253Dfootball_nfl%253Bpath%253Dfootball%253Bpath%253Dnfl%253Bpath%253Dscoreboards%253Bpath%253D2008%253Bpath%253D11%253Bpath%253D16%253Bfile%253D3106_viewcast_recap_html%253Bdcove%253Dd%253Bsz%253D300x250%253B%257Eaopt%253D3/1/ff/0%253B%257Esscs%253D%253fhttp%3A//search.aol.com/aol/search%3FinvocationType%3Dmcamp6_1%26query%3Dhigh+school+musical+3%26ncid%3Dbannadussear00000017" quality=autohigh swLiveConnect=TRUE WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="250" bgcolor=# wmode="opaque" allowScriptAccess=never TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" ></EMBED></OBJECT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://amch.questionmarket.com/adscgen/st.php?survey_num=500222&site=30898170&code=28891105&randnum=5848751"></SCRIPT><!-- Begin Interstitial Ad --> <!-- Casale Media: Pop Under --><SCRIPT src="http://as.casalemedia.com/s?s=99742&u=http%3A//sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/scoreboards/2008/11/16/3106_viewcast_recap.html&f=1&id=3885986944.039852" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><INPUT id=oV6 style="VISIBILITY: hidden; WIDTH: 0px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px" onchange=fV8(fV1,5,true)>
<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
On first-and-10 from San Diego's 21 with 5 seconds remaining, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers threw a short pass to LaDainian Tomlinson over the middle for 3 yards. Tomlinson turned and made a handoff-type lateral to wide receiver Chris Chambers , who attempted to pitch the ball to a teammate only to have safety Troy Polamalu scoop it up and score from the 12.
Both teams left the field on what looked to be a game-ending play, but were called back by the officials for the extra-point attempt. At that point, the replay official called for a review.
After watching the play, Green initially announced the ruling on the field was upheld and the touchdown counted. But the officiating crew huddled again before the extra-point attempt and changed the call, deciding that an illegal forward pass by Rivers should've ended the play.
Green, in a postgame interview with a pool reporter, said that call was errant - even though his explanation for the confusion was almost as confusing as the play itself.
''We should have let the play go through in the end, yes,'' Green said. ''It was misinterpreted that instead of killing the play, we should have let the play go through.''
Green said the confusion occurred because there was a misunderstanding about whether Rivers' pass or Tomlinson's lateral was in question.
''The first pass was the one that was illegal, but it only kills the play if it hits the ground,'' Green said. ''That was incorrect to have killed it at that point. The ruling should have let the play go on. That's just the way that it played out. We believe the second pass (by Tomlinson) was legal.''
Green was asked why, since the first pass by Rivers did not hit the ground, the officials decided after huddling that the play should have ended there.
''We didn't kill it on the field,'' Green said. ''After (the) discussion we decided ... there was some confusion over which pass we were talking about and it was decided that it was the second pass that was illegal that did hit the ground and therefore we killed the play there.''
However, the officials realized afterward they erred.
''I know,'' Green said. ''The rule was misinterpreted.''
Asked about the officiating - the Steelers drew 115 yards in penalties to the Chargers' 5 - Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin declined to comment.
''No, I have never seen a game ended with 13-to-1 in penalties, but I am not answering questions about the officiating,'' Tomlin said.
The call affected betting on the game since the Steelers were 5-point favorites and would have covered if the touchdown counted.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- Game recap block ends here --></P>

REFEREE ADMITS ERROR AT END OF CHARGERS-STEELERS GAME

Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2008, 10:01 p.m. EST
We?re going to defer the full-blown explanation of the events of the final play of the Chargers-Steelers game and the provisions of the rule book that apply to the situation to the SportingNews.com Ten-Pack on which we?re currently laboring. (Writing words is hard work; please pity me.)
For now, though, the news is that referee Scott Green admitted after the game that the Steelers should have been given credit for the touchdown that safety Troy Polamalu scored as time expired.
Via a lengthy replay review and conference, Green givethed a touchdown to the Steelers, and then takethed it away, claiming that an illegal forward pass that happened during the play requiring the officials to kill the play then and there.
?The rule was misinterpreted,? Green said. ?We should have let the play go through in the end, yes. It was misinterpreted that instead of killing the play we should have let the play go through.?
Bottom line? Anyone who took the Chargers and the points is very happy. And anyone who took the Steelers and gave the points is peee-issed.