1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast
Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State

Exactly. UF and Bama can hang with anyone. UGA is pretty good but other than that the SEC is way down to what is has been in the past.

i concur with that. 2 Solid, but not "Great" teams doesn't make a whole conference good.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1659247 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 10-31-08, 12:00 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #42 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>5 star bomb<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1659247", true); </SCRIPT>
Posting Legend

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1659247 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"><!-- icon and title --> Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Archie you are scared... I exposed you
<!-- / message --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party:party

Scared? Of what? You? The only thing about you'd I'd be scared of is trying to collect a bet given your past payment history. I'll take whoever Penn St plays in the BCS title game. How's that? Problem is, Penn St won't get there but if they do I'll take the opposite side, Bitch.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

no... you take1 team and i take 1 team.... My team is Penn St. Now who are you picking? Otherwise dont bother replying if your going to back down

High Times

EOG Master

penn state will end the season with maybe 1 win over a ranked team. get them the fuck outta here. you beat 1 ranked team (maybe) and you get a shot at the title? na.

Alabama and Florida have played only 1 top 30 team so far this year. Alabama and Florida both should be undefeated just like Penn State. Only Texas and Oklahoma has played a tough schedule when you are talking about the top 10 teams.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1659301" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>5 star bomb</TD><TD class=alt1>Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>no... you take1 team and i take 1 team.... My team is Penn St. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm taking whoever Penn ST might play if they get lucky enough for the voters to think the POS 10 is worthy of getting a team into the BCS title game. If you don't have any faith just say so. it's alright to be scared, you should be. If those clowns played in the Big 12 or Sec they might not make a bowl. The POS 10 sucks. Period. I hope they get to play USC in the Rose Bowl so USC could kick the shit out of 2 teams from that conf this year instead of just one. What's the big deal? You'll just make up another posting handle and be back in 5 minutes anyway. :finger004

mofome

Banned

The Big 12 looks good because they get fat on OOC conference cupcakes. There are a couple of good teams there, but teams like Texas Tech and Kansas have played who again? E. Wash (1-AA), SMU (1-8), Nevada (4-4) UMASS (1-AA), FIU (3-4) La Tech (3-4) S. Florida ( 6-2, Lost that one) Sam Houston State (1-AA). There are more 1-AA teams there then teams with winning records. If they had to play a real OOC, they would look much worse.

The big 12 is just good. more nfl prospects in the sec and big-12 than other conferences. people can try to talk up other conferences but the fact is no conferencs are close to the sec/big-12.

mofome

Banned

When are you SEC fans gonna get off your high horse? just cause you had a good conference the last 2 years doesnt make you good this year. SEC isn't that great this year, face it .

face it? the sec will send more players to the nfl, by far, than anyone else from its current rosters. the sec has the best coaches and the toughest venues to win at. the sec is, without question, one of the best two conferences in the nation. without any question at all. instead of someone getting off a horse, why don't you educate yourself a bit more on the game. its not a horse, its just a fact.

big ten is a great fball conf.. always has been and it always will be

Yes, it is a great football conference and there a great smash mouth games. But right now the Big 10 is a step behind the SEC and Big 12.

mofome

Banned

Alabama and Florida have played only 1 top 30 team so far this year. Alabama and Florida both should be undefeated just like Penn State. Only Texas and Oklahoma has played a tough schedule when you are talking about the top 10 teams.

so far. that will change. nothing will change for fla. its about an entire season, dear.

mofome

Banned

there isn't a poster here that would take psu pk -108 in a bowl game vs usc, tx, or fla.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

At least 10 teams more deserving than PSU right now!

See I can deal with comments and opinions, but it's shit like this that gets me going. That's JUST WRONG! If you lose to Ole Miss you aren't more deserving. If you lose to Oregon State you aren't more deserving. You NEED to win the game to earn the shot. You need to beat people you're supposed to beat.

I'm not arguing that PSU is the best team in America, but there are only two teams more deserving than them right now and it's Bama and Texas.

You can't lose games to bad teams and then be more deserving to a team that doesn't lose to bad teams.

PSU will not, I repeat will not, get blown out or beaten badly in any bowl game they play in. If they're line is 7 or higher it will be my biggest play of the year. That coaching staff is too good.

I can understand people being mad about the Big Ten being down, but why is USC not abused for being in a lesser conference than the Big Ten? Why are they so great? Because rivals.com recruiting rankings said so?

yes but we dont have a playoff. what we do have are two conferences that are much better than every other conference. those conferences also have title games. those title games should be treated like a final 4.
they don't play defense in the big 12
that's half the game when you get out of that wac/nba bullshit they play

put your money where you mouth is come showtime
bet against penn state
put a mortgage payment on it
go ahead

i'm like 14-2 this month
even bet small on a total cause ray said so and it looked good
i never bet totals though
that's for pussies
under tonight

do you really think one half of football bama will be favored over penn state?
by the oddsmakers

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

<table class="tborder" id="post1659155" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 10-30-08, 11:26 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></td><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #33 </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175">valdosta<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1659155", true); </script>
Pugilistic professor

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1659155" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"><!-- icon and title --> Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Originally Posted by ArchieBunker
5 star,

As soon as I decide I'll let you know. But does this mean you don't have that much faith in Penn ST after all?

<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" colspan="2">10-30-08 10:55 PM</td></tr><tr title="Post 1659042" valign="top"><td class="alt2" width="125" align="middle">5 star bomb</td><td class="alt1">Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94); background-color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1">Penn St will win it all this year </td></tr></tbody></table>

If you really believed this bullshit you'd just say yes to my original bet.

</td></tr></tbody></table>
No he wouldn't because it's a bet that puts him at a disadvantage. Any half intelligent gambler isn't taking that bet

Who said 5 star was intelligent?

