Interesting NBA ROY picks

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Brooke Lopez +2300 Will be a starter on the Nets this year. he ia averaging close to a double double in preseason in only about 20-25 minutes a game. Should put up decent numbers on a Nets team that will play their youngsters.

Anthony Randolph +3000 Quite possibly could be Golden States best player by the end of the season. Easily is the most athletic and will lead them in blocks and steals.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: Interesting NBA ROY picks

I really liked what I saw in Lopez last night. I thought he would drop down in the draft and did. I know he was beating poor fat slob Curry, but he still did it. Kid moved like a pro, very good footwork and presence around the hoop. Active. You are right, he could be live at that price or better.

Best Wishes...OF 91023i2ndw;l

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

IF he lasts the season or plays at least 70 games (BIG "IF" with him - I know)

Greg Oden

end of discussion

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The books don't even have Oden up. But the NBA red shirted his first year as he never played a minute. Guy has constant reporters already. And who would vote for this rookie of the year? If Oden stays and plays, it is his to win. He has close to an insurmountable lead already. Last night he shouldered a defender and knocked him to the ground, with little effort. This was during a sequence where he owned the front of the rim. They are doubling him already. If he gets the ball down low he is close to unstoppable. Played a decent 30 minutes last night. Always get his blocks and boards. He gives Brandon and Aldridge much better looks. The Spaniard looks awful good also. I like Rudy also, but he is way too far out of the spotlight. Who votes?, you should figure out who wins.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

That is weird then. Books don't even have him listed. So, they don't take odds on him and then the NBA recognizes him as ROY and ALL BETS lose????

Trick or Treat a bookmaker's treat and trick if they have no field listed, and he wins, all bets lose. Good stuff.

Best Wishes...oF :blink:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

NO - he would be "The Field" if he wasn't listed - i would assume

Incorrect assumption. There is at least one book, and could be many more, who neither offer Oden, nor the field. If he wins, that books pays no one.

Best Wishes...OF oij213490

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Eric Gordon is my pick for ROY. Dropped 33 a few nights back. I think Mayo will be a better player but may get to much attention this year on the court(double teamed) for him to make a run at it.

Gonna be hard to find a player who will do what Gordon should playing next to Baron Davis.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Eric Gordon is my pick for ROY. Dropped 33 a few nights back. I think Mayo will be a better player but may get to much attention this year on the court(double teamed) for him to make a run at it.

Gonna be hard to find a player who will do what Gordon should playing next to Baron Davis.

Problem is Cuttino should be getting most of those minutes next to Baron in regular season. Two huge problems here, a limited minute back up and a Clipper.

Best Wishes...oF :pop:

Panic

EOG Dedicated

I be shocked if they gave the bulk to a 33 year old Cuttino over a stud like Gordon. Escpecially after what Gordon has displayed this pre-season. Cuttino only averaged 12.8 pts a game last year. The only reason they would do it is because Mobley is making 9 mil this year, but Gordon would serve that team better as the starter.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Gordon lit up the Kings, big deal. In games in front and in back of that game he was 2-8 and 3-11. Mobley is the clear cut vet here to be running along with Baron. Gordon is not going to be a starter unless Cuttino gets hurt. Has not been all that preseason, and is getting minutes because it is preseason. Nope.

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Cuttino's 1st pre season game he went 1-5 for 2 pts in 21 minutes. Then followed it up with an amazing 2-13 for 6 pts in 27 minutes in the next game. nice.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The guy has played 77 games or more 6 out of 10 years. And only once under 70, a trade year. Cuttino will get his minutes, always does. No Maggette, maybe more. Who votes for this?

Best Wishes...OF :blink:

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Probably right. Cant let 9 mil sit on the bench. Just saying Gordon in the starting lineup would be a better move. Escpecially with Davis wanting to push the ball.

No value in Randolph. According to all indications from Coach Nelson, he expects absolutely nothing from the kid and isn't going to give him much if any playing time this season.

In my opinion, you should only consider players who are locks to start or get a ton of PT. Like it or not, Gordon's a sub unless Mobley gets injured or shipped out.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

No value in Randolph. According to all indications from Coach Nelson, he expects absolutely nothing from the kid and isn't going to give him much if any playing time this season.

In my opinion, you should only consider players who are locks to start or get a ton of PT. Like it or not, Gordon's a sub unless Mobley gets injured or shipped out.

Exactly. You need a starter, heavy minutes and great press. That's where Oden has them all beat, he is the story in most games. Already, before playing one regular season game. Nellie almost never gives minutes to rooks. So I would cancel Randolph. No Gordon either. No Love, too many pg's in front of him. I could see Brook Lopez earning a starting role over not really a center Boone. Leapfrogging Williams. Boone had irregular or rapid heartbeat and is being examined. Brook has brought it every night, and looks like the best player on the floor at times. Might set up well for 25-1 dog. But Oden is in the driver's seat with a huge lead out of the gate.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Randolph will definitely get time. The team is light years better when he is on the floor. he might not win ROY but at +3000 it is definitely not wasted money.