Celtics lack offense...

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Ray Allen has lost a full step and has done absolutely NOTHING tonight. He is regressing and getting older. This hurts Boston. During crunch time like now it is Pierce and Garnnet only. You need a solid third option. This is a problem for the Celtics and mark my words.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Celtics lack offense...

I didn't see much of the game Tom...it is very early though.

It is early but trust this Celtic fan. Maybe we adjust somehow but to me this is a problem that will be exposed. Pierce has lost 8 pounds and looks great and quicker....

Wade

EOG Master

Sharps got this game good. Who else do you think pushed the line from +7 to +6 with everyone on the celts.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I love Pierce now.

The guy always killed me whenever I bet on him or against...and this goes back to Kansas!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I love Pierce now.

The guy always killed me whenever I bet on him or against...and this goes back to Kansas!

Pierce has come a long way. He showed he has the heart and will of a champion by working out hard in the offseason and coming in leaner, trimmer and motivated after winning it all.

Journeyman

EOG Master

good point, and we talked about this before, Pierce is the kind of guy who doesn't have much hops to begin with...he will need to stay leaner as he gets older.

he gets to the line with the best of em though...one of my favorite players.

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

Celtics will be fine this year. Will have target on there backs so expect them to have to take teams best effort most nights ...

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Celtics will be fine this year. Will have target on there backs so expect them to have to take teams best effort most nights ...

Agree they are fine. I just think down the road they will be in a little trouble without a third scorer, no Posey and Ray ALlen slowing down. Time will tell. Obviously still a real good team.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Kid from Cal, Leon was a monster off of the bench. Jesus did look bad, but he was left on floor when Paul and KG were on bench. You better believe they will miss Posey. But they stepped up the defense second half, drove to the hoop and got calls, like you are supposed to at home. But I think they will be vunerable on the road, and have paper thin depth. It took perfect health last year to get it done. Not thinking that happens twice in a row. This team played it's defense and won the game, that is it's M.O. Rondo blew by Mo way too much for me. I think deeper teams will give them fits this season.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Kid from Cal, Leon was a monster off of the bench. Jesus did look bad, but he was left on floor when Paul and KG were on bench. You better believe they will miss Posey. But they stepped up the defense second half, drove to the hoop and got calls, like you are supposed to at home. But I think they will be vunerable on the road, and have paper thin depth. It took perfect health last year to get it done. Not thinking that happens twice in a row. This team played it's defense and won the game, that is it's M.O. Rondo blew by Mo way too much for me. I think deeper teams will give them fits this season.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

Right on Froggie. The big three is getting older and Doc knows he has to save their minutes too. There will be no 45 play minutes for these guys. That will hurt them some but at the same time maybe develop someone off the bench. Yep, that thin rotation will hurt and get exposed a little on the road and eventually in the playoffs. Maybe something will change and someone will develop like T ALlen or a rookie or even a trade. On the plus side, Pierce looks very good and Rondo is getting better. That helps. Ray Allen is interesting in that he is smart and knows how to play. He is also good defensively still....the problem is that he needs to score a little more and get off his own shot. He looked a step slower than at the end of last year and that is not good. He was smothered by average defenders yesterday. Gulp. It will interesting to see this season unfold.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I think they have some teams in thier own division that are improved. It is almost like they flip flopped with the Lakers. Now the Lakers have a division of cream puffs. I see a few teams that can match up well, plus they can afford almost no injuries. I think if Mo Williams could have kept Rondo in front of him and Cavs had a wide body to keep Powe off the boards the Cavs win. They won't play old and slow front lines every night. Nor will Rondo face a defenseless point guard. They are still the best in the East, but on very thin ice. I could see them winning but not covering a lot of games because doc has got to cut minutes on the big three. And Jesus looked bad again. He slipped a little last season, and might have slipped more. Maybe now they have big 2 1/2.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

Boston

EOG Dedicated

Celts do not lack offense. kg and ray went 8 for 28 and still won after an emotional ceremony. Do not count on that happening consistently. Rondo is brutal and always has been nobody even guards him he's such a offensive non threat he can't make lay ups. Ray has turned a bit streaky but he was like that last year. Nothing has changed except ray and kg having a bad night. We will be in the finals again. For people saying they are old we are talking about an average age of 32 and all healthy. We have no offense because of one half of the first game are you fucking joking

Boston

EOG Dedicated

maybe you didn't see p break the shit out of bron him a kg make 20 year olds look silly on a constant basis

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Guess we will see, won't we. I think they do lack offense. Especially offensive balance. Perkins is good for nothing. Rondo got lucky he played someone he can get by. Jesus had the worst line you could possibly have in 41 minutes. And that is happening more often than not. That leaves the bench, Leon and his putbacks and dunks and hoping the other Allen, not Jesus can do something on a consistent basis. That has not been the case. Going to be the Paul and Kevin show. And that worked because of a slow rotating Cav frontline. They will rely more on defense than last year. They lose either Paul or KG to injuries and they are toast. Looked very ineffective when Doc tried to rest both of them at once. Offense came to a standstill. Going to run those two into the ground.

