--- EOG Daily Workout Thread ---

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Creating this thread because of Mo's inspiration. This is going to be my motivation for working out every day again. Since I stopped playing baseball I haven't worked out like I used to.

Going to post my work out every day and take off two days a week. I will start tomorrow because I just don't have the motivation to start today; I know bad start haha.

Feel free to jump in and post your daily work out in here. Hopefully this will motivate more EOGer's to work out on a daily basis. Post your progress; weight loss, weight increase (lifting wise), and time differentials when running.

I am 5'10 180 LB's right now and would like to be 5'10 155 LB's by Christmas. Lets get this going.

mofome

Banned
Re: --- EOG Daily Workout Thread ---

we're the same height with different goals as far as weight. im 5-10 190 right now and want to be about 185 but better with my cardio.

did some chest today. back to 315 on bench 3 times without a spot, 275 7 times on incline, then did some reps with flies and cables.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Creating this thread because of Mo's inspiration. This is going to be my motivation for working out every day again. Since I stopped playing baseball I haven't worked out like I used to.

Going to post my work out every day and take off two days a week. I will start tomorrow because I just don't have the motivation to start today; I know bad start haha.

Feel free to jump in and post your daily work out in here. Hopefully this will motivate more EOGer's to work out on a daily basis. Post your progress; weight loss, weight increase (lifting wise), and time differentials when running.

I am 5'10 180 LB's right now and would like to be 5'10 155 LB's by Christmas. Lets get this going.

155 is small... Why not just tone up and not worry about the weight? Its not what you weigh but how you look and feel.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

we're the same height with different goals as far as weight. im 5-10 190 right now and want to be about 185 but better with my cardio.

did some chest today. back to 315 on bench 3 times without a spot, 275 7 times on incline, then did some reps with flies and cables.

I have a fast, ripped, and athletic build to me though. I'm not a muscle man and never could be. I took Andro when I was a freshman in high school and worked out twice a day, while eating a ton of protein, all I did was get even more ripped and become faster. I never gained weight. Now I still have athletic arms and legs but my mid section isn't what it was back then. Trying to get back to that before I'm to old and all hope is lost.

Would love to get back to being small and ripped. I was a lead off hitter in college and high school so I stole a lot of bases and hit for average; NEVER POWER.

Would like to get back to my slender frame and that'll be my goal.

What's your goal Mo? I want to be running sub 6 minute miles as well again.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I have a fast, ripped, and athletic build to me though. I'm not a muscle man and never could be. I took Andro when I was a freshman in high school and worked out twice a day, while eating a ton of protein, all I did was get even more ripped and become faster. I never gained weight. Now I still have athletic arms and legs but my mid section isn't what it was back then. Trying to get back to that before I'm to old and all hope is lost.

Would love to get back to being small and ripped. I was a lead off hitter in college and high school so I stole a lot of bases and hit for average; NEVER POWER.

ok well this post makes sense and answers my question before.... good luck

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

ok well this post makes sense and answers my question before.... good luck

Yes. I'll need it. Also girls were much easier to come by when I was that size, but maybe that was because I was an athlete :+clueless.

I don't know but I like being small and quick better than bigger and bulky. I would like like an idiot with bulky muscles on my body.

Good thread TH. I'm a little under 5'8" and am going for somewhat of a NFL running back physique (laugh all you want, it's what I want). I want to get as close to it as I can w/o juice, never touched the stuff, don't plan to. I am somewhat of a mesomorph except my biceps are a little stubborn for whatever reason (genetics I suspect). Currently at 185-188, I want to cut 8-10 lbs. of fat and put on more muscle on my legs and said, biceps. Never had a problem w/ chest or tri's and my back & shoulders are probably my strongest parts. Love blowing up my back (the foundation of a good build imo), but I hate cardio, sometimes we got to do what we don't want to get the results we do.

mofome

Banned

id like to be about 185, run a 6 min mile and bench 350 without needing a spot. been as high as 390 on the bench and been as low as 5:20 on the mile, but never even close at the same time.

