LOL How many of these 'hot coordinator's have panned out as Head Football Coaches?

Journeyman

EOG Master
This has been the trendy thing to do , especially over the past decade .

of course at one point all coaches are assistants or coordinators at some time....but over the past decade especially, we've seen this much more.

There was a time when the NFL head coaches would get fired, resurface somewhere else, it was much harder for a young guy to land the head job, NFL head coaches changed jobs, hired and fired and hired again much like the NBA, not that way anymore...

A coordinator gets hot and he's a 'hot item' that next off season, more often than not though these have been awful hires.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: LOL How many of these 'hot coordinator's have panned out as Head Football Coaches?

We are gonna find out in dall next year with Garrett taking over the reigns.

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: LOL How many of these 'hot coordinator's have panned out as Head Football Coaches?

Charlie Weis, cashed in his Patriots offensive genius fame for Touchdown Jesus!

Jesus isn't getting in the endzone nearly enough for this hire!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Romeo Crennel, he wasn't the new hot wiz kid but Crennel also cashed in on the Patriots success and has been horrible as head coach.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Bengals Marvin Lewis

The best example of them all....he should give Ray Lewis 50% of his salary.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Cam Cameron, was the hot guy after catching lightning in a bottle with Ladanian Tomlinson at SD.

One and done in Miami.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Brian Billick, self proclaimed offensive genius could never figure it out in Baltimore.

Buddy Ryan 2938u4ji23

d ray

EOG Dedicated

where do you think most of the head coaches come from?

for every bad one you could find a great one.

the majority of head coaches started as assistants, so I don't really see you logic here...

Journeyman

EOG Master

where do you think most of the head coaches come from?

for every bad one you could find a great one.

the majority of head coaches started as assistants, so I don't really see you logic here...

of course they all come from being assistants (I just said that), but this new trend to find the hot young offensive or defenisve genius has not panned out for many of these teams ...this is a more recent NFL trend.

texansfan

EOG Master

Brian Billick, self proclaimed offensive genius could never figure it out in Baltimore.

Did Billick ever have a decent QB? I wonder how he would have done with this Flacco kid. Oh well, at least he gave Baltimore a SB win...

Harder finding hot college coaches who went on to NFL success.

90% of the Bill Walsh disciples seemed to do all right.

:+clueless I thought the point of the sport was to win the Superbowl? If I remember correctly he did that.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Did Billick ever have a decent QB? I wonder how he would have done with this Flacco kid. Oh well, at least he gave Baltimore a SB win...

Well, the thing is Billick was the one drafting these QBs that never made it. First Chris Redman than Boller.

Billick was a very good talker and a really good in game coach who knew how to manage a game, never could get it done on offense.

No matter how much he would tell everyone "this season will be different", "we're opening up the playbook", same old thing 'field goals'.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Bengals Marvin Lewis

The best example of them all....he should give Ray Lewis 50% of his salary.

I think Lewis is a good coach in a bad situation. The owner of the team has created this 'culture' there and Lewis can't do anything about it. He's doing well in a horrible situation. Too many 'me me me' players on that team and not enough team play.

Journeyman

EOG Master

:+clueless I thought the point of the sport was to win the Superbowl? If I remember correctly he did that.

He inherited one of the best defenses to ever play, he was an offensive genius who did nothing on offense the entire time he was head coach.

How's Brett Favre doing? :rolleyes:

texansfan

EOG Master

I think there are many coaches who do a better job as coordinaters than head coaches.

Hes on pace to win me $300 from ballwonder for throwing over 16 Ints! Thanks for asking I almost forgot about that! Easy $$$$$$$$

Journeyman

EOG Master

I think there are many coaches who do a better job as coordinaters than head coaches.

This is basically my point...the hot coordinator means nothing when it comes to being head coach.

texansfan

EOG Master

This is basically my point...the hot coordinator means nothing when it comes to being head coach.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think Kubiak is all that great as a head coach.

He inherited one of the best defenses to ever play, he was an offensive genius who did nothing on offense the entire time he was head coach.

How's Brett Favre doing? :rolleyes:

Again thanks a lot man for reminding me about that Favre bet. Did I peg that or what?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Again thanks a lot man for reminding me about that Favre bet. Did I peg that or what?

You didnt peg shit, you said GB was better off with Rodgers. Nice to see you back after that US Open beatdown, pay closer attn to who knows what next time.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yeah, I agree. I don't think Kubiak is all that great as a head coach.

Kubiak was another one , everyone wanted him , Texans are atleast playing respectably now.

NFL is so different from MLB with coaching hires, they throw all this money at unproven leadership and more often than not it's a bad move and a waste of money.

There are very few worth the money.

PROFESSOR

EOG Dedicated

dave wannstedt and norv turner

You didnt peg shit, you said GB was better off with Rodgers. Nice to see you back after that US Open beatdown, pay closer attn to who knows what next time.

Arent they Dumbass? Look at the stats dipshit. Shows how much football knowledge you have. You think Favre would make a difference in GB hahahaha Jman looks like a fucking idiot for forgetting billick won a superbowl! And if you say you didnt forget then you just had probably one of the most morinic statements off all time by saying "he never got it done". I will let you decide Idiot.

Last edited:

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yeah I forgot Billick won a Super Bowl, I live in Maryland you clown.

That's why I have been as high as # 3 in the college football contest and in the top 10 in the NFL contest and have won large NFL handicapping contest in the past .

O.K. so you decided it was just one of the most moronic statements of all time. Nice pick.