Play Game #5 on Thursday

ouch

EOG Dedicated
The temperature in Philadelphia at game time tonight is supposed to be 37 degrees with winds of 20 miles an hour. The wind-chill index will be in the mid-20s.

Why not simply bang the game tonight, and come back on Thursday afternoon at 2 pm when it will be sunny, 52 degrees and very little wind.

It is time that major league baseball did something right for the game for a change. Fox Sports already had their three broadcasts in Philly in primetime, so they have their money.

Let the players decide the World Series on a day when they are simply not worried about surviving the game, as opposed to playing it at the highest level.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Re: Play Game #5 on Thursday

Let's not get dramatic. I'm sure the players will survive playing in 37 degree weather.

MLB tries to get the games in on a certain schedule for the pitching rotations as well. You think it would be fair if they played 1 game then waited a couple days for nice weather and played again all the time? You'd have Hamels pitching 5 of the 7 games at that rate. No indication of depth on the roster if it is played that way.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

Baseball cannot be played, nor should it be, when the wind-chill is in the mid-20s. I am sure that if you polled the 50 players involved, all but hard-throwing fastball pitchers would vote to play the game tomorrow afternoon.

This is the World Series for godsakes. It will be positively awful out there tonight if they choose to play this game.

this would be really bad if it were a Philly Boston Series.

I agree here as I have game 6 tix, and Friday if NECC works better for ME.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Where do you get our weather reports? Do you live in Philly?

I am an hour outside Philly and it is mild to say the least right now.
Weather tonight is supposed to be low 40s. Not much different tomorrow.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Where do you get our weather reports? Do you live in Philly?

I am an hour outside Philly and it is mild to say the least right now.
Weather tonight is supposed to be low 40s. Not much different tomorrow.

I live about 15 minutes from the stadium, its cold as hell and will be even worse tonight, windy. Just giving you a heads up as to the weather close to the stadium.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

I live about 15 minutes from the stadium, its cold as hell and will be even worse tonight, windy. Just giving you a heads up as to the weather close to the stadium.

Thanks BW. I stand corrected. Much more mild in northern jersey.

I still think you got to get the games in. It's October. Can't wait for the perfect days.