Good thread TH. I'm a little under 5'8" and am going for somewhat of a NFL running back physique (laugh all you want, it's what I want). I want to get as close to it as I can w/o juice, never touched the stuff, don't plan to. I am somewhat of a mesomorph except my biceps are a little stubborn for whatever reason (genetics I suspect). Currently at 185-188, I want to cut 8-10 lbs. of fat and put on more muscle on my legs and said, biceps. Never had a problem w/ chest or tri's and my back & shoulders are probably my strongest parts. Love blowing up my back (the foundation of a good build imo), but I hate cardio, sometimes we got to do what we don't want to get the results we do.

have you ever been around nfl running backs or d1 running backs?!

5 star bomb

EOG Master

id like to be about 185, run a 6 min mile and bench 350 without needing a spot. been as high as 390 on the bench and been as low as 5:20 on the mile, but never even close at the same time.

5:20?? Damn... pretty solid. I was never good at long distance. But I was very good at shorter distance. I think my best mile was 6 flat. Id be lucky to finish a mile under 8 minutes right now. I need to start running again

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Well post your progress and use this as motivation as you won't be along. I'll be focused on cardio and low weight lifting with a lot of reps. Tomorrow I'll ride the bike for 30 minutes, run a mile or two and do a lot of light weight with a lot of reps. I'm all about endurance and speed.

mofome

Banned

5:20?? Damn... pretty solid. I was never good at long distance. But I was very good at shorter distance. I think my best mile was 6 flat. Id be lucky to finish a mile under 8 minutes right now. I need to start running again

we used to have to run 2 miles in 11:30 for soccer.

:hangt

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

As of right now, with the lay off I've taken, I'd guess I run my miles between 7:20-7:50, and I probably can't go past 2 miles like I used to be able to. I can only bench about 200, but I never could bench more than 220 in my day, and right now I'm aiming for 145 with 10 sets of 10. That's what I'll be aiming for tomorrow.

Probably ten sets of 10 with 35-40 pound dumbbells as well. A lot of sits up and push ups to finish off my work out. I'll do them until I can't lift my arms above my head and I'll do sit ups until I can't flex my stomach without feeling like I have to throw up. That'll be how I start my work out off tomorrow and I'll go from there. I'll keep you guys posted on reps and what not. Also I'll keep you posted on what my mile times are. My work out tomorrow will be the toughest work out of all of them because I like to start out real rough so that it can't get harder.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

we used to have to run 2 miles in 11:30 for soccer.

:hangt

My coach used to make me run two miles in 10:45. If I couldn't do it then my BP session was cut short and my fly ball drills were as well. I'd have to run for an extra thirty minutes because SPEED was the name of my game was what my coach told me for years.

mofome

Banned

My coach used to make me run two miles in 10:45. If I couldn't do it then my BP session was cut short and my fly ball drills were as well. I'd have to run for an extra thirty minutes because SPEED was the name of my game was what my coach told me for years.

omg thats insane.

Well post your progress and use this as motivation as you won't be along. I'll be focused on cardio and low weight lifting with a lot of reps. Tomorrow I'll ride the bike for 30 minutes, run a mile or two and do a lot of light weight with a lot of reps. I'm all about endurance and speed.

I understand. I don't want or need speed, you do, and that's fine. I was naturally quick growing up, went to state in track for 1/4 mile and 8*200 relay. I'm literally changing my physique from when I was in high school, and that's what makes it satisfying and enjoying for me. I hope you achieve your goals as I want to achieve mine. If you had seen me in high school as compared to now, I think you'd understand.

true...but im curious if youve even been around any d1 football players or nfl football players...

Yes, but it was a long time ago. Walter Payton and some Fighting Illini guys. The game has changed since then. I'm not doing it to pick up chicks, it's more of a challenge to myself to see how well I can do, before my testosterone production starts to significantly decrease.

Maybe I was misleading, no matter how much I lift, eat, and sleep, I won't be the same as a NFL or D-1 running back. That's a no-brainer. It's about pushing my body to its potential while I'm still relatively young, I hope you guys can appreciate that.
Mofome and I talked about this back in the day, before he went to SBR.

WVU

EOG Master

I ran 3 miles today at about a 6:30 pace. I also did 4 x 40 situps and 4 x 30 pushups.