Best Wishes...oF :pop:

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Boston. I got news for you. Rondo is GOOD. He runs this team and make no mistake about that. He has young legs and broke down many good defensive teams late last year like the Lakers (and Derek Fisher who is very good defensively as Rondo ran circles around him) and the Pistons. He is not a scorer but that is not his job. Rondo is good AND gettting better. Good luck.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Guess we will see, won't we. I think they do lack offense. Especially offensive balance. Perkins is good for nothing. Rondo got lucky he played someone he can get by. Jesus had the worst line you could possibly have in 41 minutes. And that is happening more often than not. That leaves the bench, Leon and his putbacks and dunks and hoping the other Allen, not Jesus can do something on a consistent basis. That has not been the case. Going to be the Paul and Kevin show. And that worked because of a slow rotating Cav frontline. They will rely more on defense than last year. They lose either Paul or KG to injuries and they are toast. Looked very ineffective when Doc tried to rest both of them at once. Offense came to a standstill. Going to run those two into the ground.

Best Wishes...oF :pop:

All true. You need that third threat and we are talking about a solid, reliable, end of game, in a playoff series type of 3rd scorer. The old Allen did it and the the end of last year was losing it and he seemed a step slower last night. The rotation may get better and solidify it self over the course of a season but you know a third quality scorer for the playoffs has to be a solid player. Not sure he is here.

Perkins provides toughness and space but he is not a scorer. Rondo is a point guard and ALlen Iverson could learn something on how to distribute by watching Rondo. He is not a big scorer though. I do not think he is there on the Celts right now but this might not be exposed for awhile. Time will tell.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

rondo is terrible when he is on the floor it gives the opponent a five on four edge on defense because they don't even need to look at him. The way he is guarded he should have 28 pts a game but he can't shoot and he can't make lay ups he actually passes the ball on open lay ups and gives away points. If it wasn't for his speed he would be playing the euro league for $20,000 a year. Nothing has changed for this team. They are no better and no worse than last year. We have a third threat in ray he is still good for 15 a game no worries here

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I have to admit if Rondo was not fast he might be useless. And he would be even worse if he did not have a bunch of All Stars taking the defenses with them. I think his strength is defense and rebounding. Teams use to sag off of him 15 feet and out. Very limited offense. He is so quick he gets to loose balls, boards and defends very well. He is a good fit for the current roster. He might get better. But he might have peaked already. There are a lot better pg's out there, no doubt.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

rondo is terrible when he is on the floor it gives the opponent a five on four edge on defense because they don't even need to look at him. The way he is guarded he should have 28 pts a game but he can't shoot and he can't make lay ups he actually passes the ball on open lay ups and gives away points. If it wasn't for his speed he would be playing the euro league for $20,000 a year. Nothing has changed for this team. They are no better and no worse than last year. We have a third threat in ray he is still good for 15 a game no worries here

I think the biggest change is no Posey, who has been a glue guy for two world championships now. Similar to Horry. Plus the possibility exists Jesus is on a downhill slide. And they cannot be as hungry, they have rings. No, this team has changed.

Best Wishes...OF :+clueless

Boston

EOG Dedicated

Only time can tell. I think ray will always be a respected shooter so a man will always be glued to him. If his stroke is really gone then we will have two men out there that don't need to be guarded and I don't know about you but I will put money on anyone to beat a team 5 on 3 unless that team is kobe, pierce and either KG or howard

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I have to admit if Rondo was not fast he might be useless. And he would be even worse if he did not have a bunch of All Stars taking the defenses with them. I think his strength is defense and rebounding. Teams use to sag off of him 15 feet and out. Very limited offense. He is so quick he gets to loose balls, boards and defends very well. He is a good fit for the current roster. He might get better. But he might have peaked already. There are a lot better pg's out there, no doubt.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

Rondo is fortunate to be on this team but they are fortunate to have him. He can play. He is not an all star but he does a few things quite well. I like his energy, rebounding for a guard and young legs. IF he works hard he can get better as well espcially shooting the rock.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

BTW Rondo had 14 pts, 6 assists, 5 rebounds and 3 steals against the Cavs. Not too shabby for the floor general of the world champs. Last year he avg 11 pts, 5 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals a game. HE is only in his third year and getting better.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Update: The Celtic lack of offense is never more evident that now. After the big 3 (probably more like the big 2.5 right now)....he Celtic bench scored like 12 pts and after the big three the rest shot 5-25 not including Ray ALlen who shot like 6-17. Nobody is stepping up to help offensively. Perkins is a good defensive physical center as is Rondo at the point but neither score a lot. The bench has no big scorer at all. the Celts need to make a move. They were lucky to win the last two games at home. Celts need a scorer off the bench to have back to back hopes.