Vikings QB's SUCK!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Vikings QB's SUCK!

Everyone already knew this....what took you soo long to figure it out?

i figured it out last sason. the coaching staff still hasnt.

you have the best rb and defensive team in the league and you cant do anything because you have no qb.

JH85

EOG Addicted

They are the ones that come out pass happy. All they have done is try and pass down field when they are a running team.

JH85

EOG Addicted

They havent tried to use AD much at all. I dont know if its because he is hurt or not, but if he is run Taylor.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

back inthe super bowl race...too bad could be 3-0 now without that insane coaching staff there seeing something because they want to not because they see it...too bad...

When you spend a ton on money on your lines, something has to suffer. Thats why the development of Jackson was important, he is cheap.

vikingboy13

EOG Senior Member

I said before, They just need someone to manage tha game, and I think that Frerotte did a great job for his first game of the year. Hopefully, they start going on a roll now.

Frerotte shows he's got starting ability

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune
October 9, 2008
After watching Gus Frerotte perform in the past three games, Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, a coach for 33 years, said he can't understand why the 37-year-old veteran never has caught on with one team and consistently been a No. 1 quarterback.
"I knew he was a capable guy," said Rogers, who coached Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb in college at Syracuse. "He [Frerotte] had practiced well throughout the course of training camp and early in the season really was on top of his game. He seemed to have a good grasp of the offense, so the way he's played the last three games has not been a surprise. He's really made some outstanding throws."
Since Frerotte took over in Week 3, the Vikings have averaged 72 more passing yards and five more points per game. Frerotte has completed 60 of 107 passes (56 percent) for 692 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions and a 74.2 passer rating.
"I don't know that there's so much a shortage of quarterbacks as a shortage of great quarterbacks -- there's about as many as you can count on one hand. So we're very fortunate to have Gus," Rogers said of Frerotte, who completed 19 of 36 passes for 222 yards and a game-tying touchdown to Bernard Berrian againstthe Saints, which set the stage for Ryan Longwell's winning field goal.
"Yeah, he took some hellacious shots over the course of the last three games and rebounded really well," Rogers said. "He was knocked a little silly the other night and was out really for just one play. So, he wants to play, which is another great thing about him."
Rogers said Frerotte does a tremendous job of preparing himself during the course of the week through film study.

"As we go through practice during the course of the week, obviously we cover various segments during specific days, and he is really up to par on what we're doing," Rogers said. "Base plays, what we're doing on nickel, what we're doing in the red zone, short yardage, goal line, he's on top of all those things and he works hard at it. He always stays one step ahead."
Rogers said he believes Frerotte can play for a while.
"I certainly think so, the guy is in really good shape," Rogers said. "Again, he's got excellent arm strength, and he's got a great command of the ball. He throws it where he wants to throw it."
At the same time Rogers said the organization hasn't given up on quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.
"No, absolutely not. Again, like it's been said all along, young guys develop at different times," said Rogers. "If you look at the guys who came in his graduating class, there's really just one right now who's really excelling, and that's [Denver's] Jay Cutler. So it takes time for those guys."

High Times

EOG Master

But most posters say he sucks.

You don't stay in the NFL as a quarterback for 15 years because you suck. How many quarterbacks that have been drafted in the just the first round alone over the last 15 years are still playing?

Tarvaris Jackson might never start another game in his life and some people will still proclaim that Jackson is a better quarterback.

Frerotte shows he's got starting ability

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune
October 9, 2008
After watching Gus Frerotte perform in the past three games, Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, a coach for 33 years, said he can't understand why the 37-year-old veteran never has caught on with one team and consistently been a No. 1 quarterback.
"I knew he was a capable guy," said Rogers, who coached Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb in college at Syracuse. "He [Frerotte] had practiced well throughout the course of training camp and early in the season really was on top of his game. He seemed to have a good grasp of the offense, so the way he's played the last three games has not been a surprise. He's really made some outstanding throws."
Since Frerotte took over in Week 3, the Vikings have averaged 72 more passing yards and five more points per game. Frerotte has completed 60 of 107 passes (56 percent) for 692 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions and a 74.2 passer rating.
"I don't know that there's so much a shortage of quarterbacks as a shortage of great quarterbacks -- there's about as many as you can count on one hand. So we're very fortunate to have Gus," Rogers said of Frerotte, who completed 19 of 36 passes for 222 yards and a game-tying touchdown to Bernard Berrian againstthe Saints, which set the stage for Ryan Longwell's winning field goal.
"Yeah, he took some hellacious shots over the course of the last three games and rebounded really well," Rogers said. "He was knocked a little silly the other night and was out really for just one play. So, he wants to play, which is another great thing about him."
Rogers said Frerotte does a tremendous job of preparing himself during the course of the week through film study.

"As we go through practice during the course of the week, obviously we cover various segments during specific days, and he is really up to par on what we're doing," Rogers said. "Base plays, what we're doing on nickel, what we're doing in the red zone, short yardage, goal line, he's on top of all those things and he works hard at it. He always stays one step ahead."
Rogers said he believes Frerotte can play for a while.
"I certainly think so, the guy is in really good shape," Rogers said. "Again, he's got excellent arm strength, and he's got a great command of the ball. He throws it where he wants to throw it."
At the same time Rogers said the organization hasn't given up on quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.
"No, absolutely not. Again, like it's been said all along, young guys develop at different times," said Rogers. "If you look at the guys who came in his graduating class, there's really just one right now who's really excelling, and that's [Denver's] Jay Cutler. So it takes time for those guys."

UNCLE KEVIN!!! YAY!! HE IS SOOO MOOOOOOOONEY!

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Gus at least gives them a CHANCE to win!

I was Jackson biggest critict (sp) and when i seen him in 06 he was probably the worst nfl quarterback i ever saw but he did improve. If one TD pass was caught in the indy game instead of dropped he is still playing. Gus is no answer. Jackson is probably not the answer either but their chances in my opinion are better with Jackson.