Listening to all these workouts made me need a cig. BRB.

:smokesmal

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

lets have another good day today. work out gents

Got work at 1130 and then when I get home I'm going to work out for about an hour and a half. Then I'll get down on some Madden before the World Series. LET'S DO THIS!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Bump. Just got back from a 10 mile bike ride. Haven't been wheezing this hard in a long time. Pretty cold out there too so my lungs are hurting.

Punched out 10 miles in about 35 minutes so I was moving pretty quick. Going to ride the bike for a week or two, or until I get up to 25 mile rides in under and hour and a half, and then I'm going to go into running. Once I lose the right amount of weight I am going to switch to short rides and small weights with repetition.

My body is on fire right now and I feel extremely out of shape.

mofome

Banned

did some bicepts and a little cardio. back is still bad but im trying to get some stuff done anyway. eating good today too.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

did some bicepts and a little cardio. back is still bad but im trying to get some stuff done anyway. eating good today too.

Not much you can do weight wise with a bad back. Focus in on legs and try and ride a stationary bike if you have one. Keep your body upright and the blood flow should really help the back.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Do you ever work out so hard, and then when you finish you're really tired at first, and then suddenly your not that tired anymore and you feel like you should work out more because you didn't do enough? That's how I'm feeling right now but I don't know what else to do.

I'm so used to working out until I feel like I need to vomit, or lifting until I can barely drive my car home, that when I finish a work out and don't feel that I way I feel unfulfilled.

The good thing is I don't feel like death, but the bad thing is I feel like I need to work out again. :+clueless

Do you ever work out so hard, and then when you finish you're really tired at first, and then suddenly your not that tired anymore and you feel like you should work out more because you didn't do enough? That's how I'm feeling right now but I don't know what else to do.

I'm so used to working out until I feel like I need to vomit, or lifting until I can barely drive my car home, that when I finish a work out and don't feel that I way I feel unfulfilled.

The good thing is I don't feel like death, but the bad thing is I feel like I need to work out again. :+clueless

mix your routine up...your muscles get use to your work outs if you do the same thing on a consistent weekly basis. swap exercises so you body doesnt become acquainted with certain exercises. if you typically do a lot of free weight exercises move to machines and cables...

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

mix your routine up...your muscles get use to your work outs if you do the same thing on a consistent weekly basis. swap exercises so you body doesnt become acquainted with certain exercises. if you typically do a lot of free weight exercises move to machines and cables...

This was my first day of my routine. This was the first day I rode the bike. I never do the same thing for longer than 2 weeks because I'm not trying to get big.

I lift small weights and do a lot of reps, but I won't start doing weights until I lose some weight and that's why I'm sticking to cardio. It's not that my body is used to it, it's just that I'm used to working out so hard from baseball that I can barely walk out of the gym. Today was tiring and I was wheezing HARD, but now I don't feel shitty anymore and it pisses me off. :mad:
I like to feel shitty for a while after my work outs. I know that's weird.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

This was my first day of my routine. This was the first day I rode the bike. I never do the same thing for longer than 2 weeks because I'm not trying to get big.

I lift small weights and do a lot of reps, but I won't start doing weights until I lose some weight and that's why I'm sticking to cardio. It's not that my body is used to it, it's just that I'm used to working out so hard from baseball that I can barely walk out of the gym. Today was tiring and I was wheezing HARD, but now I don't feel shitty anymore and it pisses me off. :mad:
I like to feel shitty for a while after my work outs. I know that's weird.

:+clueless

That makes no sense? Why?? The feeling after a great workout is one of the best feelings ever

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

:+clueless

That makes no sense? Why?? The feeling after a great workout is one of the best feelings ever

The feeling after a great work out is miserable, but great. I don't know if you've ever done some of the work outs I've done but many wouldn't enjoy them.

Your abs hurt so bad it's tough to breath. When you try and drive your car home you can barely turn the wheel because your body is jello and you feel like you're walking on air while being held down by a 100 pound weight.

You feel high, sort of, but outside of that it's miserable. A miserable feeling that I love. The pain in your chest and abs is the most painful, GREAT, feeling of all time.