Froggie - How many games do you see this Lakers team winning this year?

WVU

EOG Master
Re: Froggie - How many games do you see this Lakers team winning this year?

I am guessing 56

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Over 60. In fact, Phil stated thier goal is to win homefield throught the playoffs including the Finals. With Gasol starting the season there and Bynum back, they look very tough. Plus they might or will have cakewalk through crappy division. Will probably be favored in every game vs. Warriors, Lakers and Kings. Might win every game against them. They have been a offense first watch Kobe team, even some of that last year, especially in Finals. But last night they were defensive monsters. That zone was killer, they fought through screens, swarmed and collapsed in the post, and still got back to the perimeter. They showed well on any two man game and helped defensively, from start to finish. Awesome team defense. Only one game but they were close to perfect. I only see one team that might give them problems in the West, and that is New Orleans.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

WVU

EOG Master

64 is way high. Houston will be a problem for them as well as SA and possibly NO. I seriously doubt they win 60.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Over 60. In fact, Phil stated thier goal is to win homefield throught the playoffs including the Finals. With Gasol starting the season there and Bynum back, they look very tough. Plus they might or will have cakewalk through crappy division. Will probably be favored in every game vs. Warriors, Lakers and Kings. Might win every game against them. They have been a offense first watch Kobe team, even some of that last year, especially in Finals. But last night they were defensive monsters. That zone was killer, they fought through screens, swarmed and collapsed in the post, and still got back to the perimeter. They showed well on any two man game and helped defensively, from start to finish. Awesome team defense. Only one game but they were close to perfect. I only see one team that might give them problems in the West, and that is New Orleans.

Completely agree with that whole analysis! Scared of just 2 teams: Hornets and Jazz.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Jazz start off with no Deron. They just seem to be same team as last two seasons, good enough to get there, but not really that good, especially away from home. Division tougher? I don't know, the Jazz just don't have a lot of go to guys, not even Boozer. He's steady, but just not the kind of guy you give the ball to at the end of games. Hornets are way better. I think Lakers can win 60. They have everything, All Stars, depth, coaching, defense, experience and were one series away last year, a series they were favored in. I like the over 60 as they won't take any games off to make sure they secure home field throughout. Barring major injuroes, they make 60+.

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal

royboy

EOG Dedicated

lakers looked like a machine last night, even played good d... if they avoid the injury bug, 60+.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Great team, but we already knew that. Don't let first game emotional defensive effort blind you all though.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

20 point win
40 point win
whos next?

WVU

EOG Master

Lakers impressed the hell out of me last night. I guess 66 wins might be a tad low, but it is a long season and injuries are imminent.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Lakers impressed the hell out of me last night. I guess 66 wins might be a tad low, but it is a long season and injuries are imminent.

You mean 56.

WVU

EOG Master

yes 56. I guess 66 is not out of the realm of possibilites but it was a typo

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Going to visit Denver, after sweeping them out of playoffs abruptly last year. Sets up well, because Denver plays night before vs. Crips in LA. Then Lakeshow gets rematch vs. same Crips. Next four after that will tell a lot more though. Houston, At Dallas, next night at New Orleans, then Motown. I don't know if the Lakeshow will lose a game between Sac, Crips and Warriors. Suns look a lot stronger than I thought they would. Sticking with over 60, for now.

WVU

EOG Master

Is 60 the over/under on season game wins for the Lakeshow? I can't find a line

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The lines are taken down after they play the first game. I doubt it was that high, but I imagine it was around 56-57. Maybe somebody bet it or remembers?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Going to visit Denver, after sweeping them out of playoffs abruptly last year. Sets up well, because Denver plays night before vs. Crips in LA. Then Lakeshow gets rematch vs. same Crips. Next four after that will tell a lot more though. Houston, At Dallas, next night at New Orleans, then Motown. I don't know if the Lakeshow will lose a game between Sac, Crips and Warriors. Suns look a lot stronger than I thought they would. Sticking with over 60, for now.

3-0

heading to the meat of the schedule...

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Handling Houston tonight.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

c's-lakeshow final again, maybe a different result this year.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Lakers win it all this season. They are head and shoulders above the best of the rest in the West.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

WVU

EOG Master

64 is way high. Houston will be a problem for them as well as SA and possibly NO. I seriously doubt they win 60.

Houston, not a problem. Lakers look good. They are clicking in the closing quarter to keep them blowing teams out.

64 might be a cakewalk

Apple

Banned

Looks like Celtics/Lakers Finals again..

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

This Lakers team interior defense is fantastic.

The bench is absurd as well.

And...Btw....Bynum makes a HUGE difference!

and possibly NO?:LMAO

NO is the only team that will give them a problem not the rockets who they blew out

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

New Orleans and Utah in my opinion.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

New Orleans is going to struggle in division games. They do not have the defense, nor the depth of the Lakeshow. The Jazz have the defense and the depth. But are the same team that is just good enough to get out of the first round of the playoffs. The Lakers were given another all star in Gasol. With a healthy Bynum, all going through preseason together, and a new emphasis on defense, look to be best in the West, by far. I'll stick with over 64 wins.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

7-0 heading into a home game vs detroit tonight.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

10-1 heading into Sundays home game vs Sactown.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Definitely the elite in the West & this watered down league right now, but Boston will send them home again without a championship........

San Antonio is actually getting better & deeper, and could make a push when Manu & Parker return after the bench has been groomed.....

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

11-1

Can they realistically make a run at 70?