Is there a bigger asshole in sports than Manny Ramirez??

PO69

EOG Master
I know, I know. Some of you will say that last night was just Manny being Manny. Well it was. It was Manny being a pinche asshole!

hat guy has turned into a cancer at Boston.

I like this forum and its free speech Shrink, because it Wilheim were around, then I would be banned for such slander:+whipping

Re: Is there a bigger asshole in sports than Manny Ramirez??

I assume you're talking about "current athletes", right PO??

Not a Manny fan either, but to my knowledge, he at least stays out of trouble with the law. Unlike guys like Leonard Little who got behind the wheel of a car drunk and killed somebody.

Don't forget about Ray Lewis and Mike Vick either and their histories

Plenty of coaches you could say are worse than Manny as well if were not talking about just athletes: Bob Thuggins, Bobby Petrino, Kelvin Sampson

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Ha, yeah........His name's Barry Bonds

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I have said it for years. I have no idea how he has gotten away with what he has done. Unreal. 2 years ago he QUIT (LITERALLY) in the beginning of August and shut it down. HE QUIT getting paid millions on his teammates. ANd he has done much more. he tries again this time but the Sox called his bluff and threatened to suspend him and more. They did win with him (and that helped him get off from the abuse) but he is a dirtbag.

texansfan

EOG Master

If he retired today, he gets into the HOF without a doubt. Opinions?

If he retired today, he gets into the HOF without a doubt. Opinions?

Yes, if a team needed a game winning wit hit 2 outs, he would be one of the 1st 5 in the whole league that i would want up.

Who can forget his "not the end of the world" speech last year when asked about the Sox being down in the playoff series.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Is Brett Favre officially un-retired or is he out of sports as of this thread?

texansfan

EOG Master

I think the Sox put up with him because of his talent. If he was just an average joe he would have been gone years ago. I have heard that Epstein has never really liked the guy. Of course that's just what I have heard.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Send him to Philly we will take him. He will get ripped to shreds here but a few hits will cure that. You can have Pat the 1 year bat Burell.

texansfan

EOG Master

Is Brett Favre officially un-retired or is he out of sports as of this thread?

I read where the Packers offered him 20 million over ten years to stay retired and sit at home. Anybody else hear about this?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

If Manny batted in the four spot in Philly he might have 400 RBI's. that is why a guy like Howard leads the league in RBI's with a 200 average. Howard comes up with two guys on every night. I wonder if he leads the league with guys left on base.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I think the Sox put up with him because of his talent. If he was just an average joe he would have been gone years ago. I have heard that Epstein has never really liked the guy. Of course that's just what I have heard.

Epstein does not like him at all. Well known. Tried to move him many times. Even put him on waivers. Not his type of guy even before the BS.

rickdee

EOG Senior Member

The best Manny line from this whole thing is when they asked him about going to Florida.. HE says he would love it because there is no sales tax!! I mean this guy makes 20 Million a year and he is worried about sales tax!What a joke...

texansfan

EOG Master

The best Manny line from this whole thing is when they asked him about going to Florida.. HE says he would love it because there is no sales tax!! I mean this guy makes 20 Million a year and he is worried about sales tax!What a joke...

Is it sales tax or state tax? I would think the latter of the two. I get what you're saying though. I wonder how much state tax he would save though?

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Biggest a hole = tie. Bonds & Manny, without a doubt or question.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Pacman Jones
Terrell Owens
Ron Artest
Milton Bradley
Jose Offerman

The list goes on an on.

Manny handled this wrong, but no, he isnt the biggest a-hole in sports.

PO69

EOG Master

Well that sign that he put up last night during a key game was just WRONG!

Of course his team was going to lose anyway, but he put up that "Farve for Manny sign"

Then of course he loafed to first base on 2 occassions.

Journeyman

EOG Master

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

sl55

EOG Veteran

He might look like he should be puffing a big doob at an old Bob Marley concert,but Boston wouldn't have shit without him.

I'm not a Manny hater. But his jogging intentionally down the line with a bouncing ball for a double play was amazing.. it was like he was 8 years old saying "i'll show you. you cant make me hustle." completely lost respect for him.

