Best Damn Capper Challenge! ... Howling Wolf vs Ultimate Selector! .. Wed .. 10-29-08

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member
Re: Best Damn Capper Challenge! ... Howling Wolf vs Ultimate Selector! .. Wed .. 10-29-08

21st Pick:

Race 9 Hawthorne #10 at 5/1

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member
Re: Best Damn Capper Challenge! ... Howling Wolf vs Ultimate Selector! .. Wed .. 10-29-08

22nd Pick:

Race 7 Hollywood Park #5 at 15/1

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member

23rd Pick:

Race 7 Golden Gate #7 at 3/1

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member

24th Pick:

Race 8 Hollywood Park #3 at 4/1

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member

25th Pick:

Race 8 Golden Gate #4 at 5/2

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Howlingwolfrc
15th Pick:

Race 9 Laurel Park #3 at 2/1

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
I'm sorry Howling Wolf but there is No 9th race at Laurel today!

We need a ruling by the officials here ...

That race was ran outside North American tracks ...

I believe that is a Chile track in San Isadoro!

Please rule on this Chack or Junk! ..

Thanks! ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Junk,

B4 I make my last play here, what is the ruling going to be on this situation?

Let me know .... :pop:

Thanks!

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY><TR> <TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset"> Originally Posted by Howlingwolfrc
15th Pick:

Race 9 Laurel Park #3 at 2/1

</TD> </TR> </TBODY></TABLE>
I'm sorry Howling Wolf but there is No 9th race at Laurel today!

We need a ruling by the officials here ...

That race was ran outside North American tracks ...

I believe that is a Chile track in San Isadoro!

Please rule on this Chack or Junk! ..

Thanks! ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Junk,

B4 I make my last play here, what is the ruling going to be on this situation?

Let me know .... :pop:

Thanks!

If I can make up my 2 Laurel Park Picks Ill like too

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member

15th make up Pick:

Race 2 Delta Downs #7 at 2/1

Chackiee

EOG Veteran

I Have.... US -$22.20

Howlingwolfrc -$18.60

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

I am at this point going to wait on the official ruling by Junk for the outcome between us...
The rule #4 was violated & needs to be answered on how it will be ruled upon.

I took a DQ last week because I only had 24 picks in so I want to see how this rule is to be interpreted!

Thanks! ...

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

However, it came down to the wire, in any regard, Good Job Wolf! 91023i2ndw;l

Chackiee

EOG Veteran

I am at this point going to wait on the official ruling by Junk for the outcome between us...
The rule #4 was violated & needs to be answered on how it will be ruled upon.

I took a DQ last week because I only had 24 picks in so I want to see how this rule is to be interpreted!

Thanks! ...

I Read The Rules And It Doesn't Say What Would Happen If A Selection Was Made At A Track Outside North America But If It Was Up To Me ( It's Not) I Would Say Such Selection Would Be Voided And Another Selection Can Be Made................By The Way, It Would Only Be Considered A DQ If You Were Ahead 12io4j2w90

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

I Read The Rules And It Doesn't Say What Would Happen If A Selection Was Made At A Track Outside North America But If It Was Up To Me ( It's Not) I Would Say Such Selection Would Be Voided And Another Selection Can Be Made................By The Way, It Would Only Be Considered A DQ If You Were Ahead 12io4j2w90
So if what you are saying is correct, then I can make up my 25th pick also? That could change the outcome as well in that challenge!

Or if his selection had won then & only then it would be voided?
but since it did not win then you get another chance to make it a good bet by making another selection in it's place?
You can't have it both ways know what I'm saying ? ...

I mean if the rules can be bent then by all means let me know so I know how I can bend them as well.

I'm not trying to be a cry baby here I just want to know how this is going to be interpreted for the future.
I mean I asked for a ruling way back when it happened, not after this was all over! :rolleyes:

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member

I didnt know that Laurel park was out in another country but what ever happens
:doh1

Chackiee

EOG Veteran

So if what you are saying is correct, then I can make up my 25th pick also? That could change the outcome as well in that challenge!

Or if his selection had won then & only then it would be voided?
but since it did not win then you get another chance to make it a good bet by making another selection in it's place?
You can't have it both ways know what I'm saying ? ...

I mean if the rules can be bent then by all means let me know so I know how I can bend them as well.

I'm not trying to be a cry baby here I just want to know how this is going to be interpreted for the future.
I mean I asked for a ruling way back when it happened, not after this was all over! :rolleyes:

The Only Other Alternative To What I Said Is a DQ, And A Ruling After It's All Over Is Not True, I Told You I Wasn't In Charge, Go Back And Read What I Wrote 12io4j2w90

Howlingwolfrc

EOG Senior Member

The Only Other Alternative To What I Said Is a DQ, And A Ruling After It's All Over Is Not True, I Told You I Wasn't In Charge, Go Back And Read What I Wrote 12io4j2w90
So did I win?

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

No no no I understand, I was just debating your comments with mine!

This was just talking it over & discussing the matter! It's looking at different opinions & views!

It's all good, calm down ...:cheers

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

I believe we need to clarify what the penalties are for violating the rules!

It needs to be defined & put in a post as an addendum to the rules! :smokesmal

With that being said I am going to bite the bullet & let Wolf have this one.
However I better either be given the same amount of slack in any of my mistakes or there better be penalties put in print on the rules page for such occasions! That's my only point being made here! 12io4j2w90

Brewers in 7

EOG Dedicated

whats the big deal he bet a race that doesnt count he gets a -$2.00 for it... why would he be Dq'd, its not like he edited a post to give him a win, that would require a DQ...

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

Well then can I make up my 25th pick then from last week?

See what becomes the problem is this. For all the rules, how do you penalize for each different one? Or do you just simply call it a DQ for violating any one of them? It's not spelled out for what the penalty should be. It just becomes an argument of how serious a rule is compared to another one.
It can be debated from both sides (who it's on) depending on which rule it is, how serious it is, how close is the challenge is at that point & would it make a difference ..
See what issues among others this can cause? just my thoughts on it!

So hey can I still make up my 25th pick? :pop:

Brewers in 7

EOG Dedicated

Ill give you 75 more picks, still wont catch me.... :bwah:

UltimateSelector!

EOG Dedicated

I'll try to make 1 or 2 of them good ones! I promise! :smokesmal:thumbsup:mutley

All picks must be made at tracks here in the US it will graded as a loss.

If he only had 24 picks because of this he did not meet the 25 needed picks for that day and can not move on in the contest.

Thanks

Junk