<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" colspan="2">10-30-08 11:25 PM</td></tr><tr title="Post 1659150" valign="top"><td class="alt2" width="125" align="middle">5 star bomb</td><td class="alt1">Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94); background-color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1">Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Originally Posted by ArchieBunker
5 star,

As soon as I decide I'll let you know. But does this mean you don't have that much faith in Penn ST after all?

<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" colspan="2">10-30-08 10:55 PM</td></tr><tr title="Post 1659042" valign="top"><td class="alt2" width="125" align="middle">5 star bomb</td><td class="alt1">Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94); background-color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1">Penn St will win it all this year </td></tr></tbody></table>

as soon as you decide? No I need an answer tonight otherwise the bets off... I am picking my team. Penn St, now who do you want? Unless you are pussying out of the bet? </td></tr></tbody></table>

I wasn't the idiot that stated Penn St would win it all. You did. Are you pussying out of that position? If so, just say you don't think they'll win it all.

May I ask why that makes him an idiot. They have the easiest road to stay undefeated and in one game anything can happen. They have EASILY the best chance to win the title this year over any other team in America. EASILY!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

so far. that will change. nothing will change for fla. its about an entire season, dear.

Yeah and so far PSU is undefeated and Florida isn't. Either is USC. They have played a weak schedule as well and those teams aren't undefeated to this point. PSU has done what they had to do and Florida and USC simply haven't.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

there isn't a poster here that would take psu pk -108 in a bowl game vs usc, tx, or fla.

I'd take PSU in a pickum against USC any day of the week. I wouldn't against Texas and not sure about Florida. Texas is better than PSU, but PSU is a better coached team and presents Texas with match up problems. PSU can beat any team ranked in the top 10 right now.

When are you SEC fans gonna get off your high horse? just cause you had a good conference the last 2 years doesnt make you good this year. SEC isn't that great this year, face it .
SEC=assemble fast black guys and put a helmet on them
unless you have the QB you won't win the big game

unless you just maul the op offense
and you need 2-3 NFL high round draft picks to pull that trick w/o a QB

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

PSU is a complete football team. Offensively and defensively they rank in the top of the nation. Florida and USC easily should because of their schedule but they don't rank as high as PSU in those categories.

PSU has speed and they can knock you in the mouth. They can beat you in a 49-42 game and in a 13-6 game. I'm not sure any team in the Big 12, outside of Texas, can do that.

PSU is better than USC. I don't care about talent, via Rivals.com, because Talent isn't all that matters in college football. If it was then USC would win every year and they don't. PSU doesn't commit penalties and they don't turn the ball over. That spells success.

They are a smart and disciplined football team. Are they the most talented team in college football? Hell no, but are they complete? Hell yes. They have arguably the best kicker in college football, the best return man in college football (arguably) and one of the best punters in college football. They have a smart quarterback that can run and pass and a veteran offensive line that can contain any D-Line in college football. They have a terrific defensive line as well. There isn't one team in college football that has a better combination of offensive and defensive lines. NOT ONE.

A smart team that doesn't commit penalties or turn the ball over, with great play between the trenches has a chance in any game.

PSU is the most complete team in the nation. That doesn't mean they're the best though.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

PSU will be in the national title game and will put up a much better fight than the buckeyes the past couple years...

<table class="tborder" id="post1659155" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 10-30-08, 11:26 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></td><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #33 </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175">valdosta<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1659155", true); </script>
Pugilistic professor

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1659155" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"><!-- icon and title --> Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
5 star,

No he wouldn't because it's a bet that puts him at a disadvantage. Any half intelligent gambler isn't taking that bet

Who said 5 star was intelligent?

<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" colspan="2">10-30-08 11:25 PM</td></tr><tr title="Post 1659150" valign="top"><td class="alt2" width="125" align="middle">5 star bomb</td><td class="alt1">Re: 1 loss SEC & 1 Loss big-12 > Penn State
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94); background-color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1">Quote:
5 star,

as soon as you decide? No I need an answer tonight otherwise the bets off... I am picking my team. Penn St, now who do you want? Unless you are pussying out of the bet? </td></tr></tbody></table>

I wasn't the idiot that stated Penn St would win it all. You did. Are you pussying out of that position? If so, just say you don't think they'll win it all.
I'll take the bet
I have PSU and you can have every other team
if penn state wins the championship
you get the fuvck out of here
if they don't I will

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'm a very realistic person and I try to watch every game without a bias. I understand that PSU isn't the most talented, but I also understand that the style of football they play usually amounts to wins in big games.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'll take the bet
I have PSU and you can have every other team
if penn state wins the championship
you get the fuvck out of here
if they don't I will

That's a dumb wager Spartacus. PSU will be a dog in the title game and they aren't good enough to make a wager like that. PSU is a very underrated team because of what OSU did the past two years, but they are not easily better than any team they will play. Stick around, I like some of your insight. Don't let your blinders lead you to stupid plays like that.

I would
penn state under paterno has a long history of doing exceptionally well in bowl games
23-10
many wins as underdogs
virtually no losses as favorites
'79 sugar bowl being the exception

That's a dumb wager Spartacus. PSU will be a dog in the title game and they aren't good enough to make a wager like that. PSU is a very underrated team because of what OSU did the past two years, but they are not easily better than any team they will play. Stick around, I like some of your insight. Don't let your blinders lead you to stupid plays like that.
what do I lose?
PSU is listed at 2-1 to win the title at this point
respect the oddsmakers
many of you don't and you lose

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

what do I lose?
PSU is listed at 2-1 to win the title at this point
respect the oddsmakers
many of you don't and you lose

That's because they have the easiest trip to the game and that makes them the most likely team to be there. Those odds are set for the most likely team to get there, not the most likely to win it.