Oct 8, 4:12 PM EDT

LA-cool Ramirez enjoying Dodgers' success
By ROB MAADDI
AP Sports Writer

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Sporting freshly trimmed, thick braids instead of his usual dreadlocks, Manny Ramirez has a slightly new look for the NL championship series to go with his reformed West Coast attitude. On the field, it's the same old Manny. He just keeps hitting.
Ramirez changed the culture of the Los Angeles Dodgers, leading them to the playoffs with a dynamic performance after forcing his way out of Boston.
Riding their slugger's torrid hitting and a couple of masterful pitching performances, the Dodgers swept the heavily favored Chicago Cubs out of the first round. Getting past the Philadelphia Phillies and their strong pitching in the NLCS won't be that easy.
"They're the best team out there," Ramirez said Wednesday. "These guys are great. We don't think we are better than them, but the key in the playoffs is to get in and anything can happen."
Game 1 is Thursday night at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, with Derek Lowe (14-11) on the mound for the Dodgers against Cole Hamels (14-10).
Both teams have several outstanding players and a mix of interesting personalities, but all the focus was squarely on Ramirez the day before the opener. Cameras clicked and microphones followed the enigmatic left fielder everywhere he went before the Dodgers' workout.
Ramirez took it in stride.
"It's not my first rodeo," he said.
He was charming, witty and humble, sitting down for nearly 20 minutes and answering questions on a wide range of topics.
Manny loves California, but he hasn't learned to surf just yet. He doesn't have the patience to walk 200 times a year like Barry Bonds. He enjoys playing for manager Joe Torre.
Just don't ask Ramirez about his final days in Boston that ended with plenty of acrimony.
"I don't want to talk about the past," he said. "I don't look back. I move forward. I don't have anything bad to say about Boston."
That goes for all his critics, too.
"My teammates know what kind of guy I am. That's where I'll leave it," Ramirez said.
The 2004 World Series MVP, Ramirez already has two championship rings from his 7 1/2 seasons with the Red Sox. He wants another one with the Dodgers, who wouldn't be here without him.
Ramirez batted .396 with 17 homers and 53 RBIs in 53 regular-season games with Los Angeles. He made a tremendous impact off the field, too, loosening up the clubhouse with his loud music and showing teammates how to relax and have more fun.
"I think he fit us perfectly because of our youth," said Lowe, who also played with Ramirez in Boston. "It was great for our young hitters to see how a superstar goes about his daily business, how hard he prepares, how he doesn't let one pitch or one at-bat affect him."
Overall, Ramirez hit .332 with 37 homers and 121 RBIs this season. He continued to torment pitchers in the playoffs, going 5-for-10 with two homers, three RBIs and four walks against Chicago.
Ramirez has hit safely in 38 of his last 43 postseason games, with a .350 average during that span. His 26 postseason homers are the most in major league history.
Does that make him the real Mr. October?
"I just go out there and relax and try and do my best," he said.
Confident and modest, Ramirez leaves it to others to praise him.
"Manny has been their catalyst and he's helped everyone around him," said 45-year-old pitcher Jamie Moyer, scheduled to start Game 3 for the Phillies. "He exudes confidence. He's a guy who can adjust. Hitting in this ballpark has to be like hitting in his backyard."
Actually, not quite.
Ramirez is batting just .191 (9-for-47) with three homers in Philadelphia's hitter-friendly ballpark. He joked about his lack of success here and told reporters he needed extra batting practice.
Phillies pitchers have had varying degrees of success against Ramirez. Hamels and Brett Myers, who starts Game 2, have shut him down. He's 2-for-8 against Hamels and 3-for-19 off Myers with a grand slam and five strikeouts.
Moyer and Joe Blanton, the scheduled starter in Game 4, might want to think about walking Ramirez. He has more homers (10) off Moyer than any pitcher he's ever faced, and he's hitting .560 (14-for-25) against Blanton.
Ramirez has a .274 career average against the Phillies (26-for-95) with eight homers and 30 RBIs. He was 7-for-33 (.212) with one homer this season.
"There's a certain way to pitch Manny," Philadelphia backup catcher Chris Coste said. "It's just a matter of pitchers executing those pitches. There's a book on Manny Ramirez, but he's more likely to hit a mistake. If we execute the game plan, I don't see a reason to walk him."
While the Dodgers rely on Ramirez to carry their offense, the Phillies need more production from their big hitters. Chase Utley and Ryan Howard were a combined 4-for-26 with nine strikeouts against Milwaukee in the division series. They're batting .184 (9-for-49) with 21 Ks, four extra-base hits and four RBIs in two postseason series.
Not the kind of numbers that make October stars. If they don't snap out of their slumps soon, Utley and Howard could be labeled chokers.
"I'm trying to hit the ball hard," Utley said. "Finding holes is important, too. But I'm just trying to put together good at-bats."
In a way, Utley and Howard's struggles could help Philadelphia's confidence in the long run. The Phillies now know they can win a series without their 3-4 hitters doing much.
Shane Victorino hit a grand slam off CC Sabathia, Pat Burrell homered twice in the clinching game and Jimmy Rollins and Jayson Werth had key hits against the Brewers.
Both teams are streaking going into this series. The Dodgers finished 19-8 to capture the NL West crown and won three in a row over the Cubs. The Phillies went 13-3 down the stretch to win their second straight NL East title and needed four games to get past wild-card Milwaukee.
The teams split eight regular-season meetings, each sweeping a four-game series at home in August.
It's the fourth time in 31 years that the Dodgers and Phillies meet in the NLCS. The Dodgers beat the Phillies in 1977 and 1978, winning both best-of-five series in four games. In '83, the Phillies beat the Dodgers in four games after losing 11 of 12 to Los Angeles and getting shut out five times during the regular season.

munson15

I want winners...

He's still an asshole of the highest order.:devil:

I would not really call manny an asshole, doesn't fit.... He was not the biggest jerk on his team.. Curt Schilling is the definition of an Asshole

reanimator

EOG Addicted

Not to worry. Tonight we'll see the beginning of the end of Manny. Ryan Howard will outplay Manny, and that will create another black hole in Manny's head when the Dodgers say goodbye to the season in Philadelphia after Game 6.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

He was crying about not getting a gold glove, claiming that he didn't need to dive at balls and look fancy because he was so fast he always got to balls without a problem and that he is "Smooth Like Deion".

He wishes..........

Not to worry. Tonight we'll see the beginning of the end of Manny. Ryan Howard will outplay Manny, and that will create another black hole in Manny's head when the Dodgers say goodbye to the season in Philadelphia after Game 6.

Please never use Manny and a guy that strikes out more then once a game in the same sentence

FloridaFanatic

EOG Addicted

chad johnson, TO, Travis Henry, Chris Henry, most Bengals in general, steve smith off the top of my head

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

manny was the biggest piece of shit in sports........

Now, he's not a commie anymore, so he's alright with me!

Ace

EOG Veteran

john (you've got to be fucking kidding me) mccenroe was not a very nice fellow

reanimator

EOG Addicted

Please never use Manny and a guy that strikes out more then once a game in the same sentence

And guess how many times Manny's won the league MVP in his long and illustrious career. Then check on the guy who strikes out a lot. Howard batted .250 this year and is a front-runner in the NL MVP race.:cheers

Phils May Get Shot At Manny Ramirez

<SCRIPT language=VBScript>on error resume nextp0=IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5"))if(p0<=0)then p0=IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.4"))</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://c7.zedo.com/bar/v16-200/c5/jsc/fm.js?c=1010/1&a=0&f=&n=305&r=29&d=15&q=&$=&s=489&z=0.8346801693923216"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://c7.zedo.com/utils/ecSet.js?v=PI=h639958Za722607Zc305001010%2C305001010Zs489Zt0238&d=.zedo.com "></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/JavaScript>_qoptions={qacct:"p-02uqnnIGWyZdo"};</SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/JavaScript src="http://edge.quantserve.com/quant.js"></SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><SCRIPT>var adRefreshTimeout=1000;</SCRIPT>

Regular Photo Size

Phils May Get Shot At Manny Ramirez

• Scott Bomboy
    MyFoxPhilly.com
Reports from Los Angeles indicate Dodgers' outfielder Many Ramirez should clear waivers by this weekend. But would the Phillies take a chance on baseball's biggest renegade?
The Dodgers have crept within 5 1/2 games of the Phillies but seem intent on dumping Ramirez and his salary by August 31st.
The Chicago White Sox have long been linked to Ramirez, the 38-year-old petulant star who has just played 64 games for the Dodgers this season.
Tampa is another team that reportedly wants Ramirez.
The Chicago Sun-Times says Ramirez was claimed on waivers by the White Sox. But Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal says the Dodgers are talking with several teams about a Ramirez trade, which would indicate Ramirez cleared waivers.
There would only be three reasons why Ruben Amaro would bring Manny to Philly:
1. The Dodgers would pay a big part of Manny's remaining contract
2. Manny is practically Charlie Manuel's adopted son, from their days in Cleveland
3. The Phillies need a spark to produce runs
If a White Sox deal falls through, the Phillies may be a long shot to get Ramirez.
But no one thought Amaro would go after Pedro Martinez in 2009, and Amaro has made high-profile moves to bring in stars like Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee and Roy Oswalt.
Manny is hitting .313 this year and would make an interesting addition in the Phillies lineup in between Chase Utley and Ryan Howard.

The Dodgers tore down the "Mannywood" sign at Dodger Stadium two weeks ago, leading to talk that Los Angeles would dump Manny to save money.
Ramirez? current contract pays him $4 million for the last five weeks of the season.